Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    hunters cant duelweeld anymore? only weapon options are staffs and polearms now?

Quote Originally Posted by Pnad View Post
    DW 1h warriors are some bad ass shit yo.
    As fury, yeah and it's coming back but as prot or arms? not really. Even today, Prot use 1h/Shield all day long and Arms use 2h all day long. Only like 1% of the player base dual wield 1handers as prot or arms for a 30min max of fun once every 2 years and then you get bored because it's weak as shit or you have people that want to RP using dual wield which is the only real argument against the change to dual wield imo, but those 2 are very small issues that I think Blizzard prefer to sacrifice in order to make the game better.
    Warrax, Fury Warrior
    Silika, BM Hunter

- get dualspec
    - spec into Fury as offspec
    - go into town
    - equip weapons of choice
    - ???
    - prance

Expertise is pretty much useless for arms warr + agi ring is in fact better than str.

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenFlames View Post
    hunters cant duelweeld anymore? only weapon options are staffs and polearms now?
    And 2h Axes too. It would make more sense, as those low speed sticks would dis encourage lowbies from hunter malee fail attempts Also - wouldn't it be nice to have polearms and staffs especially for your class, and avoid fighting over 1h with rogues and ench shammies? It would sure make us malee feel better when you have your ranged hands out of our melee weapons pie :]

Quote Originally Posted by Cjeska View Post
    Sure, just pretend that classic and bc never existed and titans grip was originally a lvl 60 ability.
    Calling me "kid" and telling others they are girls if the dual wield 1handers or play as be or worgen makes you look very immature to say the least.
    Besides, if I were you, wouldn't act so pro if
    * it took me over half a year and a 25% buff to down Lichking on normal
    * I was wearing hunter pants
    * I only had 4 expertise and werent even hit capped for specials as arms
    * I took the agility ashen verdict ring as warrior

So 1st delete your sig and 2nd stop posting, thanks :-)
    Uhh, admittedly I haven't looked in too much detail into war DPS, since that's not what I use my war for, but isn't the agi rep ring better for them? I'm preeetty sure that's the case. Str stuff is pretty consistently poorly itemized (overinflated stam). I'm thinking you're revealing your own misinformation not his with that particular point.

Agi AV ring > Str
    I am hit capped.
    Expertise isn't a stat you really work towards as arms.
    The hunter pants are really nice.
    As for why I am over the ArP cap, my main spec is Prot. But since there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to tank any content at this point, I have decided to try my hand at DPS and PvP. And since I do both as arms, there is overlap in the gear that I use. Meaning that when I go to PvE, I do go slightly over the cap.

And saying that it took me a while to down the LK isn't a slight against me, so much as it was my guild. Believe it or not, I can't carry 24 other people and neither can you. Despite what you think, your guild would have downed LK without you being there. My guild got stuck on Sindragosa and then fell apart. I bought my LK kill. =]

And as for the enchant, it's for lulz. Plain and simple. I am not raiding extensively and I am not an arena player, so I bought the enchant that I thought looked best. I had mongoose on it until two days ago.

Sure, just pretend that classic and bc never existed and titans grip was originally a lvl 60 ability.
    Calling me "kid" and telling others they are girls if the dual wield 1handers or play as be or worgen makes you look very immature to say the least.
    * I only had 4 expertise

LOL owned. I wasnt gonna go there but since you already did.

Pole arm ... rly? that sure isnt very iconic of warriors, lol. and excutioner? Don't even try to justify that.

92% passive ArP + 2 arms specs = Battle stance = 10% ArP = 102% ArP ... oh w8 cant go past 100, good too see you have a 100% worthless enchant warrior master.

even at 99% passive ArP excutioneer is not a DPS increase over zerking. go sniff some more glue.
    ALL DAY SON ALLLLLLLLLLLLL DAY.

AGI gear is better than STR gear atm for Fury at least which is why we use the AGI rep ring. This will all change in Cata tho at last. Also, Executioner enchant is a dps increase over berserking if you're at 90-91.5% ARP as Fury.
    Warrax, Fury Warrior
    Silika, BM Hunter

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Back to the original question...
    If you read the talent it says "When you duel-wield" and the talent increase damage while you do so.
    So yeah, you can still DW 1h's if your not fury :].

Mystic! Spinebreaker EU

Quote Originally Posted by Postkrieg View Post
    Back to the original question...
    If you read the talent it says "When you duel-wield" and the talent increase damage while you do so.
    So yeah, you can still DW 1h's if your not fury :].
    Wrong. For speccing into a certain tree you get certain skills now that are purely for that tree. For instance, Arms gets MS and Prot get Shield Slam. One of the skills Fury gets is Dual Wield. Meaning, no way to get it for the other specs.

can't tell if serious.

To me personally being able to dual wield is a sort of 'iconic' warrior trait.

and rly letting arms and prot have the abiltie to still DW doesnt affect 'game balance' at all.

