Shadowpriests in cataclsym

The new spells such as shadoworbs and mindspike certainly look like fun, and I cant wait to try them out.

However when you look at the current beta talent tree, the future for shadowpriests in cataclsym certainly looks bleak so far.

Spirit buff: gone.
    Cure disease in shadowform: gone.
    VE : nerfed.
    Misery (3% hit): gone.
    Replenishement : provided by half the classes.
    5% crit to spells: nice but not mandatory.

When you know there is room for 2-3 casters max in a 10 man raid, and that there are buffs/debuffs such as bloodlust, magic damagen taken (13%) and spell power which are "must haves",
    you can pretty much forget about a spot in 10 man raids on challenging content.

Lets hope shadowpriests get some love "raid utility" wise before the release.

Who knows, maybe they'll get some love later. After all, SPriests are the game's only source of mind raep and tentacled monstrositi-

Wait...

Well, now the Flesh Beast makes sense.
    God damn those casuals and their utter refusal to ever complain as much as the so-called hardcores.

Not really that big of a loss. Spirit doesnt help caster dps anymore and from what ive seem they dont have mana issues. Pallies and druid dps specs are also losing their dispels so its a game mechanic thing, same with Misery. S-priest stop being the main replenish monkey awhile ago, that's what ret has been for. And how is 5% crit not a great thing? Cant say im a priest expert but the ones i group with begs for focus magic. Didnt know about the VE nerf, ill check to see how bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

BtP,NtC get used to it. (also a spriest)

The trees are wrong! The talents suck! I hate this game!

God these threads are dumb. It's one thing to debate and discuss potential changes for fun, but it's such useless energy to be so negative about the unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by kaleina View Post
    btp,ntc get used to it. (also a spriest)
    please, oh please follow that mentallity into hardmode lk.
    Because i would truly love to see a kill without a holy paladin or demo lock.

Did they announce that shadowform was giving crit instead of haste? Maybe its just an error in the builds. No idea why we would get a crit buff when you can already get that from boomkin and eleshaman.

Vamp, the current talents are a reflection of what is currently on beta, not what is to come. We are getting 5% haste.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nican View Post
    1. Bring the player not the class means you should be taken to a raid because of your skill, not because of your buff/debuff. That's why its so easy to cover all major buffs nowadays.

-Spirit will be a stat only relevant to healers. There is no need for it to exist anymore as a DPS increase. I don't consider it a loss, but rather one less static buff to cover.
    -No more constant auto-cleansing will balance things out a little better. Not a big issue imo, especially not in PvE. PvP implications might be more severe however, depending on DKs.
    -Vampiric Embrace: The talent does the same as ever, it's just the improved version that has gone. I agree this is a shame since VE was already rather weak for group-healing.
    -Misery's Hit has been baked into the Shadow Specialization. Beyond that, the debuff was problematic at times. No loss since other "Hit debuffs have gone as well".
    -I still hope Replenishment is scrapped in Cataclysm. And even if it's not, there'd be no change to the current situation.
    -5% Crit or Haste is our new group-buff to replace Misery's utility. Not unique or exciting but all speccs and classes need these. No buff/debuff can remain unique.

Divine Hymn.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurikar View Post
    Divine Hymn.
    Breaks shadowform just like curing disease will.............

---------- Post added 2010-07-14 at 04:17 PM ----------

The one thing I will say about the currently released talent trees for shadow is that we will not have those builds that Blizzard has been saying that will say "and put those other points where ever you want for utlity" because the standard build will be 3/3 Imp Mind Blast OR Spirit Tap. We will not be able to get 3/3 Improved Inner Fire or any of the utility spells we might currently have (silence, psychic horror, or inner focus). I am very disappointed by the new talent trees for shadow.

---------- Post added 2010-07-14 at 04:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    Cant say im a priest expert but the ones i group with begs for focus magic.
    That's because we have nearly every spell that has a modified crit bonus dmg and provides more benefit to us than nearly all other classes. We get the bonus crit chance to our direct damage spells, mind flay, and dots while others (ie arcane mages) only get it from 1-2 spells.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually enjoying the new SPriest talents. One that has yet to proc for me is Shadow Apparition. Would be nice to actually see the animation/model for this.

Can find several videos of SA on Youtube. There are indications though that that graphic will be changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nican View Post

When you know there is room for 2-3 casters max in a 10 man raid, and that there are buffs/debuffs such as bloodlust, magic damagen taken (13%) and spell power which are "must haves",
    you can pretty much forget about a spot in 10 man raids on challenging content.

Lets hope shadowpriests get some love "raid utility" wise before the release.
    actually blizz is aiming to remove most raid utility, they want to give the "that player is good lets take him" instead of "well the shaman is crap but we need the BL"

Shadowpriests have a massive utility (being able to switch to heals) combine this with the "apparent lack" of a hybrid tax i think SPs will be in a good place in cataclysm espicailly with a lot more 10 man guilds.

EDIT#

btw i am and a lot of people are getting fuckin sick of these QQ threads my class will be shit in cataclsym FFS it is the beta and only the second build of it just relax a for a minute WE ARE NO WHERE NEAR GOING LIVE. Blizzard have had almost 6 years of practice balancing classes have some faith
    Last edited by tyden49; 2010-07-15 at 01:31 PM.

There is much to be done on the shadowpriest tree, at least I hope there is.

Almost all speccs so far has dps boosters in either of the two other trees (since maxing the main specc)
    and that is not the case with shadowpriests. I hope they will fix this.

I have seen 2 possible builds in the shadowtree, either you take the talents to buff mindspike (this build feels
    more trashmob- and dungeon friendly where mobs die fast) and then we have the one without improved mind spike
    which leaves you with alot of leftover talentpoints with nothing "good" to place them on in the disc tree.

I hope they change this and I'm looking forward to the next BETA build to see if they have
    More breaking news after this...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow View Post
    Beta
    max?

The magic damage debuff is being nerfed to 8% btw... and they're giving assassination rogues the debuff as well, which makes since, they're the nature damage rogues.