Page 1 of 2
LastLast

No new affliction talents?

Cant help but notice that affliction got almost nothing new. Demo and destro both got brand new talents.. affliction got a couple talents modified.. slightly. Also.. what's with the odd soul fire talents in destro. is blizzard trying to get destro to use soul fire.. (yay pom soul fire) but hopefully we get to use soul fire out of that cooldown

the tree with the most changes is demo, and its the tree thats needed the most. it took almost 20% flat dmg increase and a slight change to one or 2 talents in 3.3 to bring demo where it is now. its in need of love and it got it. afflic and destro on the other hand are just fine and dont need to be altered that much on a talent perspetive.

and yes it does seem that there is some encouragement for destro locks to use SF, which should play out interesting.

Yeah.. i have played affliction for as long it's been viable and i love affliction.. it's completely understood that demo does need some love.. but doesnt mean affly shouldn't get anything.. wtb shotgun shadow bolt or the pestilence like corruption they were going to give us back in wrath.... again.. ahha endless complaints because my spec didn't get something shiny. but... /cry haha. idk what to say. moar QQ i guess....

forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?sid=1&topicId=25626108105

still waiting for a reply haha

I agree with Quar and Sab both. While demo needed love, this is a NEW EXPANSION, and I am leveling 5 new levels, I expect something different and new with regards to my spec. Fel Flame doesn't count as it's a spell for all specs. I don't expect much, do I do expect at the minimum one new thing in my spell tree.

While many may disagree with me, I have always though it made sense / it should work like

Aff is Max DPS over long time, thus best on bosses
    Demo is the utility(Raid buff) spec
    Destro is the PvP/Bursty spec for short fights.

Seems logical to me. Obviously Blizz can do what they want, but say destro had all 3, burst, best sustained DPS, and raid utility. Why would you go any other spec? If you give all the best to one spec, you can't be surprised when players feel forced into that spec.
    Last edited by SensenmanN; 2010-07-14 at 06:59 AM.

I can see how the rotation for demo is...woot, going to be affliction 3.0. Maybe we can see the light of day to remove the exclusivity of immolate and ua now. If the rotation for demo remains, it's going to be more like feral druid of today.

CoE, Bane of Doom, Corr, Immolate, Shadowbolt/Inc when MC procs, Demon Bolt, Meta then Immo, Hand of Guldan (still not sure if this is going to be on main rotation, we'll see) Demon Emp, Demon Soul, Soul Fire. HA!

But kinda make things interesting though.

15+ Year Old Account
    I dont see UA in the talent tree, its learnable now or what lol? Or we get it through Mastery?

UA is afflictions "primary" skill you are automatically taught at level 10. It's in todays news post.

Quote Originally Posted by SensenmanN View Post
    I agree with Quar and Sab both. While demo needed love, this is a NEW EXPANSION, and I am leveling 5 new levels, I expect something different and new with regards to my spec. Fel Flame doesn't count as it's a spell for all specs. I don't expect much, do I do expect at the minimum one new thing in my spell tree.

While many may disagree with me, I have always though it made sense / it should work like

Seems logical to me. Obviously Blizz can do what they want, but say destro had all 3, burst, best sustained DPS, and raid utility. Why would you go any other spec? If you give all the best to one spec, you can't be surprised when players feel forced into that spec.
    and you are fine with forcing everybody int aff? somethings does not add up in your reasoning sir!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SensenmanN View Post

sorry but no way in hell is this reasonable or logical.

Obviously you rolled lock either in wotlk or tbc as no old lock would post something like this

Quote Originally Posted by frester View Post
    and you are fine with forcing everybody int aff? somethings does not add up in your reasoning sir!
    I agree. It's like Priests needed to be Shadow in order to DPS, except our other options aren't as useful as Healing.

We are pure dps. I see no reason why we should only have one tree that can deal damage. That's not right.

Am I the only one thats noticed that as Affliction theres talents we're forced to take which will serve little to no use in PvE and with that said, wasnt that exactly what they were trying to avoid?

Imp Life Tap and Imp Drain Soul, sure I can look the other way for that but being forced to take Imp Fear and CoE just so we can work our way down the tree? Doesnt that strike as odd to anyone else? I am fully aware its beta and things will change but how can this kind of thing go unnoticed and pass under Blizzards eye's so easily..

