Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Forsaken Forsaken [spoilers, speculation]

Now that we know that Sylvanas is basically Lich Queen, do you think we shall have some of the newly raised (by val'kir) forsaken rebelling against her just as she rebelled against Arthas? Would be nice and ironic twist.

Deleted
    Dunno. Its beta. things can change.

15+ Year Old Account
    That'd be awesome actually... If she manages to do any kind of MC on Koltira it'll be ridiculous.
    I hope some important lore character ressed as forsaken rebels against her and take her place.

Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    That'd be awesome actually... If she manages to do any kind of MC on Koltira it'll be ridiculous.
    I hope some important lore character ressed as forsaken rebels against her and take her place.
    As long as its not an important alliance lore character...

we know she raised galen trollbane i bet the fallen prince becomes the banshee king after killing sylvanas....

actually i really dont think that but.....

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Dunno. Its beta. things can change.
    I'm glad to see people are making an attempt to contribute to the conversation, even though their contributions don't mean anything.

I can see two things happening, three maybe. First, she could learn the error of her ways after a move on her part causes some event (she creates an army she can't control, etc.). After which, she agrees to behave to a certain limit. Second, she could become drunk with power, and we will have to defeat her. This could either end in her dying, or combined with the first scenario, learning not to be so abusive with her powers. Third, she may leave the Horde entirely, create a new force, and be a major villain in the future. This would propel the story forward, giving a new expansion more lore material. The only problem I see with this is being parallel to the Lich King story arc.

Quote Originally Posted by strom View Post
    As long as its not an important alliance lore character...
    Why not? Wouldn't that make the story more interesting?
    Last edited by RaptorJesus; 2010-07-15 at 06:45 PM.
    A day is one rotation of the Earth around its axis. God created the universe in 6 days. Before he created the Earth, how did he know how long a day was?

Sylvanas will stay the leader of the Forsaken. She is loved by too many horde players to be killed as a villian. She has always been very gray with her tactics. Or perhaps you are missing the subtle way she is trying to ensure the continuation of her people. After all if they have their own will what stops them from just killing themselves again?

I don't think she's destined to become a villain. I think she's in for a heel-face turn.

Think about it. The Earthen Ring were the ones that persuaded Thrall to let the Forsaken into the Horde in the first place. They're major players this expansion. Further, Bolvar is the new Lich King. I wouldn't be surprised if he pays her a visit some time in the future, as she is poised to undo everything he has sacrificed himself for.

Or maybe they'll just show up and roflstomp her. Who knows.

Hmm. If i had to break it all down:

-As I pointed out in another thread, if she actually does some sorta RAS-voodoo-mind control-Horde Juice thing on Koltira...she really would have gone into Scourge territory. Mind controlling undead-that's just gone too far. It was strongly hinted that dude is going to get brainwashed, controlled, or both(or attempted to.)

-Other Forsaken, having fought to get free their whole lives and NOT be under the Lich King's Control-might not agree with this. After all, if she can control one(for not even doing anything wrong; IMO, Thassarian and Koltira are loyal to the Ebon Blade first and foremost, want the Scourge dead, and 'petty' kingdom quarrels come later), then what if another Forsaken accidentally does something she sees as 'wrong'? A feeding of Mind Control Juice for them! This could lead to possible unrest in the Forsaken realm.

-She, like Vol'Jin, refuses to listen to Garrosh. However, Vol'Jin repents-after Thrall pays him a visit. If Thrall pays Sylvanas a visit and sees what she's doing, I don't think he'd agree. If she refuses to listen to Thrall, that's as good as spitting on the man(well, orc) who actually showed her compassion. She would deserve anything bad coming to her here. Or, she MIGHT actually listen to Thrall and get off her massively fast downward spiral to pure evil.

-Garrosh finds out that she refuses to listen, and 'Dismisses' her. Forsaken probably split; those who were loyal to her til the end and those who realized she was taking them to the same hell she came from.

-Alternately, her sister(s) come and either stage and intervention or put arrows into her. (With her one sisters hatred of Orcs, though, it could be VERY interesting how this pans out-Sylv toots her horn that she's loyal to the Horde-enough to mind control people apparently-but if her sister tried to turn her? What would she do?

