Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post
    can you share that info source with me please?

thanks

€: google is my friend again ^^
    front page bro

Talent Trees "Primary Skills"
    These skills are automatically learned when you pick your main talent tree at level 10.

DK - Unholy
    A master of death and decay, spreading infection and controlling undead minions to do his/her bidding.

* Impurity
    * Master of Ghouls
    * Scourge Strike
    * Reaping

wow pestilence will sucks for Unholy :s
    Spreads existing Blood Plague and Frost Fever infections from your target to all other enemies within 10 yards. Diseases spread this way deal 50% of normal damage.

Initial thoughts about unholy tree are extremely disappointing, it just looks like a majorly shrunk version of the current tree, with mostly PVP talents. Blizzard said you should have to make difficult choices between talents when speccing, with this unholy build it's more how do you minimize wasting points on PVP talents to pick up sterile PVE talents that are very very very similar to before.

Character develops itself in the stream of life

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by psy4x View Post
    wow pestilence will sucks for Unholy :s
    Spreads existing Blood Plague and Frost Fever infections from your target to all other enemies within 10 yards. Diseases spread this way deal 50% of normal damage.
    I'm fairly sure i've read somewhere that diseases will be able to crit in Cata, so they had to do something otherwise we'd be back to the point of ridiculous AoE damage like it was when they first introduced the 4-piece T9 bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Solarity View Post
    Initial thoughts about unholy tree are extremely disappointing, it just looks like a majorly shrunk version of the current tree, with mostly PVP talents. Blizzard said you should have to make difficult choices between talents when speccing, with this unholy build it's more how do you minimize wasting points on PVP talents to pick up sterile PVE talents that are very very very similar to before.
    I'm not seeing these PVP talents that everyone is complaining about. I mean yeah I see them, they're there, but very easy to avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Donttakevurge View Post
    I'm not seeing these PVP talents that everyone is complaining about. I mean yeah I see them, they're there, but very easy to avoid.
    I get your point but by avoiding them it gives you no options to really define your talent trees, where before you could go for talents like reaping and morbidity because you had the freedom. Now it seems that for Unholy you will have to use a very rigid talent tree with little flexibility like you could have before, just to avoid speccing into PVP talents. I thought the whole idea was to reduce the amount of talents & talent points and have to make a few difficult decisions as i remember a person from blizz saying.

Character develops itself in the stream of life

Check the main page for the DK core abilities

does this mean the ghoul dont die after x seconds since the master of ghouls talent is gone?

where's this PVP stuff?
    You put points in virulence, with a basic set of epic gear there should be NO need to gem,enchant,or spec to meet the hit cap. For people clearing more higher than beginner content these are wasted points used to get deeper into a tree.

P.S -b4 you say something bout IUP, it looks like UP will be unholy main pressence in Cata, so IUP is not a waste also.
    I didn't say anything regarding that because its an obvious assumption if the intention is to remove blood presences dmg buff.

P.P.S - idk what is you HIGH TIER GEAR, but my mains char gear with SM and nearly all ICC BiS(no RS), is needed to chant for hit rating, and insert gems for hit, to be only meele capped.

After a decent set of Naxx gear when the xpac came out I was WELL above the hit cap with no gems or enchantsm... by the time I was clearing ToC reg i was damn near the spell cap with no intention of doing so. To piss away what few points we now have into something that doesn't bring anything to the table is less than ideal. Granted this is just a Beta build this is VERY poor quality. And with a full ICC set with no gems enchants im sitting on a 10.5% hit chance and im also above the expertise cap. So im curious how you need to gem and enchant to get capped.

---------- Post added 2010-07-14 at 11:10 AM ----------

At this rate frost is looking to be the dominant spec which is nice. However blood always was the most fun of the three, it will be missed.
    Last edited by hobbeskabobs; 2010-07-14 at 11:07 AM.

Guess I'm finally gonna quit, all these trees look like complete bollocks,they seem to have left in the boring shit and removed the interesting stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbeskabobs View Post
    You put points in virulence, with a basic set of epic gear there should be NO need to gem,enchant,or spec to meet the hit cap. For people clearing more higher than beginner content these are wasted points used to get deeper into a tree.

