Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    And I can't tell Blizzard how much the new trees suck due to the fact that it's the beta? If the trees didn't represent the final product at least a little I don't think they would post them.
    The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games.
    - Robert A. Kotick, CEO and President of Activsion Blizzard 2008-2023

This is silly, you've all just proven my point, instead of telling people
    like me we're stupid you should put your efforts elsewhere. Instead of
    flicking me off in this thread you should be constructive in a thread that
    could actually be an intelligent discussion.

Thank you good sirs (and I only write sir/s because it's a quote dumbass)
    More breaking news after this...

Quote Originally Posted by feroid View Post
    And I can't tell Blizzard how much the new trees suck due to the fact that it's the beta? If the trees didn't represent the final product at least a little I don't think they would post them.
    and judging by your signature, you're not out looking for things to criticize at all.... noooo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes they do reflect the final product, however there is a right way, and a wrong way to tell Blizzard how they "suck". The constructive way and the nonconstructive way. If you're constructive, the trees will improve faster, and maybe even turn out better than otherwise. Being nonconstructive just locks the trees where they are until someone is smart enough to analyze the trees and tell blizzard exactly what they think is wrong with it.
    Last edited by Malthurius; 2010-07-14 at 08:47 AM.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Quote Originally Posted by BenMorte View Post

good , now delete your acc on mmo champ and never ever return

10+ Year Old Account

Then what does that make you? The one that made us waste our valuable efforts and time. It makes you worse than us. You have been beaten by your own point.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Instead of
    …….……….……./´¯/)
    …….…………..,/¯../
    …….…………./…./
    …………./´¯/’…’/´¯`¸
    ………./’/…/…./.…./¨\
    ……..(‘(…´…´…. ~/’’)
    ………\……………..’.../
    ……….”…\…….. _.·´
    …………\…………..(
    …………..\………….\…
    Last edited by z932074; 2010-07-14 at 08:52 AM.

ENOUGH already, we know it's just BETA, that doesn't mean we don't need
    to vent our steaming emotions and our justified nerdrage against blizzard
    for coming out with such crap.
    See thats the thing you obviously dont understand. They havent come out with anything for cataclysm, its still in testing. They havent released ANYTHING. As long as its in beta, nothing at all has been released. So to complain about it and nerdrage about it, is stupid. To say "hey thats not a good idea" is perfectly fine.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

PSSSSSSSSt?
    Quote Originally Posted by eErike View Post
    Look at your comment, now back to mine. Now back at your comment now back to mine. Sadly it isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through comments, writing the comment your could look like. What did you post? Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, the reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    What are the new talent trees? I'll tell. All 5points reduced to 3, most aren't even updated to accomodate that change.
    Talents deemed unnecessary to have their own talent slot are gone.
    Some early new talents added.
    THAT'S IT!

It's the first fucking beta build, the very first startingblock to make the new 31 point talents balanced and in line with Blizzards projected goals with it.
    I know, go to a fucking corner and cry for a month and come back and watch the updated trees?
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2010-07-14 at 08:53 AM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

You sir are as stupid as one could get. I wish you a pleasant day of pointless trolling. May the dumbfuckness be with you.
    "Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth." -Mike Tyson

Well, thank you good miss for this informative post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sucks to be you, I guess. I like the idea of the new talent trees. The numbers are still going to change and stuff. I really can't see the problem of the new 41-point talent-system.

Quote Originally Posted by VonGimli View Post
    To say "hey thats not a good idea" is perfectly fine.

And it's kinda the point of testing.

Oh, this is rich.

And I'm going to feel like a broken record here, but...

Would you stop your mechanic while he is only half-finished repairing your car, and expecting it to run perfectly?

I didn't think so.

And if answered 'yes' to that question... Then, well, I'll leave it polite and not continue the conversation.

In any case, Blizzard has stated that this is the first iteration of the new talent system. Just because they released it to the beta unfinished doesn't mean it'll completely reflect the final product. Just look at the Warrior trees thus far... There's enough choice within the trees to have a few different playstyles, and hopefully Blizzard tweaks the numbers so that all of them are fairly competitive.

If they can do that, then I think they would have done a good job.

Now, evidently, a lot of the trees aren't as complete as others. They will undoubtedly change over time, and I'm pretty sure even the current form of some of the better-done trees will change.

lol @ "could be an intelligent conversation" riiiight.

It's beta, so this is the BEST time to talk about the things that need to be improved, as the devs are listening right now more than ever!

The op is nerdraging too much, but he has a point though. Saying "it's just beta" is the most idiotic thing someone can say. Even a blue said that those comments are not helping at all and they would rather see people complain/criticize.

This "wait-and-see" behaviour is dangerous, no matter what the topic is.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    What are the new talent trees? I'll tell. All 5points reduced to 3, most aren't even updated to accomodate that change.
    Talents deemed unnecessary to have their own talent slot are gone.
    Some early new talents added.
    THAT'S IT!

It's the first fucking beta build, the very first startingblock to make the new 31 point talents balanced and in line with Blizzards projected goals with it.
    I know, go to a fucking corner and cry for a month and come back and watch the updated trees?
    If that's directed towards me then not ONCE did I actually hate on something, I merely stated an oppinion, may it have been a little vaguly written but lay down your baseboll bats and do something constructive!
    More breaking news after this...

Quote Originally Posted by Cjeska View Post
    The op is nerdraging too much, but he has a point though. Saying "it's just beta" is the most idiotic thing someone can say. Even a blue said that those comments are not helping at all and they would rather see people complain/criticize.

This "wait-and-see" behaviour is dangerous, no matter what the topic is.
    I 100% agree... when referring to the beta testers themselves. Also when referring to those who provide useful, bullet-pointed criticisms to the *correct* forum, appropriately.

However, the beta testers have every right to tell then non-beta-testing nerdragers that it is indeed a beta, that things will be changing, and that if you're not testing it, to kindly stfu and be about your business.

I'm not a beta tester, so I am just waiting to see what changes will be made *due to constructive criticism from the testing community.* I'm not going to nerdrage like a 5 year old girl who just had her doll stolen. Like OP.

/endrant

Beta is beta. Cry more.