Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I still am unable to view the new 31 pt talent trees for warriors. I'm usuing Ctl + F5, but it's not working.
    I can see the 31 pt trees for rogues, shamans, DK's, but nobody else. What am I doing wrong? I can't even see the new warrior talent trees when I click on a link of a new build that someone has created. Any help?

Drbrach: Hmm.. Sounds weird. I mean, if you're able to see some of the trees, you should be able to see all I think.

Well, anyone out there, with beta installed, knows how stance dance is working? I really want to know since rend seems like a good idea for fury warriors (its always is) but I dont know how much rage we keep changing stances.

Quote Originally Posted by alade View Post
    http://www.wowtal.com/#k=IHR1sp1p.9mn.warrior

That seems to be the new cookie cutter build for prot with some variations I guess, Concusion blow and Vigilance might be
    better than Cruelty but as it stands now Vigilance more or less is not desirable and concussion blow is almost useless since devastate can pretty much replace it.

Improved Rend might also deserve a look in the future for prot since Blood and Thunder implies we'll be using it a lot.
    How is vigilance not desirable?? I don't get it.. It reduces the dmg they take by 3% and then in-turn get any dmg they receive as Vengeance. Free, and a quicker, stacks of vengeance.. I'd drop 2 points from Sweep and Clear and just pick up Conc and Vigilance. Not to mention the fact that its a HUGE off-tank tool; If you're an OT, or just trash tank'n, then you're gaining you're vengeance just like the MT is, you're making him take less dmg and you pretty much have an infinite amount of taunts for random trash or whatever mechanics they decide to throw at us for Cata.

Have to say, I'm pretty unhappy with the Vigilance nerf. I liked that I could pretty well muzzle a high-threat dps class to make them more manageable (i.e. Fire mages, Bladestorming warriors, etc.) I understand, that now that responsibility to manage aggro is on the DPS without it, but at the same time, most people fall back on the "Blame the tank" mentality.

Maybe I worry too much, though.
    Again, there wasn't much of a nerf, just change in mechanics. It's quicker stacking Vengeance, which is more threat and still free taunts when you need it. It's actually better because it'll blanket the whole raid instead of that one nuts dps, I guess in the same sense it was the same then with the transfer of threat but now its got a few more niches it can fill and be used for.

http://www.wowtal.com/#k=kuztxwXj.9mn.warrior
    ^
    my rough sketch of a prot warrior. still debating between rend and blood craze

---edit---

i left glyphs out because im sure they'll all change aswell come cata.

Idk, it seems like the fury build (at the moment anyways) is very clear...you may want to take a point out of imp execute and put it into maxing unbridal wrath. But we would have to know is 10% more damage on an ability that will be used but probably not spammed better than a quicker 1 more rage to get to 100 rage faster and for the entire fight. Also is there a internal cooldown on unbridal wrath? i would think that that would destroy with single minded fury.

Prot has a little more wiggle room with talent points...but why would you really get gag order or safeguard (for tanking anyways). What i dont know is can we put points in all 3 trees? i know we start out with 1 tree and 1 tree only...does that same no-change-effect also happen when we go into the 2nd tree? getting field dressing and blood craze would be redic!

Arms seems to be the spec with the most point changing-ness. Like it has its obvious part of the build but there is definitely that sense of "free talent points to spend on what you want" feel that GC mentioned. It looks like the pvp arms build will be situational depending on grouping for an aoe charge, healing yourself, dishing out more damage or a long game with plenty of fears where youd kill to have that -cooldown time. Im a little PO'd about not having piercing howl for pvp though....you can be ontop of someone and still not be able to hamstring them due to their lag or yours. lame oh well maybe it will get changed ;D

Looking at Fury, I think my Build will go along these lines:

ARMS: 3/3 War Academy, 2/2 Field Dressing. 3/3 Deep Wounds 2/2 Impale (Maybe, I'll see how slam plays out)

FURY: 3/3 AttT, 2/2 Cruelty. 3/3 Blood Craze, 3/3 Intensify Rage, 2/2 Imp Execute. 2/2 Impending Victory, 2/2 FitB, 2/2 Enrage. (I've got a floating point here, bouncing between Piercing Howl, Even the Odds, or Booming voice.) 3/3 Flurry, Deathwish, Rampage, 3/3 Bloodsurge, 2/2 Skirmisher and then whatever weapon set (one or two handed) I happen to have.

Im thinking http://www.wowtal.com/#k=Ga1WeOCWU.9mn.warrior

Whether I go with unbridled wrath or booming voice of course depends on which ends up generating more rage.

Why are so many people taking enrage? It's still the same crap it is now, just takes fewer points.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

any one else notice inner rage got changed to 50 percent damage increase instead of 15?

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Why are so many people taking enrage? It's still the same crap it is now, just takes fewer points.
    It triggers off of ANY damage, not just direct damage to the warrior. Plus we're getting an ability (At this time) that can only be used while enraged.
    Rinfa on Blackwater Raiders. Account currently inactive due to deployment.

I'm curious as to why a lot of Fury builds here are taking things that seem like PVP talents. Maybe I'm missing something but from a pve viewpoint, things like Furious Attacks, Heroic Fury, Skimmisher and Blood Craze (and even enrage to some extent) seem more like PVP than DPS/PvE talents. I'm sure I must be missing something.

WOuldn't something like this provide the most DPS? http://www.wowtal.com/#k=Za1WzK7CG.9mn.warrior
    Last edited by shiftybear; 2010-07-14 at 06:32 PM.

