Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    It's a shame Icy Talons won't be specable as subtree for Unholy. Also I hope they will fix first tiers of frost tree, since frost dps going unholy sub has awesome talents to choose while unholy going frost sub has almost nothing to choose from (Improved Icy Touch and maybe Runic Empowerment if Death Coil will be used enough).

* While this is a first pass on all of the talent trees, death knight, druid, paladin, warlock, Arcane mage, and Assassination rogue trees are not as far along as other specializations.

Please keep this ind mind guys.. everything can still change.

If these trees are final, I foresee a DK on craiglist very soon.
    I dont think there was anything wrong with how the trees used to be. Now every talent feels mandatory with no wiggle room.

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    If these trees are final, I foresee a DK on craiglist very soon.
    I dont think there was anything wrong with how the trees used to be. Now every talent feels mandatory with no wiggle room.
    How about reading other comments in this section before posting, its been said at least three times these trees are FAR from final. i mean, the Beta just started for crying out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthzil View Post
    It's a shame Icy Talons won't be specable as subtree for Unholy. Also I hope they will fix first tiers of frost tree, since frost dps going unholy sub has awesome talents to choose while unholy going frost sub has almost nothing to choose from (Improved Icy Touch and maybe Runic Empowerment if Death Coil will be used enough).
    I'm frost, and I'd currently rather subspec Blood for Bladed Armor and Blood Caked Blade than Unholy for Virulence and Epidemic (Unholy 2nd tier has nothing at all for us, and we lose access to our beloved Necrosis).

These are things that I'd like to change from here to the expansion:

- On a Pale Horse needs to come back.
    - Reducing AOE damage is all well and good, but if this is the case Frost's 31 point talent ability becomes far too situational (something we wouldn't want to use on single target bosses, which is most of the ones in WOTLK...). Howling Blast was already severely nerfed. Reducing its damage by half makes sense because it's happening to all AOE damage, but we really need a new 31 pointer which is worthy of our GCDs.
    - The trees are too small, and I agree with all those who have said this greatly reduces choice and flexibility rather than the other way round. Maybe they could be made longer, reducing the amount of points needed to jump tier from 5 to 3? We've lost 3 tiers of access to subtrees and, again, that feels like it's really gimped our array of choices.

In general, I must say the change feels more negative than positive.

(http etc..., just replace the spaces with periods-->) talent mmo-champion com/?deathknight#,,12479

^^ The actual tree list ^^

DK - Blood
    "A dark guardian who manipulates and corrupts life energy to sustain himself/herself in the face of an enemy onslaught."
    Veteran of the Third War (+stam/expertise)
    Death Rune Mastery
    Heart Strike
    Vengeance

DK - Frost
    "An icy harbinger of doom, channeling runic power and delivering rapid weapon strikes."
    Frost Strike
    Icy Talons
    Blood of the North

DK - Unholy
    "A master of death and decay, spreading infection and controlling undead minions to do his/her bidding."
    Impurity
    Master of Ghouls
    Scourge Strike
    Reaping

Now that that's out of the way and the trolls have become possible outstanding members of society (I wish)..., let's continue with the topic at hand.

Maybe Unholy Presence has the mounted speed increase. Does anyone have the description/stat bonuses implemented in the beta?
    Last edited by Thessalor; 2010-07-14 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clasko View Post
    * While this is a first pass on all of the talent trees, death knight, druid, paladin, warlock, Arcane mage, and Assassination rogue trees are not as far along as other specializations.

Please keep this ind mind guys.. everything can still change.
    we all know this

Quote Originally Posted by Fitnar View Post
    How about reading other comments in this section before posting, its been said at least three times these trees are FAR from final. i mean, the Beta just started for crying out loud.
    Wait, "Beta" doesn't mean "Final production-ready version"?!
    I blame Google/Gmail for confusing me! >.<
    My Alt is a Kingslayer, but my Main is not...

Even if they change it wont be a big major change, and thats what it needs...

