Unhappy Let us keep Improved Vampiric Embrace!

I'll just jump on the bandwagon and join my fellow shadow priests in the protest against this change.

For me Improved Vampiric Embrace is one of the most Iconic attributes of the Shadow tree, the capability to be a caster who can take a good beating and regenerate health through damage done is what made me choose to play and enjoy the shadow priest more than any other caster class hands down.

In PvP, imp. Vampiric Embrace is close to absolutely essential if you are going to survive any 1v1 brawl against a decent opponent, without this small but important healing buffer, we will become an easy target to wiggle down in a 1v1 scenario, and no, larger healthpools will only delay the inevitable as aside from Dispersion we are lacking in the defensive cooldown area.

I know that I could've just posted this in one of the other topics on the matter, but fact is this attracts more attention from the occasional blizzard gooneys that you can bet lurk around these forums too, gathering impressions and feedback on the changes from the community.

Let shadow priests keep Improved Vampiric Embrace Blizzard, it's a key attribute and iconic to the spec itself!
    Last edited by Calamari; 2010-07-14 at 04:41 PM.

This makes no sense to me. Improved VE is what made you choose to play and enjoy the shadowpriest? It's iconic to the spec?

Why not just argue that VE should be 25% of damage at baseline? You need VE to be improved to love your shadowpriest?

At any rate, the trees are not done and you have no idea exactly how stam and damage will scale to say that an extra 10% is going to make any difference.

Focus your energies elsewhere.

Calamari - Talent trees are MUCH smaller now, and you have less points to spend. Imp VE was taken out due to the belt tightening that happened to the talent trees. I would agree with Cruxxy that if you want VE to be improved, you should argue that the damage be baseline.

Otherwise, you will lose something else out of the talent tree to make room for a 2 point talent. And in the world of 31 point trees, 2 points takes up a lot more room than you may think. The talent trees are not complete, so don't think you won't be getting your IMP VE, even if it doesn't say "Improved"

I can see why they removed it, to be honest. Being able to completely ignore raid damage was a teeny bit overpowered...

Maybe they will just buff shadow priest damage so much that VE will heal more anyway :P

Agreed, Imp. Vampiric Embrace should be baseline, but not sacrificed altogether just for the sake of trimming down the tree by force. ^^

And yes Addictions, Vampiric Embrace IS in my oppinion iconic to the shadow priest class. Just admit it, you love watching the green sparklies.

They might just make VE heal for more alltogether. The talents in the new trees are not updated for their new fewer ranks (see the holy tree chakra with 3 points only makes no sense)so just wait a bit and see how things go

"Let shadow priests keep Improved Vampiric Embrace Blizzard, it's a key attribute and iconic to the spec itself!"

What? key attribute and iconic to the spec? 66% increasd healing into VE?

I don't believe it will appear again, simply because this is a free party heal, no other class can bring it, and in Cataclysm design, where healing will be more important and rare, it would make spriests pretty much required to any raid.

That's bad.

---------- Post added 2010-07-15 at 03:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
    And yes Addictions, Vampiric Embrace IS in my oppinion iconic to the shadow priest class. Just admit it, you love watching the green sparklies.
    That is two different things.
    Vampiric Embrace IS iconic, not Improved VE.
    And THAT's what you're asking.
    Last edited by flame; 2010-07-15 at 02:32 PM.
    As always, apparently the one thing you can do in a duel that isn't cheating... is lose.