Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ProTech View Post
    Does someone knows what abilities will we getting for selecting the tree?

Pyroblast is a Level 20 ability everyone gets, Arcane Blast is the level 60 ability, and Water Elemental is the Level 50 one. So my guess those will not be the mastery bonus spells.

Permanent water elemental also does not make much sense as we only get the spell at level 50. So I think the Eternal Water glyph stays.

Also it makes possible PoM Pyroblast again, as Arcane mages get Pyroblast at level 20 anyway.

---------- Post added 2010-07-14 at 07:31 AM ----------

Now I saw this pic, so I guess that the Complete Skill list portion of the first post have some bugs.

http://wowcataclysmnews.com/images/trees/mage.jpg

Yeah I'm assuming that pyro/water elemental/arcane barrage will not be trained anymore. Has it been updated this way on Beta yet?

Quote Originally Posted by rainCZ View Post
    every cool talent is gone
    Which one are you missing that was cool? The one thing I found was as I filled out a tree for say pure dps talents for say a raider, I had points left over that had no place to go that would straight up increase dps. Is this a good thing? Well.... can be if the extra points can go in a "cool" talent, but I was kinda meh about my options.

Also the first 2 tiers of frost really don't seem that attractive to raiding arcane or fire mages.

Quote Originally Posted by rainCZ View Post
    Which one are you missing that was cool? The one thing I found was as I filled out a tree for say pure dps talents for say a raider, I had points left over that had no place to go that would straight up increase dps. Is this a good thing? Well.... can be if the extra points can go in a "cool" talent, but I was kinda meh about my options.

Also the first 2 tiers of frost really don't seem that attractive to raiding arcane or fire mages.

15+ Year Old Account

Which one are you missing that was cool?
    Playing Whith Fire(Cata version), Firy Payback.

Now fire pvp will be even wrorse then it is wotlk now.
    Last edited by Sunwrath; 2010-07-17 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Thnx Swizzle pointing that out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunwrath View Post
    Playing Whith Fire(Cata version), Firy Payback.

Now fire pvp is even wrorse then it is wotlk now.
    the time space continuum would like a word with you. i'm going to go off on a limb and say that mage DPS will be so bad in t13 content it will be just as bad as it is now.
    BfA Beta Time

I hear you get talents for "free" without talenting them. "All the cool things" aren't gone.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Champloo View Post
    obvious troll is obvious.

These trees looks awful for PVE. Wont be playing if they don't get completely and entirely re-done.
    wow you're an idiot aren't you? look at what i quoted then re-read what you quoted.

also, how on earth do the trees look awful for PvE? just curious, since you seem to know a bit more about mages than myself.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    the time space continuum would like a word with you. i'm going to go off on a limb and say that mage DPS will be so bad in t13 content it will be just as bad as it is now.
    that's lol.

I personally am excited about the trees. I think they look fantastic and I like the level 10 abilities that go along with it. As for the water elemental, you get the 45 second version when you spend your first talent point into frost. The level 50 ability, is...well, not sure honestly. Pretty sure things just have to be worked out as people test some of this stuff on beta.

As far as sub-speccing goes, as arcane I would probably sub-spec into fire, As fire I would probably sub-spec into arcane, I am a little torn for frost though. There are a few talents in arcane that seem like they would be a must (like Netherwind Presence, Torment of the weak), but there seem to be a few in fire that would benefit frost as well. Due to the fact that you would be throwing frostfire bolt for frost later on.

Did anyone else notice the talent in frost called frostfire orb? AMAZING! IMO anyways.
    Words are a wonderful form of communication, but they will never replace kisses and punches. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

wow you're an idiot aren't you? look at what i quoted then re-read what you quoted.

also, how on earth do the trees look awful for PvE? just curious, since you seem to know a bit more about mages than myself.
    Go check the arcane tree and ask again.You have to take useless/pvp talents to even get to the bottem of the tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Champloo View Post

These trees looks awful for PVE. Wont be playing if they don't get completely and entirely re-done.
    Mhh i wouldnt totaly agree with this. Arcane seems pretty good for PvP if the Dmg´s scaled high enough.

