Question Frozen Power in Newest Build

Anyone know where it went? We are left with no way to stop ranged again, but maybe I am jsut blind

Myrddin,Stormforged, EU-Ravencrest
    Website: mmo-game.eu,YouTube: myrddinde, Twitter: @MyrddinDE

10+ Year Old Account
    I knew someone else would notice.
    Our only gap closer is gone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by myrddinde View Post
    Anyone know where it went? We are left with no way to stop ranged again, but maybe I am jsut blind

Ghostwolf considering how ranged lost their snares besides mage apparently

My guess is that since we get inc run speed and ghost wolf, they took out frozen power. It's a shame cause that root was very handy. IMO they should remove totemic vigor (since it's useless) and put frozen power back in its place.

well ghost wolf doesn't help at all if you are rooted

Myrddin,Stormforged, EU-Ravencrest
    Website: mmo-game.eu,YouTube: myrddinde, Twitter: @MyrddinDE

I imagine them rolling it into what Unleashed Weapon FB. It already looks pretty identical to it. a few tweaks which say, a glyph could make UW the new Frozen power.

I've got mixed feelings here.

Optimistic feelings: It's only the first draft. Things will still change.

Pessimistic feelings: No frozen power root and dmg buff, no double dmg on spell crits, horrendous mana regeneration in pvp. This has me worried.

and on top of the fact that the root is gone...the other part of frozen power that actually made frostband "decent" is gone too, and still no buff for it in elemental weapons (im guessing that wont ever happen). so i guess frostband got shafted.
    but like its been said, lest hope some changes come..

Quote Originally Posted by Redshirtdude View Post
    I've got mixed feelings here.

Optimistic feelings: It's only the first draft. Things will still change.

Pessimistic feelings: No frozen power root and dmg buff, no double dmg on spell crits, horrendous mana regeneration in pvp. This has me worried.
    i think blizzard wants enh to be more of a melee again.
    they raised lava lash and stormstrike damage, made static shock not conmsuming ls orbs, switched 20sec magma with 60sec searing and made fire nova not usable with searing totem.

inclusing fire elemental, 4 spells we currently use wont be used frrequently in cata.
    magma totem, fire elemental and fire nova for aoe only and static shock refreshing every 10 minutes.

they gave us unleash weapon and msw5x lvb, not really melee spells, but more melee than those above.

in pvp, my guess is that enh dmg is nicely buffed (in terms of burstyness). my one worry there is frostshock, as it wont profit from mastery...

anyone know wether or not lava lash profits from unleash weapon: flametognues 20% fire dmg increase?
    Last edited by Omanley; 2010-07-15 at 11:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    Ghostwolf considering how ranged lost their snares besides mage apparently
    Which ranged lost their snares? If anything ranged GAINED snares, look at boomkins >_<
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Its an shame Frozen powers is gone its was our only root in pvp,
    But if been watching the new trees and Ele got 19 talents and enhance only 18 so give me pls back my frozen powers

They are trying to remove snares/roots and talents that help resist snares/roots. Because we got inc run speed and ubercool ghost wolf, plus EB snare breaker I guess they felt they should remove the root.

I like the idea of making Unleash Weapon for Frostbrand apply a root on a snared target. Another idea would be to put frozen power back and remove Totemic Vigor....Totem HP is not important for any totem other then tremor at this point, and we can prob live with that.