Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    i don't think that's the case, because as of now, mages have 3 legitimate 31 point raiding specs which have variations in the sub trees for flavor. it's more IN LINE with what they want, and i feel strongly that after some love and work on the beta, the trees will hit live fully functional and better than shit we've had these past few years.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Well if they make this change everything will be vanilla cause everyone will have the same spec. THis is a bad call by blizzard
    People are using the same specs now as well.

Fojos, only because in order to get a Best 'insert role here' Spec, you have (@ live) to pretty must use all your talent points.
    In Cataclysm, you will be able to get ALL talents you need, and the wants you like/want.

In this latest build, there are little options. If this is the 'base' or 'design' they intend to pass onto players, I will not like it one bit. Pretty much all talent builds will be the same, because 'fun' talents only buff one spell, minorly, there's only a handful of them, and Talent trees are very small.

I would prefer trees with a bigger size, like the ones @ live, with 20 or so 'must have' talents, and where you could put the rest whenever you wanted, on the fun ones.
    As always, apparently the one thing you can do in a duel that isn't cheating... is lose.

Improved Scorch granting +20% crit seems quite alot to me, between that and glyph of scorch (+20% damage) maybe scorch will be viable...
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Well if they make this change everything will be vanilla cause everyone will have the same spec. THis is a bad call by blizzard
    In vanilla everyone had completely different specs, as there were more points aviable, and the tress werent so deep as they are now on live, that once you started speccing down one you had to keep filling it. I was in a raid with 5 mages and not one had the same spec. Loads of different specs, like 10/10/21

Now in beta, there is no choice whatsoever

Deleted
    The 41 points quoted is for level 80 right?

So with the first point gained after that giving potential access to Icy Veins again in an arcane spec, has anyone considered whether that haste boost is going to be worth spec'ing for?

If Cataclysm rolls like WotLK did we will have a month or less at 41pts before we get access to more.

Or am I wrong about 41 pts at 80/no talent pts gained 81-85?

Frost pve:

http://www.wowtal.com/#k=15Ob_60TC.9mn.mage

Since icelance is a spell you are gona use into your rotation i prefer glyph of icelance over molten armor cuz ye... 2% + crit is not quite my taste to full that in I choose arcane potency cuz that is in my opinion for now as it looks way better then molten armor cuz

---------- Post added 2010-07-16 at 11:16 AM ----------

It looks awsomm

Quote Originally Posted by starkilleralfa View Post
    Frost pve:

http://www.wowtal.com/#k=15Ob_60TC.9mn.mage

Since icelance is a spell you are gona use into your rotation i prefer glyph of icelance over molten armor cuz ye... 2% + crit is not quite my taste to full that in I choose arcane potency cuz that is in my opinion for now as it looks way better then molten armor cuz

---------- Post added 2010-07-16 at 11:16 AM ----------

It looks awsomm
    As it looks now, Molten Armor will not be available to frost spec anyways.
    IMO we should wait a bit with discussing glyphs though until we get to see all new ones. : )

Pure, Alliance Turalyon EU 8/8 25 HC

Quote Originally Posted by Snakebonzai! View Post
    As it looks now, Molten Armor will not be available to frost spec anyways.
    On http://wowcataclysmnews.com/images/trees/mage.jpg it states "learned early" by molten armor, so I think frost and arcane will also get it, just later.
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

Quote Originally Posted by Milamber View Post
    On http://wowcataclysmnews.com/images/trees/mage.jpg it states "learned early" by molten armor, so I think frost and arcane will also get it, just later.
    I believe it has been stated that you only get the early learning of Molten Armor if fire is your main tree. :P

Pure, Alliance Turalyon EU 8/8 25 HC

Reading compreension ftw... that's what he said
    As always, apparently the one thing you can do in a duel that isn't cheating... is lose.