Allowing dual wielding wouldn't affect game balance immediately, but 2 months after release you ... yes you ... will be all over the forums again because you found that with T14 end game weapons and a weird gimmick gem/chant/spec you can do mediocre DPS while dual wielding 1H weapons as prot or something. You will cry and cry that blizzard hates you and your play style and wonder why DKs and rogues can DW and you can't. If they aren't going to design the game to allow prot or arms to be viable dual wield specs, why include it as even a possibility? Nip it in the bud and prevent future QQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Eletharin View Post
    Allowing dual wielding wouldn't affect game balance immediately, but 2 months after release you ... yes you ... will be all over the forums again because you found that with T14 end game weapons and a weird gimmick gem/chant/spec you can do mediocre DPS while dual wielding 1H weapons as prot or something. You will cry and cry that blizzard hates you and your play style and wonder why DKs and rogues can DW and you can't. If they aren't going to design the game to allow prot or arms to be viable dual wield specs, why include it as even a possibility? Nip it in the bud and prevent future QQ.
    no. closest thing was in BC you could DW devestate spam as prot and pull 2k dps on gorefiend post 3.0

but now you need a shield to devestate.

no gimmicky DW arms or prot build will out dps fury, ecpscially with fury 20% dmg increase w/1hr's

I appreciate you input though, I just don't agree. and furthmore if said theory were to be true, I would harldy QQ on forums becuase I don't pve and could care less about dmg metters.

So basically there is no danger in allowing arms or prot to equip 1hX2 like always, it is complete fail if you gonna raid/pvp like that. but like I said earlier who doesnt like running around stormwind with 2 15lbs mukfish (or w/e) equppied?!
    ALL DAY SON ALLLLLLLLLLLLL DAY.

does this mean that u get DW at 10??

Hmmmm...I hadn't thought about it before, but that is definitely interesting. It'll be a significant change, but not too detrimental I shouldn't think. I mean, think about it: respecs are still in the game, as are dual specs. It oughtn't be too hard to simply swap to fury if you're feeling that dual wielding urge (and if prices of respecs don't change with the dropped cash rate, damn cheap too), or if you wanna wear some neato weapons in town.

On the one hand, it's useful to new players, in preventing them from using weapons that don't match their talent path. On the other hand, that might be holding people's hands a bit much. On the other hand, I've known new WoW players that haven't played and they need all the help they can get. On the OTHER hand, do we really want to make it easier for those people to end up in our groups, doing our quests?

*ahem*...[/Tevye]
    Freakin' infraction points...how do they work?!

* I only had 4 expertise and werent even hit capped for specials as arms

Pretty sure the Agility Rep ring is better than the Strength one until you reach the crit cap when raid buffed(maybe even after the crit cap) and last I checked expertise, while useful, isn't as important for Arms as it is for Fury. It does smooth out the "rotation" but more dodges = more overpowers = arguably more damage. So 50% of your "points" are currently debatable and maybe you should stop acting so "pro" and learn your own class.

Quote Originally Posted by zaraki View Post
    does this mean that u get DW at 10??
    And yes it does, once you can put points into your talent tree's you can obtain dual wield.
    Last edited by Dedweight; 2010-07-24 at 05:15 AM.

Why the fuck would you want to even dual wield as Prot or Arms unless you're some RPer that can't pay enough money for dual spec? This is just about the most stupid thing you can complain about because if you're doing it right, YOU SHOULDN'T BE USING TWO ONE-HANDED WEAPONS IN THE OTHER SPECS ANYWAY.

---------- Post added 2010-07-24 at 05:11 AM ----------

but like I said earlier who doesnt like running around stormwind with 2 15lbs mukfish (or w/e) equppied?!
    That's why if you have dual spec you make one of your specs Fury. If you can't do that, get on your Rogue and do it. If you don't want to level a Rogue, shut up and realize that Blizzard isn't going to make dual wield passive just so you can put silly items in your hands and thus fulfill every damn whim of yours.

---------- Post added 2010-07-24 at 05:13 AM ----------

And maybe I'm missing something, but isn't Oathbinder BiS for an Arms warrior before heroic ICC?
    Last edited by Dominating; 2010-07-24 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight View Post
    And yes it does, once you can put points into your talent tree's you can obtain dual wield.
    awsome thanx

Frankly its because we have always been able to dual wield as a class and it makes sense for the whole class of a warrior. As has been said it wouldn't affect anything because its not in any way viable so why not leave it as a class ability. If I wanna run around in a dress in town with fish in each hand why should I all the sudden not be able to.

Also don't try and ridicule the arms warrior who is using fairly appropriate gear if you don't know what you are saying. Less expertise = more overpower for arms, as little sense as it makes, so if played correctly its a DPS increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    And it's funny to see some kid with with nearly 8 80's accusing someone of using RAF.
    Leveling in World of Warcraft has become a bad joke. I've got 6 80's with two toons in their high 60's/early 70's. To assume it took time or effort to level them without RAF would be assuming incorrectly. I've not once ever touched RAF.

The ONLY part of leveling that takes much time is 70-80. You can get from 1-58 within a few rainy weekends and outland flies by with the dungeon finder.

(Note, I only had 2 80's, one of them a DK, so that doesn't really count, before I stopped hardcore raiding and I haven't invested any more time into the game after quitting hardcore raiding either).

On topic though, if you want to RP, set up Fury as your offspec. Pretty simple. There's no reason to ever dual wield as Arms and as Prot you're THE iconic shield tank (The Paladin tries, but doesn't quite make it...). Stop trying to be a Dual Wield DK Tank and skipping out on ALL your survivability cooldowns (save maybe Last Stand?), your highest threat normal attack (shield slam), your interrupt without stance dancing (shield bash), spell reflect, I believe even Devastate requires you to be wielding a shield now too, not to mention the rage gained from blocking attacks, the fact that your mastery revolves around your shield, AND the bit of extra threat from Damage Shield.

All for what? Being able to Dual Wield while you Rend, Heroic Strike, and Thunderclap?
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.