Thread: World PVP

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I like world pvp and i want to do it again thats why i like vanilla.

Naturetaurens sister here i like kirby!

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwiing View Post
    Since I started playing in BC, I've noticed a few things about PVP, or lack thereof. Blizzard creates this amazing landscape, with endless miles of land to explore while leveling, each expansion being more scenic than the last. But of course, you enjoy all of this while leveling and questing around. Once you hit the level cap, the game.."shifts" a bit.

Now you're most likely in Dalaran or Orgrimmar/Ironforge, either queuing up for battlegrounds/arena, queuing up for dungeons, taking portals to get places...etc. The vast majority of players do this because, simply put, they don't NEED to go out into the world. Everything you could possibly need is in a home city. And this changes the game from the "World of Warcraft" to the "Dalaran of Warcraft" really. The world sits empty (besides those leveling) and no one is around to fight/explore in it.

My suggestion: Enhance World PVP in Cataclysm. Have World PVP events or battlegrounds with an incentive bonus if you GO to the zone itself to queue up. Anything to get more players out into the world. Of course this is mainly applicable to PVP servers, but I'm sure that many agree that World PVP is what is lacking in the game...which if implemented, would truly attract more players.
    Who needs Portals when you got Flying mounts? Bring Back world pvp to Gank Many a Gnomes

What's everyone's definition of world pvp? For me, it's any player versus player that's done outside the organized realms of WG, BGs, and arena.

I'm seeing a lot of nostalgia for South Shore/Tarren Mill. While that would be nice to get, people are very stuck in the capital cities. If you want to revive world pvp it has to start in faction capitals, imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    ganking makes me cry

The Isle, in all its infamous glory, is what I call world pvp, and we need it back.

World PvP will never die, as long as there are people like me who get bored & get friends togehte & just sit in enemy cities until the cavalry arives.
    Although to be fair, in cata almost all the zones have alliance & horde bases right next to each other so I'll expect to see loads of world PvP while lvling...definatly on a PvP realm. I however being on an RP realm will just leave my PvP on & see how many people have the backbone to give it a try...
    Last edited by jerry; 2010-07-20 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ambivalence View Post
    The Isle, in all its infamous glory, is what I call world pvp, and we need it back.
    I wouldn't say that world pvp is only what happened at the isle, but as far as I'm concerned it's where world pvp was at its best.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyro View Post
    Just for your information: world PvP is NOT fun for anyone who doesn't willingly participate. Having some random moron attack you in full relentless while you're doing daily quests ruins your gaming experience. The only kind of world PvP that's fun are places like Halaa in Nagrand.
    Then why would you or anyone Roll on a PvP server If you don't like World PvP, I mean really If I don't want to be attacked then I would of Rolled PvE....Just my 2 cents

---------- Post added 2010-07-21 at 12:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kronpas View Post
    Blizz realized that not everyone playing on pvp servesr was the one who loves PvP. They also realized localized pvp grounds were better than world pvp, so they promised one in Cata. Just wait and see how WG 2.0 turns out.
    I understand that But that is thr price you pay for Signing up on a PvP server, Friends or not...Jerry rigging the rules for those who rolled on a PvP server for that reason is lame, Thats like forcing RP rules on a Reg sever because others bitched that they want to roleplay, you get what you Pay for and I payed for PvP on a PvP server if not I would of Rolled Pve, friends or no friends

Deleted
    IluveGANKING<3Bring OpenPvp back!

World Pvp has been dead since BC. Sure it is something we would all love to do again but it probably will not.

I miss halaa XD

There should be much more opportunities for world pvp whilst plp are leveling, mining, herbing skinning etc. Also everyone is levelling up so ppl will be out in the droves!

I used to like the the ole TM/SS fights too and fro. Not sure if I would spend hours on it now though.

Just for your information: world PvP is NOT fun for anyone who doesn't willingly participate. Having some random moron attack you in full relentless while you're doing daily quests ruins your gaming experience. The only kind of world PvP that's fun are places like Halaa in Nagrand.
    People like you who ruin the gameplay on PvP servers. How frigging fun is a daily quest you've done each day for half a year? If you think it's more fun than getting some random world PvP that you get once in a month: ROLL A PVE SERVER.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyro View Post
    Isnt that the reson for PvE servers?

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    Isnt that the reson for PvE servers?
    I remarked that almost every world pvp discussion ever ends on this unanswered question.

I have yet to come accross someone not liking ganking providing a reasonable reason for them to be playing on a pvp server (by reasonable I mean something else than "I play on pvp servers because my friends are there").

So a WG styled event that requires us the walk there? Sounds reasonable.

---------- Post added 2010-07-21 at 11:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rowrin View Post
    I miss halaa XD

Slowly killing guards by yourself with bombs that did no damage...good times?

I think world PvP died when you stopped getting honor for a kill...I remember back in Pre-BC when I would raid Sentinel Hill with some guildies and lose track of how much honor I was getting and just enjoyed the kills, then when we finished and left, I check my honor and I have 2k from killing people and it kept me world PvPing...no incentive now =/

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not disagreeing... but I hate sitting in major cities: I avoid it whenever possible. When I queue for a BG/Wintergrasp/etc. (or wait for the raid to finish forming), I'm out flying around: sometimes I'm grinding some old-school rep, sometimes I'm looking for rare spawns, sometimes I'm looking for Alliance to gank, sometimes I'm just seeing what there is to see. Aside from the Auction house, though, I'm almost NEVER in a major city (except as quick transportation to a part of the world I'd like to be in).

World pvp is for stealthers and ranged classes aka "I drop on you while you have 9001 mobs on you or you're eating" and "I global you from 40 yards before you even know I'm there".

When I'm in the mood for ganking on my rogue, I go gank in Orgrimmar in the Drag. Now that's thrill.

Make "targeted" pvp towns. By this I mean for 1 hr or so have a screaming banner carrying NPC notify the public that X town has NPCs that are worth a large amount of Honor.
    For example:

Astrannar now has New random NPCs in it that are each worth 250 honor. There are 10-15 and respawn 1 minute after death. All Alliance in the zone now gain honorable defender and *Perhaps* all lower level players can ask for a buff to make them useful to the fight. (Like in current WotLK terms it would give the level 25 10,000 hp and a 11x [(80-current level) x.2] increase in damage. (They are still worse than any level 80, but they can be useful! .... Also give the level 25s a chance to TP out.

Some variation of this would actually get people PvP'ing in a real territory in the World of Warcraft.