Thread: Except Fear

Except Fear

Player vs. Player
    Anti-Crowd Control Talents
    We are getting rid of a lot of the "being CC'd doesn't really counter you" talents, because we think they have led to classes not having weaknesses. The fact that instant casts are so important in PvP we think is a direct result from mobility being so important which is a direct result of nobody being controlled. We just need to chill all of that stuff out. If CCs are too potent, we want to nerf the CCs, not give everyone "CCs are impotent" talents. (Source)

Anyone want to bet that fear will be the one CC considered "too potent", and will receive an additional nerf? (The removal of instant fear as a cata option hints to their continued dislike of fear).
    Last edited by Repo123; 2010-07-15 at 09:25 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fear can't get any worse then it already is, it's just a longer gouge nowdays, breaks on a corruption crit.

Deleted
    just bring every cc to the state: breaks on targeting -> problem solved

Fear is the most protected against CC as it stands in the game, and I can see the removal of the soulburn instant being due to the intended removal of some of those counters.
    With less hard counters for it, then fear may become a realistic choice of CC again, though I still feel it is too unreliable both in a PVE environment where it is too much of a liability, and in pvp where you may have to move simply to keep within line of sight or within range to cast further spells upon the target.
    No other spammable CC has that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Meythia View Post
    I agree on this one tbh.

Does this mean they will nerf mage armor? prob not cuz blizz is making mages gods in cata. and seriously if they nerf fear again...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meythia View Post
    Noooo! Not on targeting! Breaks on apply!
    And seriously, how are they going to nerf Fear more? It's already a Polymorph... if you look at the one Feared it breaks...
    The only nerf is if it remains the same. Because Fear brakes after 40% of base health worth of damage is applied. Now base health won't change by much. But we'll have massive amounts of Stamina and do more damage.
    That means Fear will break on a single DoT tick. Fear = Polymorph. We're becoming mages more and more!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Warlocks are hard.

Quote Originally Posted by icecreamtruck View Post
    Does this mean they will nerf mage armor? prob not cuz blizz is making mages gods in cata. and seriously if they nerf fear again...
    Mages always have it good for the 1st quarter of the expansion, but they lag behind melee quickly.

As for fear, we have the most to gain from the anti-CC talent change. They have nerfed it to the point where I only caste it because I am hitting my /CasteRandom macro