Pls leave blood tree as it was before

Quote Originally Posted by Thessalor View Post
    (http etc..., just replace the spaces with periods-->) talent mmo-champion com/?deathknight#,,12479
    Maybe Unholy Presence has the mounted speed increase. Does anyone have the description/stat bonuses implemented in the beta?
    The description of Unholy Presence from the front page (it's among the class abilities, easy to miss) is:

Infuses the death knight with unholy fury, increasing attack speed and rune regeneration by 10%, movement speed by 15%. Only one Presence may be active at a time.

So no mounted speed, though having it integrated with Unholy presence without having to spend talent points would be sweet. Maybe to sweet, and I'd understand that, but at least we should have the option to acquire it (and it should be no higher than tier 2, just like the insanely overpowered Pursuit of Justice...).

Our presences are also nerfed, only becoming as good as they used to be if you acquire the improved presence talent...

Quote Originally Posted by Winterfell View Post
    Our presences are also nerfed, only becoming as good as they used to be if you acquire the improved presence talent...
    presences didn't get nerfed they all got changed. None of them do what they used to

Quote Originally Posted by Donttakevurge View Post
    presences didn't get nerfed they all got changed. None of them do what they used to
    Although frost presence is 10% increased damage and blood is currently 15%, this is probably due to other balance changes.

I hope everyone appreciates the new aspects of PvP for Death Knights. I understand how little we got for PvE, but we honestly have plenty to work with. With 2-handed Frost making a comeback everyone will be happy. I for one, am most excited about our level 85 ability, Dark Simulacrum. DS will not only act as a "spell reflect" when combined with AMS, but can also benefit us in other ways. For example. Let's say an Arcane mage has 5-6k health remaining, and goes to cast Arcane Blast. A smart Death Knight would apply DS about 3/4 of the way through the cast in order to prevent the usage of Arcane Blast unless the mage intends suicide. DS may also act as a "silencing execute" meaning it will prevent the usage of all powerful spells when the opponent is at a low amount of HP.

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireWrites View Post
    Let's say an Arcane mage has 5-6k health remaining, and goes to cast Arcane Blast. A smart Death Knight would apply DS about 3/4 of the way through the cast in order to prevent the usage of Arcane Blast unless the mage intends suicide. DS may also act as a "silencing execute" meaning it will prevent the usage of all powerful spells when the opponent is at a low amount of HP.
    I think the goal (for me, at least) is you put DS on them and then let them cast it anyway. Since you'll be the one unleashing the copy of the spell, the KB is all yours.

The potential for DS is amazing. My favorite thought experiments:

DS during warlock Fear.
    DS just before pally bubble/LoH.
    DS just before Shaman pushback. Specifically at the LM in AB.
    DS as you drop to 20% when fighting a hunter. Killshot anyone?

It's going to be a good day to be a DK when cata drops.

10+ Year Old Account
    You cant reflect benifical spells or aoe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomm
    HEY GUYS
    CATACLYSM IS GOING TO RUIN THE GAME.. BUT I CANT REMEMBER WHY!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    I prefer my own description.

The Alliance, we have beards.
    Fuck you.

-Niagra
    I was assuming the mage was experienced, meaning he would watch his debuff/buffs for DS and would stop casting. Either way, thats 8 seconds without him casting any powerful spells. However you view the idea, this ability could really mess with certain casters in PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unholy doesn't look good imo....I hope they can fix it up to be more appealing otherwise I'm gonna have to go frost.

Quote Originally Posted by Isotoped View Post
    Unholy doesn't look good imo....I hope they can fix it up to be more appealing otherwise I'm gonna have to go frost.
    Looks alright to me. again, it helps to read those "Hey this *ish isn't finished yet" comments that fill up the first 3 pages...
    You aren't even forced to take any PvP talents for PvE if you don't want.
    (tried to post the links but alas, it wont let me yet...)

-Voltaire: an experienced caster might stop the cast, but an equally experienced dk (once to lvl 85) probably won't waste DS in order to force them to stop casting an awesome spell. We can just mind-freeze for that.
    DS has way more potential (imho) to be used just before the cast is complete on a particular spell you want to copy.