Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cburja View Post
    It has no mana cost for all specs, i cba finding that Ghostcrawler post again.
    And Ghostcrawler also said that "Most likely" other trees will be unlocked at 30 points, i kinda doubt that they will scrap that idea in its entirity just because of Protritbution paladins
    this says 8% of base mana for Exo.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-12479-Paladin
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

With the 0/30/11 build you do get the 15% Seal Weapon Damage thing, and in addition to the DP mana, you will get a heal here and there, so lets wait to try this stuff out before this rage war.
    Except that with DP your heals are cut in half.

Just to give ya a heads up. You can't get ret's level 10 ability if your spec deep in prot. Meaning if you selected prot and than put the remaining points in ret you won't gain any passive ret abilities.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

100% agree with Prentice.

Additionally; you should be basing your assumptions from actual Beta client actual usage and NOT always from what MMO has posted. MMO datamines alot of what it has and in some cases there are differences in tooltips. This is especially true with spells and abilities. Even some of blizzards tooltips are inconsistent with how the ability itself works.

Once again. Where are you seeing that CS hits as holy damage?

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Just to give ya a heads up. You can't get ret's level 10 ability if your spec deep in prot. Meaning if you selected prot and than put the remaining points in ret you won't gain any passive ret abilities.
    You'd be losing 6% 2h weapon damage with this currently. Since DS will go back into ret (presumably deep and away from prot) and ret will get a new level 10 ability. The 6% damage is marginal based on the OP saying that prot 2h will do 2-3x the damage of ret.
    Last edited by EndGame; 2010-07-14 at 08:21 PM.

You can not have that spec you need at least 31 points into your main try to put the last 10 in other trees and trusst me Blizzard is in now way going to let prot spam CS with a 2 hander, Im willing to bet that they take away 2 hand weapons for every spec but REt. my bet is that you will unlock 2 hand weapon spec with your first point into the ret tree.

Warriors will no longer be able to Duel Wield until they put there first point into Fury so 100 bucks says Blizzard will do the same for Paladins about wielding a 2 hander

I am not 100% sure but from what I have seen CS has a 4 second base cooldown and with the prot talents this will cause there to be no cooldown. This for me makes the argument of ret paladins having more damaging skills pointless when prot paladins can hit harder with 1 spell which can be spammed.

If they have changed the base cooldown of crusader strike to more than 4 seconds which I am not aware of then just ignore what I have said

Once I can login to the PTR I'll check the damage coefficients (and physical/holy) of CS as well as the cooldown to see if they have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by warjin View Post
    You can not have that spec you need at least 31 points into your main try to put the last 10 in other trees and trusst me Blizzard is in now way going to let prot spam CS with a 2 hander, Im willing to bet that they take away 2 hand weapons for every spec but REt. my bet is that you will unlock 2 hand weapon spec with your first point into the ret tree.

Warriors will no longer be able to Duel Wield until they put there first point into Fury so 100 bucks says Blizzard will do the same for Paladins about wielding a 2 hander

No, your wrong. You do not need to get the last talent, you just need to spend 31 or 30 points into the tree, that is all.

No, your wrong. You do not need to get the last talent, you just need to spend 31 or 30 points into the tree, that is all.
    This has already been covered but you wanted to cherry-pick his post. No one, not even warjin, mentioned that you need to have the 31 point talent in the tree. You do have to spend 31 points somewhere in that tree though.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Anyone else notice that he didn't put 31 points into Prot. With the new changes you need to put 31 points into your "Main" Talent tree in order to start specing into another tree. Noobs who doesn't read.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

Well the improved crusaider stike in the prot tree is just wrong and will be moved, you need to use a shield to even cast avengers shield.

fail topic imo

What the OP is trying to do is a lolzbigCSnumberzinPvp build. I've went there and failed trust me it's not worth it. Go ret or go Home

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm on the beta atm, playing with a 2h and literally just spamming CS, 5k non-crits on lvl 81 mobs in vashj'ir, quite funny

and the reason the talent is in prot atm is the fact that other tank classes have a spammable button like heroic strike or maul, im expecting the talent to either have an extremely increased mana cost or to limit you to using CS with a 1h only

15+ Year Old Account
    im sorry, but im pretty sure you cannot do 0/30/11 spec, seeing how blizzard has announced when you pick a tree to put points in, the other 2 trees are blanked out until 31 points are placed in the initial tree. not sure if this puts a hiccup in your prot 2h pvp plan.

edit: read into page 2 and noticed this was covered....sorries

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I believe I read somewhere on these forums that the Prot CS ability will be limited to one handed weapons, whether that is accurate or not I'm not positive as I don't recall the thread, and searching is down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandush View Post
    head cut off? just a setback!

15+ Year Old Account
    Hybrid things like this will always be in there arena because survivability > burst unless your burst is Ele/Boomkin/Shadow/Destro which is burst+crazy sustained if needed. This will be just like Protribution is now no different and I'll hate it the same and fee cheated by Blizzard just the same and odds are it will be more powerful than Ret just the same and Blizzard will miss it completely you know just the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutions View Post
    Anyone else notice that he didn't put 31 points into Prot. With the new changes you need to put 31 points into your "Main" Talent tree in order to start specing into another tree. Noobs who doesn't read.
    I did put 31 points into Prot...and for my other 30 i put 30, because Ghostcrawler answered in a Q/A that they might change it to only 30 points required

---------- Post added 2010-07-15 at 10:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Khaoticsuccubus View Post
    Except that with DP your heals are cut in half.
    Why would you care about YOUR heals? You have a goddam healer dawg!

---------- Post added 2010-07-15 at 10:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    I believe I read somewhere on these forums that the Prot CS ability will be limited to one handed weapons, whether that is accurate or not I'm not positive as I don't recall the thread, and searching is down.
    I dont recall that being right, but im open for the possibility that only Ret will be able to wield 2handers

you have to have ATLEAST 31 points in prot to be able to take points in ret or holy. ALWAYS 31 points in ur main tree before u can take in the others

so how will vengence be useless. last i recall damage you take ups your atack power up to 10% of your max health. and seeing they already said dps specs will gain alot of health that seems like alot of attack power. but i just love everyone getting panties in a bunch when they already said pally trees are getting changed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prentice View Post
    The Sacred Shield buff is hardly valuable.
    I will gladly give my left nut to keep sacred shield buff as holy in PVP.