But iam Really worried about frost as no PoM, Imp.Cs, and the exclusion of FB/FFB from FoF really hurts a lot :/

And tbh theres no way Fire PvP will ever be worthfull

Quote Originally Posted by ysoly View Post
    Go check the arcane tree and ask again.You have to take useless/pvp talents to even get to the bottem of the tree.
    No you have to take talents who're situationally useful in PvE which is not quite the same. On a side note, MM hunters have it worse.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Tell me. If arcane mages are the top dps and your rotation is as complex as ever, will you give a shit if you have to take a few pvp/utility talents?

If you look at any spec this is how all the trees are. You will find after you have taken all the points you need you'll have some left over to just .. spend. Taking a few utility talents to get to the end will still give you all the talents you could get for pure dps anyway.

I see this in the druid, hunter and mage trees, which are the only ones I've really played with.

That means if taking a few utility talents makes you think it sucks for pve, well looks like all classes are gonna suck in the same way (by that definition) so mages can still be THE BOMB DIGGITY.

Horrible!!! Horrible!!!
    I dont like the new talent tree at all. Chopping the talent trees is another dumb idea next to 10 and 25 man raids drop the same loot.

I thought they were going to make talent trees more fun but it is quite the opposite, BORING.

Lets talk about what happens if you want to play an arcane mage for example;

First of all reducing the number of talents gives talent points more value in Cata. it is like "2 WotLK talent points = 1 Cata talent point", so the new talent points are twice as valuable compare to WotLK ones (to the math geniuses out there, I know it is 1.85, I am trying to be practicle here). So keep this in mind as you read the rest of my argument.

Second, with the 41 point talent system, we have no flexibility at all. If I want to get to the bottom of the arcane tree, I need to spend (WASTE) at least 7 points (equivalent to 14 WotLK points) in useless pvp abilities, not to mention I cant have icy veins anymore since I am being forced to have 31 in arcane before spending any points anywhere else, it costs 22 WotLK points anyway, quite expensive. Since I cant get to any useful talent tier on frost or fire trees, guess what, I spent remaining 10 points in even more useless arcane talents talents. Introducing the new cookie cutter talent build 41/0/0 or maybe 32/6/3.

To me, with this new design, there is no reason to have talent trees. All we need to have is a window with 3 options; arcane, fire, frost, pick one and get it over with, you have no flexibility, no room to diversify or experiment with a few extra points or spend them on a fun ability.

In conclusion, please Blizzard just add a new talent with 5 points on it to our current trees or change the 5 points per tier rule to 4 pointe per tier so we can get to the bottom of the tree with 25 points and pick up some useful abilities from other trees.

Dont waste your time on dumbing this game down any further.

Horrible!!! Horrible!!!....
    Last edited by selinek; 2010-07-14 at 06:52 PM.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Here's a nice pic of what the new talent UI looks like:

http://wowcataclysmnews.com/images/trees/mage.jpg

It looks like you get your level 10 special abilities not by putting a point into a tree, but by actually clicking either the 'arcane', 'fire', or 'frost' button. Though this amounts to the same thing in the end.

Have to agree with a little of the QQ about some of the choices, i mainly play 2 characters and with my mage i have to choose between useless talents like blazing speed, impact and molten shields just to find a way to get to the bottom of a tree.

On my rogue i WANT to put 41 points in the assassination tree because almost every talent in it are PVE gains. I had to decide between a bunch of useful talents on my rogue as opposed to trying to decide on what sucked less on my mage...LoL

Im sure a lot of things will change but right now mages have to IMO waste a lot of points in situational/PVP oriented stuff that most of us would not even touch for PVE if we had better choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumocolor View Post
    Have to agree with a little of the QQ about some of the choices, i mainly play 2 characters and with my mage i have to choose between useless talents like blazing speed, impact and molten shields just to find a way to get to the bottom of a tree.
    http://www.wowtal.com/#k=tOuuDZKa.9mn.mage

IDK being able to pick up Blastwave and DB without getting shit on by your raid leader seems kinda nice.
    Last edited by dieseledge; 2010-07-14 at 07:41 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    i...i don't want to believe that there are actually people on here who still can't read. out of all the trees shown (and they're calling the it the first pass), arcane is one of the trees that is far behind the others. so are your damn rogues

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard
    While this is a first pass on all of the talent trees, death knight, druid, paladin, warlock, Arcane mage, and Assassination rogue trees are not as far along as other specializations.
    skljhckchqcjs
    cajhcs,jahgcs
    asjcghaljksca
    read.
    BfA Beta Time