[EDIT]: And that said, wasn't something said about Affliction no longer going to be using Sbolt/Sbolt no longer going to be considered Destro or am I imagining that?
    Last edited by Whispah; 2010-07-14 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whispah View Post
    Am I the only one thats noticed that as Affliction theres talents we're forced to take which will serve little to no use in PvE and with that said, wasnt that exactly what they were trying to avoid?

Imp Life Tap and Imp Drain Soul, sure I can look the other way for that but being forced to take Imp Fear and CoE just so we can work our way down the tree? Doesnt that strike as odd to anyone else? I am fully aware its beta and things will change but how can this kind of thing go unnoticed and pass under Blizzards eye's so easily..

[EDIT]: And that said, wasn't something said about Affliction no longer going to be using Sbolt/Sbolt no longer going to be considered Destro or am I imagining that?
    No, exactly my thoughts.

CoEx, Siphon life and Imp. fear is needed as fillers just to get to tiers below and after taking Bane and Imp. SB i'm left with 3 points I can only put in PvP like talents.

In my mind this surely doesn't fit blizzards intentions about more choices, as I see it there's only 1 aff pve spec and even that has 7 points in PvP.
    Last edited by Czas; 2010-07-14 at 08:56 AM. Reason: typo

I actually hadn't noticed the change to SL to be honest.

Like I said, I'm very aware its beta and things will change but I dont understand how anyone with half a brain can handball these off and thing its acceptable for first pass.
    Last edited by Whispah; 2010-07-14 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Brainfart

@Whispah and Czas

guys those are your free choice talents you can do whatever you want with them, that's exactly what blizz wants, do you expect to have 31dmg increasing talents? if this was the case you would have no choice at all as you would be forced to pick up all of them. pls think!

Yeah the talents are pretty lackluster atm, but I figure this is no where (I hope) the finalize version of the talent tree.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by frester View Post
    @Whispah and Czas

guys those are your free choice talents you can do whatever you want with them, that's exactly what blizz wants, do you expect to have 31dmg increasing talents? if this was the case you would have no choice at all as you would be forced to pick up all of them. pls think!
    Tho I know this is a beta and trees arent finished yet, the problem is: there is no choice... :P As affliction you're forced to pick up pvp'esque talents like imp. fear to progress in the tree and get the decent talents @ the bottom of the tree.

As I said, I know they're not finished but would've been nice if they atleast tried to put something interesting @ affliction tree :P Can't really give feedback other than: 'Ye, thanks for the new talent trees that have nothing new... better luck next build'
    Last edited by mmocb7a67001d2; 2010-07-14 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilTree View Post
    Yeah the talents are pretty lackluster atm, but I figure this is no where (I hope) the finalize version of the talent tree.
    please explain which ones of them are lackluster? and why?

I just thought with blizzards comments that my choices would be more like it is now only even more choices.

Atm i have the choice to take destructive reach, intensity, Imp. HS, Fel Synergy, Fel Concentration, cataclysm along side obvious PvP talents. This seems all gone now, all I can choose is obvious PvP talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Serendipity View Post
    Tho I know this is a beta and trees arent finished yet, the problem is: there is no choice... :P As affliction you're forced to pick up pvp'esque talents like imp. fear to progress in the tree and get the decent talents @ the bottom of the tree.

As I said, I know they're not finished but would've been nice if they atleast tried to put something interesting @ affliction tree :P Can't really give feedback other than: 'Ye, thanks for the new talent trees that have nothing new... better luck next build'
    that is obviously not ideal and they will probably add some talents to aff tree as there is not to many of them, i think there was even a blue post that stated that some clases didn't get much love yet and lock were included so, but the problem is that ppl bitch about talents only because the need to pick up 1pt in imp fear, omg terrible idd

10+ Year Old Account
    Sigh, why are people always whining about something? I almoste jumped out of my chair when I saw the new talents for demo / destro, yet some people can only see that aff didn't get any changes.

There is a reason for that, aff was / is fine as it is, it just needs some minor changes.
    Forget everything you know about everything.