In any way, Sylv I predict will either A. Shape up, or B. Die-if not now, then later as some boss. I can't really seeing it go another way. I don't think the Orcs, Tauren, Trolls or even Blood Elves(who did quite a bit of redeeming on their own) would agree with her now insane-ways.
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Notice that when Illidan died the first thing he says to Maiev is that the Huntress is nothing without the hunted. Sylvanas is currently gone bonkers without her driving force. Now was Sylvanas always nice? Definitely not she had an evil streak to her and we are seeing it more now but Arthas' death has effected Sylvanas and made her go a bit crazy. I feel that until she comes to her senses and develops a new life purpose we'll be seeing her evil side keep growing and growing. It seems likely that over time she'll get crazier and crazier until finally at the climax of the expansion she either cracks and we kill her or she finally realizes in an epic way what the heck shes been doing and returns to the semi-good/evil Sylvanas we know.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I find funny is Bolvar isn't doing his job or the Val'kyr would still be scourge.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas used to be all about "Oh we are dammed, monsters forsaken by our own people" and all, she saw her undeath as a curse and a bad thing, damn even the forsaken flag is EMO. Now she wants to force others to serve the horde on death? She's becoming the very thing she used to hate, just like Arthas before her.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aureth View Post
    -As I pointed out in another thread, if she actually does some sorta RAS-voodoo-mind control-Horde Juice thing on Koltira...she really would have gone into Scourge territory. Mind controlling undead-that's just gone too far. It was strongly hinted that dude is going to get brainwashed, controlled, or both(or attempted to.)
    What do you mean **IF**? It doens't matter how or why she does it. If this is true, she will be attempting it. That was the last potential barrier to stop her and the Forsaken being deemed the New Scourge - and she just blasted through it. Shes shown she doesn't care about free will and this explaisn why Galen and all the other Alliance peope, are following her. They have no choice.

She is the new Lich Queen. The Forsaken ARE the Scourge. But wheeras Arthas could have been redeemed....there is no light at the tunnel for Sylvanas. She and her kind are damned and their assault on Andorhal and Southshore and Gilneas cannot be hidden.

-
    In any way, Sylv I predict will either A. Shape up, or B. Die-if not now, then later as some boss. I can't really seeing it go another way. I don't think the Orcs, Tauren, Trolls or even Blood Elves(who did quite a bit of redeeming on their own) would agree with her now insane-ways.
    Sylvanas story isn't shaping up to be one of redemption. Arthas story was that of a fallen knight and there were hints that he regretted or was fightign againts the LK nature. Theres no sign of that for Sylvanas.

EJL

Clearly being the head of an undead army means you're a Lich king/queen. Clearly all of this is backed up with rational thought and makes perfect sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

What do you mean **IF**? It doens't matter how or why she does it. If this is true, she will be attempting it. That was the last potential barrier to stop her and the Forsaken being deemed the New Scourge - and she just blasted through it. Shes shown she doesn't care about free will and this explaisn why Galen and all the other Alliance peope, are following her. They have no choice.

She is the new Lich Queen. The Forsaken ARE the Scourge. But wheeras Arthas could have been redeemed....there is no light at the tunnel for Sylvanas. She and her kind are damned and their assault on Andorhal and Southshore and Gilneas cannot be hidden.
    Oh, personally I'd love to see her go down in this. She's gone way too far. You are right, that mind-control business did indeed break that last barrier down. (The If part was more if she'll get away with it, but she will definitely be trying it.)

I found this interestin screenie too. Seems that Thassarian and Koltira do plan on fighting and aren't in EB anymore but...they have an almost...gentlemanly rival/way of going about it. Also, this is from the Alliance side, so Thassarian doesn't want his side to know either(setting something up with Wrynn perhaps?)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v496/Kayoss/517.jpg
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xxf2dxx View Post
    Clearly being the head of an undead army means you're a Lich king/queen. Clearly all of this is backed up with rational thought and makes perfect sense.
    Give one significant difference between the Scourge and the Forsaken now.

The possibility that they had free will was the last barrier to that comparison.

And if this report from Andorhal is true....thats been neatly removed by Sylvanas treatment of Koltira alone.

EJL

10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas is pretty horde though, her excuse most of this expansion is it is for the horde

Profound scholar and master in lore in the high degree of Titan origins and the old god mythology....Lol jokes

Oh, here are some other interesting spoiler pics:

http://runaan.shaiex.net/pictures/wp...punishment.jpg

http://runaan.shaiex.net/pictures/wp...ine/broken.jpg

If we needed any proof she didnt care about the Horde at all...which many of us didn't, that little line she says in the second pic takes care of it. I cannot WAIT to see if she gets 'Dismissed' and i hope she does. Forsaken Mindrape is not on the list of things that are Horde approved I think. I will never roll a Forsaken character ever again after this(even though I know yes, it's just a game, etc, I never want to be associated with the Forsaken.) Nor will I ever in a million years defend the Undercity on any of my characters. (I play ona n RP server-while I'm not really hard about it, I have little quirks. Working with evil bitches is not something I do.)
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm seeing a trend here. One person posts a new and exciting thread about a possible Evil Sylvanas. Another person increases their post count by creating a new thread about "Oh noes! Whos next Forsaken Leader!?! lol". Troll number three then speculates on that speculation, which was a speculation of all those speculations....

Why can't these be kept/merged into one thread. There's nothing different about the other threads.

OT: Sylvanas will not be killed. Maybe exiled, but not killed.

Gamon will convince Sylvanas that being neutral is far more...fun.
    nvm