Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolniglol View Post
    LOL. Go level a feral druid back in classic when you had to sit there and shoot while your bear mauled shit.. Hunters always have and always will be gay/op.
    The only time Hunters were legitimately OP was in BC when we could top damage meters as BM, with one button (macro) no less. What's the matter? You got nothin better to do that troll? You can get your opinion across without calling the class "gay/op", but I noticed you have 2 posts as well as your name, so you must be a troll.
    I'll not spend my days glancing over my shoulder for assassins. Let them look back for me. --Elbryan, the Nightbird.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Thundercougr/

Deleted
    Hunters will be really good in cataclysm, hard hitting opener with Aimed Shot, Chimera Shot buffed will make sure the damage stays high like where hunters are going!

First 10% (MD Aim shots for big threat for tank(s)) and last 25% (beat enrages or that last tough phase) in PvE should be descent. I see being selective of shots per HP% of target, and of course the situation (moving or not) to be of more importance than today.

The ability to reliably crit with a hard hitting shot, and be ready to do it again, does seem OP, except that it's only applicable on single, relatively low HP, mobs when leveling/farming. There are other classes that can AoE and increase their effective kill rate by a lot more. So, I'm not going to flip over someone doing better or worse on 'trash'. When it comes to raid boss encounters, and PvP, then I care. This situation isn't applicable to either.

A lot of people are leveling with MM, and that's fine, but honestly, it's slower than BM for solo play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ooldoong View Post
    First 10% (MD Aim shots for big threat for tank(s)) and last 25% (beat enrages or that last tough phase) in PvE should be descent. I see being selective of shots per HP% of target, and of course the situation (moving or not) to be of more importance than today.

The ability to reliably crit with a hard hitting shot, and be ready to do it again, does seem OP, except that it's only applicable on single, relatively low HP, mobs when leveling/farming. There are other classes that can AoE and increase their effective kill rate by a lot more. So, I'm not going to flip over someone doing better or worse on 'trash'. When it comes to raid boss encounters, and PvP, then I care. This situation isn't applicable to either.

A lot of people are leveling with MM, and that's fine, but honestly, it's slower than BM for solo play.
    Agreed, about time we get some changes made. Not just for the better but any changes at all. The most recent one I can remember is MD getting changed to act like ToTT. Now they just need to give it the damage buff (like Tricks) and take it off the GCD. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Indiglo View Post
    Agreed, about time we get some changes made. Not just for the better but any changes at all. The most recent one I can remember is MD getting changed to act like ToTT. Now they just need to give it the damage buff (like Tricks) and take it off the GCD. :P
    I've played a rogue quite a bit and found the gap between hunters and rogues, as far as the focus system goes, to be pretty big still. Lets hope Blizzard gets the feedback they need to understand what needs to have focus, what doesn't, and at what cost.

To add to your example, I'd like to get tier bonuses like the rogues in Cata.

Unless my focus regeneration (through haste, shots, etc. etc.) gets up to about 50/60+ a second it won't be the same as today. The ability to react to a situation and have various abilities at your fingertips, ready to aid the team, has always been an important factor in my enjoyment of playing a hunter. Waiting to do concussion, deterrence, disengage, etc. etc. is not an option. Rogues don't have to : )

But, now I'm on a rant/tangent than the OT.

Numbers are not tweaked at this beta stage so I wouldn't focus on them too much and claim that AS is op or not. Even if, when cata releases, AS does hit hard, it will be more or less like Lava Burst from ele shamans. And shammies get to spam Lava Burst 3 times more than hunters can spam AS considering that hunters will have to do 5 continuous steady shots to get their free AS because all of their focus is saved to cast chimera shot and keep up vernom and whatnot.

MD having no global CD is an excellent idea. With the introduction of vernom, hunters spend even more gcds without doing any dps. Hunter's mark is not too bad because it's 5 mins long so for long fights such as Sindragosa, LK, or professor, you only need to use 1 gcd to refresh it but for fight with adds (which seems to be the direction Bliz is taking), it's really a pain.
    Last edited by Rizarroz; 2010-07-23 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizarroz View Post
    Numbers are not tweaked at this beta stage so I wouldn't focus on them too much and claim that AS is op or not. Even if, when cata releases, AS does hit hard, it will be more or less like Lava Burst from ele shamans. And shammies get to spam Lava Burst 3 times more than hunters can spam AS considering that hunters will have to do 5 continuous steady shots to get their free AS because all of their focus is saved to cast chimera shot and keep up vernom and whatnot.

MD having no global CD is an excellent idea. With the introduction of vernom, hunters spend even more gcds without doing any dps. Hunter's mark is not too bad because it's 5 mins long so for long fights such as Sindragosa, LK, or professor, you only need to use 1 gcd to refresh it but for fight with adds (which seems to be the direction Bliz is taking), it's really a pain.
    One thing that had me wondering early on was with improved hunter's mark. If another hunter overrides mine, now I'll have to spend even more focus. And yeah, the hunters know I have the improved mark, and they still do it. It's a muscle memory thing of always putting it up on their target.

Aimed Shot is back to a cast? Haven't really kept up with it much lately so I'm not sure if it was noted somewhere it's back to a cast. That sucks if it is.

It's great when people justify the "OPness" of a class when they are the one that are playing it.

What is the name of the music in this video? I want it. Reminds me of the music in the club in Conker's Bad Fur Day lol.
    With a shape like that, and a cape like that, cc better cc me. Cuz them dots just keep on rollin, and you know red equals dead. So let them casters cast, cuz haste makes us too fast. And I ride out in Mimiron's Head.

Mob health values have been changed on the Beta. They cannot be oneshot anymore.
    "If you need to add '10char' to be able to post, don't bother posting at all."

Quote Originally Posted by Fuger View Post
    It isnt OP. I have gone through 5 years of drinking ever few mobs and using ammo while mashing cooldowns like a kid with downs.

The hunter class deserves this. It isnt like a feral druid,Pally,DK... doesnt do something similar.

Chew target till it dies, heal, chew on another target...

Bash with hammer, next target

Smash smash next target.
    cause Aspect of the Viper has never been OP right?

Quote Originally Posted by Delekth View Post
    Coming from a DK? Never been OP much??

Bit off-topic, but you might wanna make use of 3 JC gems, not just one.
    "If you need to add '10char' to be able to post, don't bother posting at all."

The 50% damage reduction now or the "stay in this aspect or you will OOM" back in BC?

I'm confused why you said this? As a joke or what? Viper was so terrible back in BC you only had to use it when you had no Shaman(s) or you used your Fel Mana Pots poorly. The 2pc T6 made me laugh and cry at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayro1 View Post
    I'm confused why you said this? As a joke or what? Viper was so terrible back in BC you only had to use it when you had no Shaman(s) or you used your Fel Mana Pots poorly. The 2pc T6 made me laugh and cry at the same time.
    I am pretty sure that he meant it as "Hunters have been able to do this with Aspect of the viper while grinding to reduce/remove downtime". If you read the post he is replying to, they are saying it is unfair that Hunters have to send downtime while other classes like Feral Druids, Paladins and Warriors apparently just heal themselves up and continue going.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    I am pretty sure that he meant it as "Hunters have been able to do this with Aspect of the viper while grinding to reduce/remove downtime". If you read the post he is replying to, they are saying it is unfair that Hunters have to send downtime while other classes like Feral Druids, Paladins and Warriors apparently just heal themselves up and continue going.
    Still, Viper was never 'OP' other than the time I believe it didn't give you a penalty but still gave you back the mana you did from damage. It's been a long time so I can't really remember.