LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelger View Post
    That rumor was spread by someone who created several fake "spoilers."

I would treat it as fake.
    But the Eternal Flame and Shadow Flame was datamined. SO its a possibility

Quote Originally Posted by Gawdzilla View Post
    But the Eternal Flame and Shadow Flame was datamined. SO its a possibility
    And that's the only basis for his rumor. :P

He made up everything after that. It was also the guy that faked the Gamon sacrifice photo.

YOU DO NOT FEAR ME DRAGON!!!!

Well. Deepholme was created after the fact as a prison. I'm pretty sure it wasn't in the original design specifications.
    yes, but usually the Qliphoth is something you don't even want existing.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should get this guy to find out :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOmj2RCW4E0

Thrall in this X-pac?
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Wait ...

Thrall is holding back the Maelstrom, a giant ancient unending super-hurricane, born of collapsed inter-dimensional portals, so powerful it broke a continent into three pieces ... and he's doing it by himself?

That is the most badass thing I have ever seen in WoW!!
    Last edited by Direpanda; 2010-07-15 at 05:27 AM.
    Still waiting on the skillscore addon ...

Not the Maelstrom itself, just the planar tear that was created in its depths!

Not the Maelstrom itself, just the planar tear that was created in its depths!
    Oh.

I have to admit, whether or not it's more technically impressive, that's a lot less exciting.

/fanboism over
    Still waiting on the skillscore addon ...

I am an excitement crusher!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Direpanda View Post
    Wait ...

Thrall is holding back the Maelstrom, a giant ancient unending super-hurricane, born of collapsed inter-dimensional portals, so powerful it broke a continent into three pieces ... and he's doing it by himself?

That is the most badass thing I have ever seen in WoW!!
    Now who's gonna tell me that Garrosh would kill Thrall in a duel huh!
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

The Horde Gunship "crashed" because at the end of the Worgen starting zone, the players and a few npcs and one named npc get on the ship using the night elf's help and their flying mounts and kills everyone on it and crashes it into the forsaken's base right outside of the city. How it ended up in Deepness? I'm guessing that the base was night to water and when it crashed, it went into the water afterward.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    The Horde Gunship "crashed" because at the end of the Worgen starting zone, the players and a few npcs and one named npc get on the ship using the night elf's help and their flying mounts and kills everyone on it and crashes it into the forsaken's base right outside of the city. How it ended up in Deepness? I'm guessing that the base was night to water and when it crashed, it went into the water afterward.
    Negative and wrong! Besides, the Worgen zone gunship exploded about above Gilneas. Also you find a captain's log book on the crashed Gunship that rambles on and ends with "What's that? ALLIANCE SCUM INCOMING!"

And then they got shot down! It also has a different name, last I checked!

Ahem.

The Horde Gunship, The Storm's Fury crashes because the Alliance Gunship (curiously without a name atm) shoots it down. This then leads to a chain of quests on the gunship involving a guy tying himself to the wheel while his guts spill out, you learning the Twilight's Hammer infiltrated the Alliance ship and used it to shoot the horde one down, and suicidal snitching ogres.

Negative and wrong! Besides, the Worgen zone gunship exploded about above Gilneas. Also you find a captain's log book on the crashed Gunship that rambles on and ends with "What's that? ALLIANCE SCUM INCOMING!"

And then they got shot down! It also has a different name, last I checked!
    So there are two Horde Gunships? Because if that one exploded above Glineas, then the main Horde Gunship was shot down in Deephome.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by UraRenge View Post
    Wait...so Azeroth has its own version of the Qliphoth?

And the only thing keeping us out of it is a big rock?

....for all their wisdom, I think there's a flaw in the Titans' planetary design.
    Sargeras seems to agree with you on that, so now he lit himself on fire, and put everything he imprisoned back on the streets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

So there are two Horde Gunships? Because if that one exploded above Glineas, then the main Horde Gunship was shot down in Deephome.
    Nah, they have more than just one gunship. Ogrim's Hammer is not the only one they have, apparently. Both of these new destroyed/soon to be destroyed gunships have different names. One started with Thunder, I think, and the other one is the Storm's Fury.

Its looking like more than 2. For lore reasons i presume Ogrims will be above Icecrown still. An unnamed one exploding above gilneas. and Storm's Fury getting taken down in Deepholm. So who knows how many there are.

Maelstrom lore is dead now. Formally a magical well of unlimited power that was used to almost summon Sargeras and sought after by the old gods to free them from their prison, it now... transports you to deepholm. And now there is a pillar stopping the world from collapsing on itself? Isn't the elemental plane supposed to be unaccessible without utilizing magic? You could have just dug enough and reached deepholm (if you couldn't there would be no point in a pillar holding up the world, that is PHYSICAL CONTACT)? Surprisingly the elements haven't broken free on their own given thousands of years. This is getting incredibly stupid, it seems like Blizzard just stole a story out of Greek mythology (10 gold on the Earth-Elemental Lord holding up Azeroth).

You're taking it way too literally.

Quote Originally Posted by letstalklikepirates View Post
    Maelstrom lore is dead now. Formally a magical well of unlimited power that was used to almost summon Sargeras and sought after by the old gods to free them from their prison, it now... transports you to deepholm. And now there is a pillar stopping the world from collapsing on itself? Isn't the elemental plane supposed to be unaccessible without utilizing magic? You could have just dug enough and reached deepholm (if you couldn't there would be no point in a pillar holding up the world, that is PHYSICAL CONTACT)? Surprisingly the elements haven't broken free on their own given thousands of years. This is getting incredibly stupid, it seems like Blizzard just stole a story out of Greek mythology (10 gold on the Earth-Elemental Lord holding up Azeroth).
    I feel as tho something your saying here isnt right.. Considering the well was once a portal (and yes im borrowing this logic from another person) perhaps the maelstrom was used to create another portal.