Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    what i see here SCREAMS "emerald sanctum"

there's a thin chance we'll see more than that, but i'm betting right now, emerald sanctum in cataclysm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Vallin View Post
    Source pls! Because ive been playing since release and ive never read a lick about this.
    emerald dream has been a zone since atleast 1/2 way through vanilla .. in BC is got a giant update .. but since then it really hasnt been touched untill now i guess ..

10+ Year Old Account
    it will most definitely be its own expansion. the world alone is more massive than all of kalimdor and the eastern kingdoms combined...because that's essentially what it is, albeit untouched by human hands. i've been waiting for the Dream since vanilla and it will be a great day when it finally arrives.

i say second to last expansion, with the last taking place on Argus, former homeland of the Draeni and now ground zero for the Burning Legion and Sargeras.
    Stormbringer Guild of Khadgar -- Join Now!
    www.stormbringer.guildzilla.com

Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    One thing that bothers me about this concept is what we would be doing there. Sure the nightmare could be our main focus, but what of the areas that are no longer contaminated? I main a warlock, and even I don't like the idea of going to the dream to kill 15 bunnies for a quest there. Save the nightmare, the dream sounds like the kind of place better left untouched by normal mortals.

Lore can change, new enemy's arrive. It is for blizzard to know and for us to bash are heads against the table till they tell us.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by OberonXIX View Post
    I have a very wishful theory regarding the Dream. I do believe it will be an expansion pack, it's too big to be anything else. The Emerald Dream is the blueprint of Azeroth, in other words it is our world untouched by intelligent life and left to grow naturally, albeit somewhat savage in places.

For those who do not know, the Nightmare has been defeated, but the source of corruption responsible still exists within the Dream, though it has lost its influence for the moment. Part of my theory is the remaining corruption will be the ultimate bad guy in the ED expansion.

Here's my theory on the design:
    We saw early concept builds of the ED in WoW way early on in the games history. This leads me to believe Blizzard had plans for ED back then, and I would assume they still do now. I was wondering, if they were building parts of the ED back then, maybe they still are now, and maybe they never quit building parts in between. As previously stated, the ED is the blueprint of Azeroth, so to do it true justice, would it not have to be at least as big as Azeroth is?

This is a desperate, wishful dream on my part, and I know it is not likely, but I hope that Blizzard has been developing ED alongside everything else since WoW was first created. A zone for a zone, a quest for a quest. If this were true, it would mean ED would have to be at least as large as the current WoW with all expansions. Again I know, this is just a silly hope I have, I doubt it's true.

Realistically I would bet money on ED being an expansion, and certainly not just a raid as some people have claimed. I hope we get to see it soon.
    Draenor does not have an Emerald Dream so no clue why it would need to be as large as current WoW and all expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Blizzard stated pretty much at the begining of wow that the Emerald Dream would more or less be their last expansion.
    I love it when people completely pull things out of nowhere! =D Thanks for that!

So if ED is the blueprint of Azeroth, completely untouched by either horde or alliance you want a expansion where we go and build towering bases and quarries and cut the trees down like what we did in Northrend?

Quote Originally Posted by Irthos View Post
    So if ED is the blueprint of Azeroth, completely untouched by either horde or alliance you want a expansion where we go and build towering bases and quarries and cut the trees down like what we did in Northrend?
    no .. we dont cut the tree's down .. that would be stupid .. because the trees are probly living there and would eat our faces or rape us

Quote Originally Posted by Irthos View Post

Please no.

What I would like to see is possibly have the nightmare begin to act up again, and have the green flight send out a plea for help, before it gets out of control. Make a raid around that rift that leads to the great beyond (Twisting Nether) and have us clean around it. Essentially finishing what Malfurion wasn't able to in Stormrage.

last expansion

Ysera - Oh <Name> Thank Elune ! Malorne has gone mad. He found a way to open a portal between this world and the Emerald Dream. We must stop him before the planet is destroyed

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow946 View Post
    I love when they foreshadow something they haven't figured out yet. Now they have to come up with some reason for the Emerald Nightmare without blaming it on the Old Gods
    It was though, there is current mandated lore that says the old gods are responsible for the nightmare
    Edit: Woot! 4000 posts!
    Last edited by Dark Side; 2010-07-15 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XepNes View Post
    Emerald Sanctum? If the Emerald dream will be made an expansion its a druid only, since only powerful druids can enter the emerald dream and be able to return before the main body dies. It would require a drastic lore change and i doubt that
    didnt varian go there in the comics?

sorry, my bad, it was broll....
    Last edited by narwaana; 2010-07-15 at 10:04 PM. Reason: I were wrong...?

Quote Originally Posted by DevilHeart View Post
    And besides we have allready been to the dream(Collecting acorns), so the retcon allready happened...
    Could anyone provide me with the name of that quest? I haven't done it, and I would very much like to get the chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Etori View Post
    Could anyone provide me with the name of that quest? I haven't done it, and I would very much like to get the chance.
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Quest:Hope_Wi...rald_Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by shadow946 View Post
    I love when they foreshadow something they haven't figured out yet. Now they have to come up with some reason for the Emerald Nightmare without blaming it on the Old Gods
    how bout mal'ganis? ive always wondered what they were goin to do with him

Anyone know if the Emerald Dream has been sundered too? And does the Emerald Dream follow what happens on "our" Azeroth. I.e the Sundering, the Cataclysm now etc? Or is the Emerald Dream basically how it used to look before the races came and without all that jazz?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XepNes View Post
    Emerald Sanctum? If the Emerald dream will be made an expansion its a druid only, since only powerful druids can enter the emerald dream and be able to return before the main body dies. It would require a drastic lore change and i doubt that
    Did I hear about Emerald Dream Portals around Azeroth? I guess not, seeing how you ignored them completely. Using the portals makes it possible to for anyone to Physically go to the Emerald Dream. Its not like you go into the portal and your body just fall down and your spirit passes through.

Also didn't the Emerald Nightmare get defeated by Malfurion Stormrage? Plus if it was released it would only be one raid instance for one tier and not a whole expansion.

I knew I saw the updater go through some Emerald Dream files, but I didn't think there would be anything new. This is really surprising. Well, I guess I'm off to my Sandbox to explore.
    "Horde, quit whining about Blood Elves. You say we are girly and yet it is you who are whining like 16 yr old girls that are not getting their way."

10+ Year Old Account
    i think emerald dream is more suited for a raid

Deleted
    The Emerald Dream was supposed to be an "endgame zone" in Vanilla Wow, see Wowwiki for the Blue Posts. It was never said to be the last expansion.

I'm pretty sure it will be (part of) the next expansion after Cataclysm, looking at what's about to happen etc.