Attack Range for Hunters

Personally i only have a hunter for an alt but i think it would be a lot better if hunters didn't have to be 5 yds away from something to shoot at it. in real life ppl use guns up close and stab peple with arrows so why cant we be like the casters and use bows from anywhere? Maybe blizz is thinking of putting this in the game sometime in the future?

uhm... IRL people stab each others with arrows?

And i thought my neighbourhood was bad...
    Quote Originally Posted by coolcatchris
    also, we're not glass cannons anymore, we haven't been for ages. either that or everyone is a cannon, and some are plate cannons.

Deleted
    nope, never, thats the class weakness and will stay

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meythia View Post
    nope, never, thats the class weakness and will stay
    It's their sole weakness now that they can practically move and shoot with Aspect of the Fox.

I was gonna be a Warlock, but now Hunter looks like it has so much more potential.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just l2p instead. Hunters would be insanely OP without the melee-range restriction against casters.
    Vol'jin fanboy

Apart from kill shot, shooting at point blank range feels unskillful and too OP

---------- Post added 2010-07-15 at 12:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphk View Post
    It's their sole weakness now that they can practically move and shoot with Aspect of the Fox.

I was gonna be a Warlock, but now Hunter looks like it has so much more potential.
    FoTM.

I bet you will be back here in 6 months time complaining about how UP hunters are.

Be happy that they reduced the dead zone for hunters, when i played hunter it was like 10(?) yards or more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol Please Give that so i can Ultimately Facroll and ull cry
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Kidoeng7 View Post
    Lol Please Give that so i can Ultimately Facroll and ull cry
    If your spelling is any indication of your in game skills it would appear you are already face-rolling.
    walls o' textual eyerape
    IT'S ALL FUN AND GAMES UNTIL SOMEONE LOSES THEIR ANAL VIRGINITY

10+ Year Old Account
    as a hunter its incredibly easy to get out of melee range to throw a shot. Just because of the latency in wow you can strafe and shoot and even if your enemy reacts in 0,0001sec he wont make it back to melee range before you can shoot because of the latency.

And if you think you can shoot in melee with a rifle, go ahead and try while getting 3 meter long sword shoved in your ass. I bet its not so easy.

Learning to kite is pretty faceroll. You have melee abilities specifically designed to get you back to range, try using them.

Having Kill Shot with no minimum range was useful, I really don't think it was that overpowered.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snipeshot24 View Post
    Personally i only have a hunter for an alt but i think it would be a lot better if hunters didn't have to be 5 yds away from something to shoot at it. in real life ppl use guns up close and stab peple with arrows so why cant we be like the casters and use bows from anywhere? Maybe blizz is thinking of putting this in the game sometime in the future?
    In real life people can die from one attack. Ingame you have to attack them over and over and over and over and over and over....and over and over and over....and they never really die they will just respawn

What do most people do in a FPS game when someone is ALL UP in their grill?

Backpedal or strafe away to get some space to aim at their target.

Well, most people.

Dont be sad, or the hunter become the attack range from classic back ^.-

Quote Originally Posted by Gadirm View Post
    uhm... IRL people stab each others with arrows?

And i thought my neighbourhood was bad...
    You sir...made me laugh...pure win

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snipeshot24 View Post
    Personally i only have a hunter for an alt but i think it would be a lot better if hunters didn't have to be 5 yds away from something to shoot at it. in real life ppl use guns up close and stab people with arrows so why cant we be like the casters and use bows from anywhere? Maybe blizz is thinking of putting this in the game sometime in the future?
    Guize, the huntsman taunt from tf2.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrlae View Post
    Be happy that they reduced the dead zone for hunters, when I played hunter it was like 10(?) yards or more.

From 5 to 8 yards we had nothing. I can't count the number of times I had a mage at low health frost nova me then step just out of melee and calmly pyroblast me while I was helpless. I'd at least like to have no minimum range on kill shot again.

and btw Shawaam How is it casters would be helpless vs hunter if there wasn't a min range? I am more irritated by melee closing on me then any casters. With the exception of doing fears and frost nova most caster don't seem to want to close in on me.

Seems like you come up against some bad casters then Brini haha. Easiest way to piss a hunter off? Stand on top of them =) Well and killing my pet... I hate when they kill my poor little puppy =( WHAT DID NIBBLES EVER DO TO YOU HUH??? hE JUST WANTED TO KISS YOUR FACE WITH HIS TEETH =)

15+ Year Old Account
    Haha, when I did arenas with my priest during TBC, I would stick to hunters like a druid hugging a tree. They couldn't use their most powerful skills, and I could easily keep myself topped off while doing substantial damage. Some hunters were very good and able to handle that, but using LoS plus the hug-a-hunter technique worked pretty well over all.

Having to stand a mere five yards away isn't even a weakness. Be glad that there is feign death, disengage, wing clip, scatter shot, concussive shot, and that we have a pet to pick up the slack. Hunters are going to be fun in Cataclysm. I'm even considering rolling a Worgen hunter when I already have a Nelf one.
    For the Alliance!