Thread: WTF Earthquake?

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    We're not complaining that we're getting a ranged AoE. We're simply complaining about that ranged AoE being our new 31-point talent. I much rather enjoy magma/nova and CL AoE. It's just lack of imagination on Blizz's part to give us something relatively useful.

First, stop speaking for other shaman's, not everyone hates Earthquake.

Now actually think about the spell. There may not be many times in pvp to use it, but it can shine it pve. For example the bloodworms on the VDW fight, they can gib a tank pretty quickly, but with earhquake you can knock them down, potentially lowering the damage the tank takes. This isn't just an aoe ability, it can be used defensively in pve as well.

Yeh your 31 talent atleast does dmg my dispersion if like a big purple ball of jizz

C.M.S, My favorite thing to start the morning with.

Quote Originally Posted by Soranis View Post
    Yeh your 31 talent atleast does dmg my dispersion if like a big purple ball of jizz
    lol
    poopie

Meh, only use I can see this in is in large groups of people during rated AB. other then that, if it is usable with spiritwalker, it won't be that bad if they can fix the damage.

Deleted
    Not to mention raiders fighting single target bosses, doesn't it seem kind of weird that we would never use our 31 point talent during an entire boss fight.
    shadowpriest says hi

---------- Post added 2010-07-14 at 11:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pearroc View Post
    Elemental shamans have been asking for a targetable ranged aoe since like... Naxx?

Shaman: Yo blizz I need an aoe, can we get somthing like earthquake, that spell was cool!
    Blizz: ...Silence...
    Shaman: Still missing my aoe
    blizz: ...Silence...
    Shaman: So we can use magma totem and such, but that sucks give me ranged!
    Blizzard: Sure, in cata you will have earthquake!
    Shaman: WTF EARTHQUAKE
    this x1000

Quote Originally Posted by Hellemental View Post
    Well that is true, but consider Blizzard. It's a similar spell, but it isn't channelled and I've rarely seen one use it other than on trash and occasionally in pvp. And it's not a 31 point talent either.
    Blizzard isn't channeled? I've been doing it wrong this whole time! Unless of course I am misreading your post.
    Signature goes here.

And, I'm relatively certain that there will be boss fights where the boss...oh I dunno....summons large packs of adds or something.
    On rare occasion. aka extremely situational.[COLOR="red"]
    Last edited by Northy; 2010-07-14 at 11:28 AM.

I definitely don't think the talent trees are ready yet. Many classes have bad trees, where you have to take multiple talents (in some cases 6 or more). As for Earthquake, the wording on it most likely isn't the proper spell. Blizzard had earthquake listed before, and it was a 1.5sec cast that you targetted on an area, and then the spell did damage for the next 10 seconds. What i'm really worried about is the fact that the spell does physical damage. How will this damage scale with our spellpower/int?

On rare occasion. aka extremely situational.
    and the mobs will be immune to knockdowns/stuns

[QUOTE] Blizzard had earthquake listed before, and it was a 1.5sec cast that you targetted on an area, and then the spell did damage for the next 10 seconds. [QUOTE]

Now THAT is a useful spell.

just a thought. you might consider that its not intended for pvp and its made so that shamans dont have to run in to set a totem to do aoe

Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    Show me where anyone in this thread said that running in to pop a fire totem is hard.

It's not hard, it's annoying.

Hard ≠ Annoying.

Have you seen Throne of the Tides video ? AoE trash pack that happens to use Frontal AoE attack that really hurts ? Lag or bad timing in running in to pop a totem and you're dead.
    by that logic melee should have ranged aoe

Blizzard, Rain of Fire, Hellfire, Mind Seer ... all channeled AoE spells. WTF is your problem again?

Quote Originally Posted by Vasz View Post
    Blizzard, Rain of Fire, Hellfire, Mind Seer ... all channeled AoE spells. WTF is your problem again?
    Because it's our 31-point talent...none of those are.

None of them are 31 point talents I guess :-)

Earthquake is a channeled AOE mainly for PVE not PVP. It's so elemental can afk while they aoe like the rest of the casters. Plus it has knockdown to interrupt any special mobs that have to be focused. I don't know why you are so focused on it being used in PvP. Thunderstorm is the PvP aoe with it's knockback. Or Chain Lightning. Like you said, channeled spells leave you wide open for interrupts...no one uses them in pvp, cept locks while you are feared or something. We'll have plenty of other tools in PvP, like more lava bursts, overload procs, ect.

Because it's our 31-point talent...none of those are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cjeska View Post
    None of them are 31 point talents I guess :-)
    Yeah but when Paladins got Divine Storm they didn't complain about it.

Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    Show me where anyone in this thread said that running in to pop a fire totem is hard.

It's not hard, it's annoying.

Hard ≠ Annoying.

Have you seen Throne of the Tides video ? AoE trash pack that happens to use Frontal AoE attack that really hurts ? Lag or bad timing in running in to pop a totem and you're dead.
    I never stated that people said it was hard in this thread.

Further more, we will get a load of stamina on all the gear in Cata, and i dont think blizzard will ever make trash that melee will get instagibbed on if they run in. If you use your head you wont die from a frontal AoE, especially if you do not run in front of them..
    Synit 110 - Orc Elemental Shaman [Active]

omg gais, I got it. Their 31 point talent can be totem launcher! So they can like, launch totems... and stuff.

Yeah but when Paladins got Divine Storm they didn't complain about it.
    Oh hell they did!