Thread: Rawr for Holy

Rawr for Holy

I just recently switched to Holy and am really used to using rawr with my ret set to find upgrades and determine which gear to go for, but when looking at holy gear on rawr I noticed some strange things. For one, rawr recommended gemming for socket bonuses, using 10 Int 5 Mp5 or 10 Int 12 Spellpower. And for meta it recommends the http://www.wowhead.com/item=41376 (Mp5 and 3% Increased Crit Healing Effect) for meta. I was under the impression to use Brilliant gems in all sockets with one Nightmare tear and http://www.wowhead.com/item=41401 (21 int and chance to restore mana) for meta.

Seeing these differences I was wondering how accurate rawr is for holy? Or are there some settings in rawr I need to tweak?
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

15+ Year Old Account
    mp5 is the best regen a paladin can get since crit has been nerfed.

but i dont know about the meta gem. i thought the meta with the mana regen was still best. but i could be mistaken

---------- Post added 2010-07-15 at 05:45 PM ----------

mp5 is the best regen a paladin can get since crit has been nerfed.

but i dont know about the meta gem. i thought the meta with the mana regen was still best. but i could be mistaken

Never really used RAWR for holy, but you are correct in what you are thinking. Nightmare tear, and brilliant, and the chance to retore mana meta

Rawr just isn't meant to be used by healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Rawr just isn't meant to be used by healers.
    Is there something that does work to assist in making gear decisions? I was mainly using rawr because I got a Trophy of the Crusade and couldn't decide which piece to upgrade. The stat changes were all very similar, and most pieces did not have an easily obtainable upgrade excluding tier 10.

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcilux View Post
    Is there something that does work to assist in making gear decisions? I was mainly using rawr because I got a Trophy of the Crusade and couldn't decide which piece to upgrade. The stat changes were all very similar, and most pieces did not have an easily obtainable upgrade excluding tier 10.
    Your head. No really, their is no perfect tool as to what is better, because it's not always about the highest HPS. As a healer you have to balance your stats, not about trying to achieve the highest amount of healing per second (as damage is, which is what Rawr and other tools calculate). As a holy paladin, you should be gemming all Int, and use a Nightmare tear to activate your meta UNLESS you can achieve both a +7sp and +9sp socket bonus by using only one Reckless Ametrine, and one Dazzling Eye of Zul. (Note these two gems cannot be in the same piece to only activate one socket bonus.)
    Arcane/Fire Mage - Armory - <Dread>

Live Stream

Deleted
    i do think that once you configure Rawr correctly with the options pane, you get 20 int gems all over the place.

edit: these settings give int stacking for me:

burst scale: 0%
    activity: 100%
    HS: 0%
    model infusion of light ON
    100% holy light.
    sacred shield uptime: 100%
    FoL on shielded target: 0%
    maintain JotP
    maintain judgement
    fight length: 7 minutes
    GHL targets: any
    mana buffs:
    replenishment uptime: 100%
    divine plea: 2 minute CD
    beacon of light: both sliders to the right
    both checkboxes below that on.

on the stat page: enforce gem requirements.
    Last edited by mmocb0245d6bcb; 2010-07-15 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    on the stat page: enforce gem requirements.
    We had this mage who believed the crit meta gem would be worse than *insert shitty meta he used here* because he had that thing checked.And I don't see any reason to use that option anyway.

And even with your settings it still rates SP too high (my guess is because it doesn't know shit about overhealing and sees SP as a sustained healing bonus !_!) , haste too low and ends up with most of the healing coming from FoL....

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    The problem with healing is that you aren't dependant on gear so much.
    You could swap any of those for the upgraded version and you would hardly notice it.
    The problem with me being mostly DPS -_- I've gotten lazy with clear cut decisions practically being made for me. I mean, I don't really have problems healing, I still occasionally run out of mana but have never wiped because of it

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface