Poll: Do you use lightwell?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Lightwell (with poll)

Hey all

Seeing as Blizzard decided, not only to keep lightwell unchanged, but force us to get it if we want to spec for chakra, I decided to make a poll to see how much the spell actually gets used.

Personally i've never used lightwell, i've never seen it used and i've never heard of anyone using it - with the mechanics it has now it's a wasted talent point.
    Last edited by Themegatron; 2010-07-14 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Spelling

Deleted
    Beta still is beta sir! They may have Ideas for it pumping on paper, same with Ret pala 31p talent

The best talent point if you pretend to play battlegrounds in holy. For PvE is an unnecessary self use spell with really situational utiliy for the rest of players. Probably Lightwell will be more popular if we return to old healing situation. Right now is a good PvP survival spell, that's all.

Beta still is beta sir! They may have Ideas for it pumping on paper, same with Ret pala 31p talent
    Of course, and I fully acknowledge that, but seeing as they in this build haven't changed anything about it, and actually haven't done anything to it since it was implemented - and even have gone as far as to say that Priests talents are pretty far in development - I think it's relevant to look into its usage

Deleted
    Lightwell is actually a very efficient spell. Lots of healing for very little mana/talents.

Now efficiency rarely matters and the clumsy mechanics of Lightwell don't really help.

While I like the idea of the ability, I think its mechanic needs to change. It could f.e. radiate healing automatically or increase the healing received in that area by 20%. If it remains an "on use" ability, it should heal the users full and not just for a low % of their total health.

Lightwell just needs to be a little overpowered for its clumsy mechanics to pay of.

Deleted
    If mana is as much of a problem in Cata as Blizz say, Lightwell will become pretty useful tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    Lightwell is actually a very efficient spell. Lots of healing for very little mana/talents.

Now efficiency rarely matters and the clumsy mechanics of Lightwell don't really help.

While I like the idea of the ability, I think its mechanic needs to change. It could f.e. radiate healing automatically or increase the healing received in that area by 20%. If it remains an "on use" ability, it should heal the users full and not just for a low % of their total health.

Lightwell just needs to be a little overpowered for its clumsy mechanics to pay of.
    I couldn't agree more. Something like the lightwell the priests use in ToC is something I often hear people wanting

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoros View Post
    The best talent point if you pretend to play battlegrounds in holy. For PvE is an unnecessary self use spell with really situational utiliy for the rest of players. Probably Lightwell will be more popular if we return to old healing situation. Right now is a good PvP survival spell, that's all.
    Cant it still be targeted and killed?

Either way, it desperately needs a change but i doubt theyre going to change it to act like a totem/ the ToC Lightwell. I recall a blue post a while back saying they think Holy Priests are too lazy as is.
    Last edited by -Ethos-; 2010-07-14 at 11:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lightwell is a stupid spell tbh. These days dps won't break their rotations to run to the lightwell and pick up a small heal. They won't, and they shouldn't.

That being said, chakra is ridiculously weak. Wow 2% extra healing on renew, wow 0.1 sec less gcd. That stuff will really save the day. NOT. For being so high up in the tree, those numbers need to be at least five times what they are now. And even then it'd be underpowered if you ask me.

Although there is always the "it's too soon to tell" argument, I strongly believe that lightwell will be there to bug us until the end of wow. Blizzard has shown unbending love towards this talent/spell for so many expansions so far and the talent keeps always appearing in the holy tree. It remains to be seen if it will be mandatory for chackra, but I'm almost sure it will be there in the end. I have a feeling it was an idea of some high ranking person / decision maker in the design team (or even above!) and they just can't take it out. I mean, it shouldn't be so hard to see how many persons have taken this spell over the past years. I personally took it once or twice in vanilla and never bothered since. So my feelings towards it is "DIE LIGHTWELL DIE!"
    Last edited by kelevandros; 2010-07-14 at 11:19 AM.

I'm a Rogue, I love Lightwell on hardmodes with heavy aoe like Sindragosa.

Some people do not understand the meaning behind "beta" it seems. It's Closed Beta, meaning they'll try stuff, balance it, tweak it and implement it. I'd say keep your eyes off talents until we're getting closer to the open beta or the actual release.

Also, I wouldn't mind getting the Lightwell the ToC-priests use.

Quote Originally Posted by phyrix View Post
    Lightwell is a stupid spell tbh. These days dps won't break their rotations to run to the lightwell and pick up a small heal. They won't, and they shouldn't.
    In the current healing situation, health bars go too fast to be a DPS matter. During Burning Crusade players used Lightwell more often, too few to make Lightwell a good PvE talent point, but enough to keep some hope for the spell in Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by phyrix View Post
    That being said, chakra is ridiculously weak. Wow 2% extra healing on renew, wow 0.1 sec less gcd. That stuff will really save the day. NOT. For being so high up in the tree, those numbers need to be at least five times what they are now. And even then it'd be underpowered if you ask me.
    I'm agree that Chakra is really weak, it could be the worst priest talent but Choir Leader wins. For some reason numbers are not adjusted to the amount of talent points. Chakra requieres lot of work, right now is unplayable and absolutly against priest gameplay. Blizzard should return to old ideas like Mark of Divinity, but if they are stubborn enough to continue with Lightwell after 4 years, I'm sure that we'll have to suffer Chakra stupidity for the entire expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should make it like the lightwells in Totc that the mob packs use on the 2nd boss that throw heals onto the mobs. For now however, I don't think one little click is too much to ask for what is, mana-wise, a veri efficient heal.
    "What can be asserted without proof, can be dismissed without proof."

The one thing that bothers me when these posts crop up is that 3/4 people repeatedly post that it should be come like the ones in ToC. Blizzard has already explicitely stated that they're NOT GOING TO DO IT.

Indeed, a bad idea doesn't get any better just because you repeat it over and over.

oh my. ... another of these panic threads... you better take beta serious and quit the game now... and not return for cataclysm

Quote Originally Posted by Haibara View Post
    I'm a Rogue, I love Lightwell on hardmodes with heavy aoe like Sindragosa.
    This is a perfect example of a use for Lightwell. Obviously its not meant to be used on certain fights where its your burning the boss 100% of the time, it can be useful on the air phase of Sindragosa, and another example is the dance in Naxxramas. Lightwell I think was meant by Blizzard to be a chance for the DPS to save themselves when the healers are bogged down, not something where the DPS are camping out and spamming it the entire fight like some people make it out to be.

Used to use it somewhat when levelling the moment i hit 50 it went bai bai. I don't like the idea of having to get it in order to get Chakra but i'm hoping blizz will change a lot of the old talents before release (hell in the next beta build tbh). So far the changes on the trees are minimal apart from the shrinking and it's just the first step. So hopes up :< (oh and voted for the obvious "die lightwell die" option in case you're wondering).
    Quote Originally Posted by eErike View Post
    Look at your comment, now back to mine. Now back at your comment now back to mine. Sadly it isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through comments, writing the comment your could look like. What did you post? Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, the reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Lightwell has changed a lot since it was introduced with priest patch (1.10)

http://www.wowprovider.com/?talent=11005195_5

Positive changes:

-3 sec cast time -> now 0'5 sec.
    -5 charges -> now 10.
    -10 minutes cooldown -> now 3
    -Healing interrupted by damage -> the player has to receive a really huge amount of damage to lose it.
    -Healing not affected by spellpower -> 100% of spellpower and now is healing for an outstanding amount.
    -Healing over 10 sec -> Now 6 sec.
    -It interrupted spell casts -> Now we can use it while casting, and even while stuned or mounted.

Negative changes:

-Remained upon death -> now is disappearing when Spirit of Redemption ends.
    -Players didn't lose their target -> Players are currently losing their target.
    -It was undestroyable -> Now enemy players can destroy it.