Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why is this in my UI all of a sudden

http://s717.photobucket.com/albums/w...510_164500.jpg

In that SS, you can see a Yellow bar right above CLCret

This has never been here before today, ever. Can someone tell me what It is and how to get rid of it please

I don't have a clue where to look, I only see 1 yellow bar? in the middle?
    Eitherway have you tried turning off 1 addon by 1 to see which one is causing it? faster than forums for this kind of questions...

No its not. And yeah its the yellow bar in the middle

It looks like a GCD bar. Have you got any cast bar addon?

yea if u use quartz its the swing timer u can addjust it in your interface options and then go to addons u probably know what i mean.. and then u just click on the + on quartz and then u will find swing timer pretty easily! i hope this was anyhelp and sorry for my bad english

That is the swing timer of quartz , you may have accidentally turned it on , you can turn it off in the quartz options menu.

I dont have quartz installed

Look, im not trying to flame you, call you a nub/tard or other insulting name or term but why in the world would you ever need to use CLCret... We have like six buttons to push its not hard, why do you need or use this? Its a most a waste of memory, and at worst will lower your stock in the ret community.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

I raid lead, so Im tracking a lot of things on HLK and it's nice to not have to stare at my action bars

Also addons:

Atlasloot
    DBM
    Recount
    Omen
    EPGP Loot
    EPGP
    Gladius
    Mapster
    PallyPower
    MSBT
    CLCRET
    WIM
    Xperl

---------- Post added 2010-07-15 at 10:58 PM ----------

I raid lead, so Im tracking a lot of things on HLK and it's nice to not have to stare at my action bars

Also addons:

Atlasloot
    DBM
    Recount
    Omen
    EPGP Loot
    EPGP
    Gladius
    Mapster
    PallyPower
    MSBT
    CLCRET
    WIM
    Xperl

None of those addons as far as I can see would be responsible for such a bar.
    It certainly appears to be some sort of swing or gcd timer, neither of which any of those listed addons would be responsible for creating.
    Try checking at your character selection screen as to which addons are listed/enabled to be sure you don't have quartz or another castbar.
    If you can, then try /framestack - and hover the mouse over that when it appears.
    If you can make out any names from that, it may help identify it.
    Toggle it off with the same command repeated.

Quote Originally Posted by Munk View Post
    Look, im not trying to flame you, call you a nub/tard or other insulting name or term but why in the world would you ever need to use CLCret... We have like six buttons to push its not hard, why do you need or use this? Its a most a waste of memory, and at worst will lower your stock in the ret community.
    CLCRet helps to MAXIMIZE your DPS. If you want to get by just doing "OK" dps and not "Maximum potential", then feel free to not use a dps aid.

So all I need to do is get the bar to pop up, type /framestack, and hover over it with my mouse

Because some people aren't using it for the "rotation" display.
    It's used by some people for maximizing the dps since it tells you which ability is faster off cd, without this you can pick the "worse" one, (or it's just me thats not aware of addons which track miliseconds) which results in a dps loss, small but loss is a loss!

Not to get the bar to pop up no.
    What framestack does it toggle a display that shows the names of frames the mouse is currently over.
    So what I meant was while the framestack display is active, try to hover the mouse over where that bar appears, and try to get the name of it when it is displayed.
    If that bar is displayed for as short a time as I think it is, I understand that might not be easy.

It's gone, apparently CLCret has a swing bar, still dont know how i turned it on..

It's the swing timer. Do you have the alpha installed? The alpha version tracks ICD's so that's why I suggest getting it, but it also comes standard with a swing timer enabled. You can disable it in the settings under "swing timer".

---------- Post added 2010-07-15 at 11:33 PM ----------

To answer this, it's a bigger DPS increase than looking at your bars and makes you play smarter by allocating the needed information near the center of your screen so you're not looking back and forth from your bars and you feet. It's widely accepted in the ret community and you're actually frowned upon if you don't use it in a raid setting.

I looked on the curse page for CLCRet and found no mention of that timer, but then again I have never used the addon.
    Due to lack of the mention there, it was a reasonable assumption and from the very close resemblence that quartz or similar was responsible.
    Either way glad its sorted.

This is the one most progression raiders have been using, and the swing timer is automatically turned on with it:

http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/clcret/files/239-r136/

But it looks like he put out a new release. I'll try it out tonight!

Yeah i recently updated CLCret, so that may have been why also, but idk