Deleted
    Well i see everyone going for the Impale, but i don't know if is still a better choise instead of the incite (2/3). Any thoughts!?

Well is going to depend on how often we use HS... guess we have to wait and see

Loving the new prot talents. Although it's hard to commit to any build until we know what rage management is going to be like. Personally I'm hoping we won't need sweep and clear or the shield block talent, 6 talents for rage generation seems rather heavy. Blood Craze looks appealing depending on if they stick to their words regarding damage and health pools, and imp rend suddenly looks worth taking to combine with the new AoE rend.

Would love to hear about rage generation though, it will be such a deciding factor in builds.

Armory Link
    Life's like a salmon swimming upstream - Hard work, and sometimes you get eaten by bears.

Loving the new prot talents. Although it's hard to commit to any build until we know what rage management is going to be like. Personally I'm hoping we won't need sweep and clear or the shield block talent, 6 talents for rage generation seems rather heavy. Blood Craze looks appealing depending on if they stick to their words regarding damage and health pools, and imp rend suddenly looks worth taking to combine with the new AoE rend.

Inner rage might also be tasty for prot, proc 100 rage and then revenge and shield slam with 50% increased damage? But yet again, that depends on rage mechanics.

Can't wait to get real feedback on rage generation, it will be such a deciding factor in builds.

Armory Link
    Life's like a salmon swimming upstream - Hard work, and sometimes you get eaten by bears.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggy View Post
    Prot has a little more wiggle room with talent points...but why would you really get gag order or safeguard (for tanking anyways). What i dont know is can we put points in all 3 trees? i know we start out with 1 tree and 1 tree only...does that same no-change-effect also happen when we go into the 2nd tree? getting field dressing and blood craze would be redic!
    We can put points in all 3 trees.

Also Safeguard and to a lesser extend Vigilance are both good for Off-Tanking and PvP. Vig especially since it will keep up the AP buff even while you're not being attacked, which will be very handy if it will work off of absorbs as well.

As well as Conc Blow I often use it as just an extra interrupt while tanking when shield bash and shockwave are on CD. Since I can think of other places I might want to put those 2 points it might work out well for a post-devastate build - pre-devastate you'll probably want CB just to have an extra attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggy View Post
    We can put points in all 3 trees.

Also Safeguard and to a lesser extend Vigilance are both good for Off-Tanking and PvP. Vig especially since it will keep up the AP buff even while you're not being attacked, which will be very handy if it will work off of absorbs as well.

As well as Conc Blow I often use it as just an extra interrupt while tanking when shield bash and shockwave are on CD. Since I can think of other places I might want to put those 2 points it might work out well for a post-devastate build - pre-devastate you'll probably want CB just to have an extra attack.

http://www.wowtal.com/#k=IHO663XT.9mn.warrior - Boss prot build
    http://www.wowtal.com/#k=kuzYGuSr.9mn.warrior - Trash AOE prot build

Not too sure about it but it will be something like that.

As a fury warrior I'll probably go with : http://www.wowtal.com/#k=ZYdp9WHO.9mn.warrior
    have to think a little more

As arms:http://www.wowtal.com/#k=lvN3Y3uP.9mn.warrior
    Don't know how bladestorm is doing in cata, may change it for blitz, I dont know.

It will be something along those lines, I'll have to test more. Hope I can win a key.....come on blizz help me out just like u did in Wotlk!

PvE Fury

http://www.wowtal.com/#k=GUeWWmlL.9mn.warrior

All about getting lots of rage, staying enraged, using zerker rage/bloodrage/death wish often, keeping uptime of inner rage... plenty of self healing too to compensate for increase squishiness.

Lots of fast, furious attacks.. pretty much the amazing fury warrior.

PvE Arms

http://www.wowtal.com/#k=lVCtvMtU.9mn.warrior

Precision beat down.

"I'm curious as to why a lot of Fury builds here are taking things that seem like PVP talents. "

Agreed lol its not making any sense to me. however i thank ye Culi for pointing out impale only being specific non bloodthirst skills rofl...i didnt even notice that X| im too used to seeing that tooltip picture and immediately thinking "this is a MUUUUUST". yeah incite could be better. *edit* especially if the heroic strike glyph stays the same it is now where we get most the rage back
    Last edited by Jaggy; 2010-07-14 at 07:00 PM. Reason: rage!

Fury, RAGE

I think i might just pop death wish...

What the hell happened to improved berserker stance(+20% strength and threat reduction in berserker stance talent)
    I always thought fury meant that this character was a brute with no defense ,a BERSERKER wields two weapons hits hard but has poorer accuracy than other dual wielders. But it looks like arms has more strength this time which is stupid because blizzard wants arms to be a gladiator that has a mix of strength and stamina but excels in neither and fury to be a vicious, blood crazy, killer that lives in the mountains. Fury needs more strength because right now. I also noticed that pallys lost the +15% strength in the prot tree. i dont see how "damage" is more exciting than strength because all that happened was strength buffs were replaced with "now you do more damage with this ability". this is BS and madness but not Sparta because Spartans had strength not damage points. strength bonuses gave people an idea what would be better for them on a piece of gear. looking at two pieces of gear and saying well this one has a little more crit rating but this one has more strength and ooh look i got 20% more strength because im fury if i was arms i would have gone with the other piece.

and now... death wish's duration is over so hurry up and fix this mess cuz i got more enrages that are off cooldown that i can pop.