Buttonfacade, color overlay help

Hello, in a recent picture of a UI i found, i found someone change their icon color to what seems to be an overlay.

ersguteryves.net/SS/idle.jpg
    ersguteryves.net/SS/raid.jpg

If you look at her buttons they seem to be blues. Anyone know how that might be?

Thanks again.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Iirc, (s)he actually changed all the icons in the game to be blue, there is not "some overlay", though I'm sure it could be done like that (maybe).

Quote Originally Posted by Kayling View Post
    Iirc, (s)he actually changed all the icons in the game to be blue, there is not "some overlay", though I'm sure it could be done like that (maybe).

So what you are saying is that she made macros and used similar icons just with a different color to them?
    I'm not exactly clear on what you mean.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    More like actually edited the icons in the game files I think, I'll see if I can find the original post.

While that is the usual approach, it has in some cases been possible to replace certain in-game textures or borders by creating a folder structure equivalent to the path in the archives.
    That approach has seemingly worked with tooltip borders, and with such things as nameplates.
    I am having a bit of a play around and attempting to do that with spell icons, so if that works, then it will avoid the need for the editing.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    While that is the usual approach, it has in some cases been possible to replace certain in-game textures or borders by creating a folder structure equivalent to the path in the archives.
    That approach has seemingly worked with tooltip borders, and with such things as nameplates.
    I am having a bit of a play around and attempting to do that with spell icons, so if that works, then it will avoid the need for the editing.
    Do you mind sharing your results with us after you finished it? I would love to know how to do this ><

Managed with some fiddling to create a green coloured .tga of the dreadsteed icon, but despite recreating the naming as far as I can tell, it did not translate to the one in game.
    Maybe because it has to be blp format, but I was unable to sucessfully recolour it directly in .blp without affecting the border.
    Not being familliar with image manipulation, then tbh it is not worth the hassle for me at least.