After a decent set of Naxx gear when the xpac came out I was WELL above the hit cap with no gems or enchants
    Virulence is 3% hit to spells only, not to your melee or special attacks. You aren't speccing for "hit cap" as in white hits and special attacks. You'll still need your 8% hit from gear/enchants/gems/etc. to be special hit capped. Its a talent you take in any unholy spec today, so why is it such a big deal in cata?

The red glowing hand effect makes sense because Icy Talons leeches heat from victims of Frost Fever.

In Cataclysm, every new raid tier will require higher amounts of hit to be capped.

Every new raid tier will require higher amounts of hit to be capped.

That means you'll need additional hit every time a new content patch comes out.

That means arguing over the hit cap now is pretty much pointless.
    Last edited by Athael; 2010-07-14 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Athael View Post
    In Cataclysm, every new raid tier will require higher amounts of hit to be capped.

Every new raid tier will require higher amounts of hit to be capped.

That means you'll need additional hit every time a new content patch comes out.

That means arguing over the hit cap now is pretty much pointless.
    you have a source on this?

again arguing over virulence is useless unless you plan on gearing for spell hit cap.

Two points to head off the freak out before it begins

1. GC said that the DK talent trees in particular have not had much work on them yet. They are actually 2nd to last as far as development only ahead of the Druid talents and both of these classes should expect a lot of additional changes once the talents are more closely worked on.

2. GC had previously posted that the "waste" of hit as a stat with each progressive tier was a concern and they plan on addressing that by requiring more hit to achieve the cap with each tier. He said it didnt make sense that players find each new tier of boss easier to hit and are able to do more damage to that boss because of gear advancement. It was counter intuitive that you do more damage to the LK than you do to KT and that LK has more trouble hitting a ilevel 264 geared tank than KT had hitting an ilevel 200 geared tank since KT is the intro boss and the LK is the end of expansion boss. That was a problem with the game setup since regardless of tier bosses are still in essence level 83 mobs interacting with increasingly power player characters. To correct that each rather than resorting to zone wide debuffs which are artificial and lame, each tier will have Bosses "scaling" just as players scale with tiers so you will end up needing more and more hit to cap against more powerful bosses.

TLDR: 1. The DK talent trees will be changing. 2. You will want to talent for hit in Cata
    Last edited by Faenlyn; 2010-07-14 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Donttakevurge View Post
    you have a source on this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Faenlyn View Post
    2. GC had previously posted that the "waste" of hit as a stat with each progressive tier was a concern and they plan on addressing that by requiring more hit to achieve the cap with each tier. He said it didnt make sense that players find each new tier of boss easier to hit and are able to do more damage to that boss because of gear advancement. It was counter intuitive that you do more damage to the LK than you do to KT and that LK has more trouble hitting a ilevel 264 geared tank than KT had hitting an ilevel 200 geared tank since KT is the intro boss and the LK is the end of expansion boss. That was a problem with the game setup since regardless of tier bosses are still in essence level 83 mobs interacting with increasingly power player characters. To correct that each rather than resorting to zone wide debuffs which are artificial and lame, each tier will have Bosses "scaling" just as players scale with tiers so you will end up needing more and more hit to cap against more powerful bosses.
    ^That. Ghostcrawler said it. Bosses in Cat will scale just like players. You'll need more hit to hit Deathwing than you will Cho'Gall.
    Last edited by Athael; 2010-07-14 at 01:42 PM.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post
    can you share that info source with me please?

thanks

€: google is my friend again ^^
    Go to here; ...ww.mmo-champion.com/content...(leave the dots out ofc and place an extra w, cant use links yet)

Scroll down till you see;

Talent Trees "Primary Skills"
    These skills are automatically learned when you pick your main talent tree at level 10.

And you will see DK's handled first with the following info.

DK - Unholy
    A master of death and decay, spreading infection and controlling undead minions to do his/her bidding.
    Impurity
    Master of Ghouls
    Scourge Strike
    Reaping

Little research on this site does wonders.

Yrs Drac.

I really hope the icons for Necrotic Strike and Outbreak are placeholders.

Deleted
    The one for Dark Sim sucks too.

Want the old trees back personally, never liked the ones from Classic WoW.