What's with the really low bids in the AH?

Just started playing again and I'm trying to get back into making money on the AH. What is with the really low bids of like 7s and no buyouts for most of the items in trade goods? Seems like its always the same person in every category so I assume its an alt of one of the guys with most of the listings using it to somehow mess up auctioneer. Anyone know what the deal is?

No idea why, but I like to profit off of them. :P

Quote Originally Posted by halpfultroll View Post
    No idea why, but I like to profit off of them. :P
    ^^This

just before servers go down for maintainence i go on and bid on everysingle cheap thing i can find since the servers are down you cant be outbid and they cant cancell the auction!

Their to fuck with Auctioneer scans. Just like the ridiculously over priced stuff. People do this to push market price averages higher or lower.

Really? Those sorts of auctions have been around for ages, I assumed Auctioneer just dumped stock at that price because its stupidly overpriced. But then again I'm not a programmer so I can't complain!

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaitee View Post
    just before servers go down for maintainence i go on and bid on everysingle cheap thing i can find since the servers are down you cant be outbid and they cant cancell the auction!
    I'm pinching this idea

* hopes your not on Kazzak EU xD)
    Insert Signiture here.