Relentless Purchase Order: Resto Druid

Heya. I'm trying to figure out how to best spend my arena points on relentless gear, as I'm not currently a part of an arena team (I hope to soon start a 2's team for some points and to get used to it, just rounding out my gear atm). I was thinking gloves as they're the cheapest, but I'm aware there may be a better item to purchase first. Heres my armory if you need it,

*please dont qq about the DMC:G, I'm saving for the Ruination Battlemasters, but I want to purchase the remaining pieces that actually give me resilience.
    *Also, I know allot of my pieces are for boomkin, I had a change of heart shortly after hitting 80 so I still have those pieces, I plan on replacing the non-sets as soon as I can after my gear is rounded outI plan to replace 1 piece of the boomkin gear with resto for the time being for the extra 100 resilience, until I can find out definitively if it's worth using the 4 set for resto or not.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Shanksteak

Thanks a bunch for the advice. Peace.

If you think of getting gloves you shouldn't be going for relentless, as wrathful gloves have a fairly low rating requirement (1400). If you believe you won't get that anytime soon though, I suggest you first run your weekly VOA some, while you spend your points on Relentless head first. Like you said yourself your current head is furious and moonkin. Head it something you replace when you're at 1950 rating, which is fairly late and from what I can read from your gear (2150 SP) you're not going to be there in one week (btw enchant your shit ). Resi isn't really a problem as resto (in 2's), and I would so advise getting your swiftmend setbonus which is quite helpful (annoying to play without once you got it for a while, which shows how nice it really is imo). So after your head it should be something like head=>gloves=>chest=>leggs, keep WG haste shoulders.

EDIT: You should aim for non-BM 2nd trinket. You don't really need it in 2's, purified lunar dust (or solace if you get lucky) should be your aim. I also have Abbacus from icc 25 gunship available but don't use it in 2's. [/edit]

You should try replacing your relentless +crit with +spirit (sadly no haste offset for druids), the mana outweights the bonuses of crit (doesn't affect hots, dots, and offensive hardcasts aren't greatly affected by crits bc of resi and no crit damage bonus). This isn't top priority though.

If you plan on running 2's like you say you should go for
    These glyphs
    Rogue partner spec, I advise 3/3 Nature's grace isntead of 3% hot/dot as you'll often be spamming nourish against warrior teams, and they don't have an interrupt anyway. Also 2 points in energy regen as it pumps rogue dmg, instead of 4% haste
    Anything else partner spec, can drop 3/3 nature's grace here. You can put the point in revitalize anywhere you prefer. If you happen to like nature's grace you can always spec back into it.

In 2's you're fine with 1k resi untill you get 1800 and weapons become available, from there on 1.1k ish seems better to me.
    Don't be afraid to try and get 1800 rate with 232 weapons, me and my rogue did it, hit 1800 after a stugle, and then went up 200 rate just bc of the weapon upgrade. (getting 1800 with 232 weapons will require certain skill that you'll need at 2k with 264 weapons anyway).

Other than this you'll want
    6% spell hit (about 170 hit rating, which is easily achieved by neck, cloak, rele ring, and ring should later be replaced by exalted dps caster ring from icc rep once your resi is up above 1k)
    74 spell pen (3x Shattered Eye of Zul (haste/spellpen), +35 on cloak). Once you get access to T1 wrathful OH, buy haste and spell pen OH, swap to spell pen OH for mages & killing lock pets.
    Insightful meta
    400+ haste, may be harder to get at first and should be your last concern

Tried ordering my post a little but things come to mind randomly so excuses if it takes you two reads ;p
    Last edited by ShellPhown; 2010-07-15 at 11:28 AM.

Thanks for the response. Unfortunatley, due to my MS being feral (cat) and me being a newer 80 (on this toon, at least) I don't really have the frosts to drop on the lunar dust till I get at least my 4t10 on MS, and since I go into ICC's/25 toc's as Feral, I don't really have a shot at the decent resto trinkets, so is it still recomended not to get battlemasters? Thanks for the advice though, on that and everything else.

Also; is it really necissary to go into the balance tree to grab IS? Thusfar, I have only really healed, and only used any offensive abilities when I was 1v1 in bg's. I plan to do 3's eventually as I understand you can't get upgraded gear (anything that requires a rating) from 2's, only 3s and 5s, so does that change anything? Thanks again.

You can get everything from 2v2 except 3 things: Titles, wrathful shoulders & T2 weapon.
    IS is WAY better than wildgrowth in 2v2, but in 3v3 you need wildgrowth over IS (as you don't get to be offensive).
    It helps you getting your kill, and just putting extra pressure. You really don't need wildgrowth in 2v2 to have enough healing, so you can get IS instead.
    It's extra pressure where you don't "lose any healing" (like I said wildgrowth is shit in 2's). If you're not playing offensive you should start doing so!
    It may take some time to master, but understanding howmuch healing your hots do allows you to be offensive at the right times, and doing 8k damage bc of dots +wrath/starfires at the right time is REALLY going to make the difference.

As for the trinkets, get BM in your case, but aim to pick up a better one for 2's in the end. If you start playing 3's, run with that BM. If you get comfortable in 3's maybe you'll be abled to swap it out.

If you are playing 2s you have to assist on the dmg or games would take for ever, grab IS and play agressive. Even more if you play with a rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrrandion View Post
    Also; is it really necissary to go into the balance tree to grab IS?
    Depends on your comp. I don't like IS if your running with a hunter or warrior or a partner in loads of PVE gear. Other comps will require you to help out to get kills and IS will shine there.

Video is a Palit GTS450. Main display is a 24" full HD TV. Secondary display is an ACER 19" lcd at 1440x900.

If you don't take IS now (while you learn to heal under high pressure) you will see why quite quickly anyway - so do either, but I had similar approaches myself with some specs - eventually you think "oh ok... thats why the 2700 rated guy has 1 point in that, thats why he didnt take this, and thats why his 3rd glyph is weird" - its strange at first, you could approach it from an education standpoint of go in random and learn as you go, or just copy the 2500+ people in every way and learn how to use their setup.

Other than that, shell's advice is fine - one thing to remember and get the hang of quickly - a cycloned 20% hp player cannot be healed - take that time to go blind his healer (whos no longer able to be cycloned) or vanish and be ready to heavy burst the 20% player by charging a starfire/wrath spam

Quote Originally Posted by Marioto View Post
    If you are playing 2s you have to assist on the dmg or games would take for ever, grab IS and play agressive. Even more if you play with a rogue
    ^^ this.

I find a rogue partner as resto druid turned every match into a 20-25 minute match and the win loss ratio was only by who made the worst mistakes. I actually had more fun running Boomkin/Rogue since he could go balls out on one target, i could treant/cc another and pop some hots on us and starfall ftw.

I actually got quite bored with resto/rogue comp. Had more fun with resto/hunter and resto/spriest the resto/hunter was quite a challenge. Moonkin/hunter is lol easy at lower ranks. They just can't handle the pressure of everything we can pop at start.

Get your ICC rep ring. Get at least 5 percent hit (6 percent to it safe). Replace the Darkmoon Card with Bauble of True Blood, Solace of the Fallen, or Purified Lunar Dust. Solace of the Fallen is probably your best choice, but they are all good. The last thing I would spend arena points on is the legs and hands. Those are obtainable from VoA.The 4 pc resto set is most definitely worth it. Those 2 seconds make a big difference. For 2v2 I would recommend an IS type spec. For glyphs I would recommend Swiftmend and Innervate. You can use Barkskin for a 3rd glyph, but its overrated IMO. I prefer the extra damage from the IS glyph.