Pandaren Monk, interesting animations

i just saw a cool little neat thing in WMV about the pandaren pet, that it has:
    Attack animation
    Mount animation
    Work animation (mining with a pick axe kinda thingy)
    Stunned animation, and lots of other stuff.

so i was thinking, maybe the pandaren will become an NPC of some sorts.
    Cause the pet can obviously not do these things afaik, or can they?

I really wish they would either firmly establish those things in lore, or tell us that its never going to happen. The not knowing is what gets me.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

like....why add attack animations and stuff if they're never going to implement pandarens as NPCs or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    I really wish they would either firmly establish those things in lore, or tell us that its never going to happen. The not knowing is what gets me.
    well the whole point of us knot knowing is simply to string us along in hopes of getting them in game.
    On a side note if(IMO) they actually aren't allowed to continue in china the main reason they are not in the game. Then i would expect to see them in game in under 6 months cause they have spent tons of times on the pet with all those animations and voices

I hope we get them soon

Quote Originally Posted by Greenmahn View Post
    if they actually aren't allowed to continue in china the main reason they are not in the game. Then i would expect to see them in game in under 6 months cause they have spent tons of times on the pet with all those animations and voices
    Change skin to tiger. Profit.

I don't see how China could have the slightest thing to do with the pandas being in game. No more than the Forsaken.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

Well, pandaren are the same model as the Kalu'ak, so that could explain it.

Although I don't know for sure if what you have found is new or not...

Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    Change skin to tiger. Profit.

I don't see how China could have the slightest thing to do with the pandas being in game. No more than the Forsaken.
    natioanl animal of china is omg the panda and they have stated they dont want it used thats why you cant get the mini pet on a china server also no bones no red blood yada yada yada ita a very unique culture

no, those are just various animations for the companion

"attack" is just what it looks like he's doing when he's doing his kung fu stuff, he's not engaging in combat with anything

Quote Originally Posted by reyina View Post
    no, those are just various animations for the companion

"attack" is just what it looks like he's doing when he's doing his kung fu stuff, he's not engaging in combat with anything
    attack 2H is not in that animation
    it has a polearm animation aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mainly since that tuskar race needed animations as they are npcs, which hold many different weapons and attack stuff O_o.
    And if blizzard were to ever put panerden in game....it would probably be as a neutral npc race . And if it were to ever side with a faction....horde just because blizzard have a hard on for them.

Profound scholar and master in lore in the high degree of Titan origins and the old god mythology....Lol jokes

The Pandaren Monk uses the Tuskarr skeleton, so as a result, it has gained the Tuskarr's animations. That's it.

Just like how Hakkar uses the Naga Skeleton, and has a polearm wielding animation, yet it's not actually used by him.
    Last edited by ELYPOP; 2010-07-15 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trade Prince View Post
    And if it were to ever side with a faction....horde just because blizzard have a hard on for them.
    Seriously?.... They are throwing us under the banner of Garrosh.... I don't find many places that they give horde favoritism... Other than Saurfang.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyronius View Post
    I don't find many places that they give horde favoritism... Other than Saurfang.
    Goblins carve the horde symbol into an entire zone. Sylvanas kills the son of an Alliance faction leader. Horde get the A bomb.

15+ Year Old Account
    From what I heard China has nothing against the Pandaren, its the Pandarens cloths (Japanese) that they are against :P

For OP, I don't really care if they put it in or not. I am not gonna change my race to it if they add it as an option and if its just a NPC I wouldn't even care unless it gave some kind of quest or was a vendor for something

Deleted
    ffs, if the chinese dont fucking like it, dont fucking play it. Im sure some of them dont mind it, and if they dont, they can play. If they hate, they hate.

Someone go fucking write this on a post card and send it to Beijing so we can stop having a less than optimal experience at their expense.

(either that, or in China, they could just use a different model :P)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou View Post
    (either that, or in China, they could just use a different model :P)
    They can use Jackie Chan from Drunken Master instead :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmahn View Post
    natioanl animal of china is omg the panda and they have stated they dont want it used thats why you cant get the mini pet on a china server also no bones no red blood yada yada yada ita a very unique culture
    Tbh, it's bollocks

There are asian MMOs, even chinese ones that use Panda like player races, those games have PVP, nuff said.

Like many said before me, Pandaren monk shares a skeleton with the Tuskarr, thus share the same animations.
    Much like the skunk critter is a modified bear model, Wolvar and Furbolgs, or current goblins share a model skeleton with dwarves.

And again with the China / Panda issue? Goddamn, the only beef China ever had with the Pandaren was when they were wearing Japanese armor and weaponry. That issue has been resolved since WC3. Could it possibly be that... I dunno, there's the fact Pandaren were an actual april's joke race, but got put into the Frozen Throne expac because of popular demand? Maybe Blizzard just has no plans for them to appear in WoW whatsoever, beyond hints and little tidbits, how's that for a reason?
    Last edited by Dalehan; 2010-07-15 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Pandaren / China QQ again