Arena 3s the same again?

To start it out: this is in no way a QQ post or anything of the sort, maybe i am even wrong. (Wow the OP can be wrong without being a troll? :O)

Anyways, I was just wondering if in 3s arena it will be RMP as the major comp again.

Wasn't it this way in TBC? I know that there are a lot of RMP (Rogue, Mage and Priest) teams now in Wotlk so why would they give mages a bloodlust/heroism and rogues an aoe shield (I know it isn't a shield but hopefully you realize what i am getting at)?

To add more utility within the classes. Obviously - Doesn't this seem like it will make this comp OP?

*I don't pvp much so obviously i don't know a lot about compositions. So please let me know what you think.*

Leave feedback, tell me what you think and please don't just hate. I am just looking for an explanation or a reason for why they would buff an already very popular and strong comp.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

RMP will be weaker than it was in TBC, but stronger than it was in WotLK. A Warlock/Hunter/healer team will make their lives extremely difficult, and I predict Lock/Hunter/healer to be THE comp in Cata. We'll have to see though.

You can't possibly make any of these statements atm perhaps rogues survivability will suck balls now when they're trying to make them less stunn dependant or maybe mages damage will be undertuned as fck.

I predict that it won't be the damage in Cata, but the extreme amount of control through CC's and silences/interrupts. Imagine with smoke bomb, sheep, fear, mind control, blind, sap, stuns, etc... If they set it up perfectly, they will get a kill no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellin View Post
    I predict that it won't be the damage in Cata, but the extreme amount of control through CC's and silences/interrupts. Imagine with smoke bomb, sheep, fear, mind control, blind, sap, stuns, etc... If they set it up perfectly, they will get a kill no matter what.
    That is exactly what i'm saying. With a bloodlust/heroism while ccing one person....yeah.

Also the mages frost wall ability ***MIGHT*** cut off line of sight...or it could just be good for blocking vision. :P

And thanks for the feedback about Hunter/Warlock/Healer.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I think that pally/hunter/resto sham will do good in catty IMO. But we will have to wait till caty cmes out and see how it will be. Yes rmp looks op but we shall see. Other comps might counter it so yeah. You never know what to expect.

Well seeing RMP isnt the major comp anymore, id imagine it wont be in cata either. Im sure it will be a strong contender.

Spellcleave is the best comp now, followed by beastcleave, then RMP.

---------- Post added 2010-07-16 at 10:36 PM ----------

I predict that it won't be the damage in Cata, but the extreme amount of control through CC's and silences/interrupts. Imagine with smoke bomb, sheep, fear, mind control, blind, sap, stuns, etc... If they outplay their oppenent, they will get a kill no matter what.
    Fixt, saying exactly the same thing with different words.

EDIT: They were saying something about nerfing CCs if they became to powerful, so make sure to take that into consideration since RMP is a control comp, that would hurt them badly.
    Last edited by Vongimi; 2010-07-16 at 10:38 PM.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

I'm pretty sure we will be seeing rogue/ret(or prot)/priest. Smoke cloud could do much for this comp, then again for many comps too

They should just delete arena and admit they made a terrible mistake.

Well rated BGs should be interesting at least.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VonGimli View Post
    Well seeing RMP isnt the major comp anymore, id imagine it wont be in cata either. Im sure it will be a strong contender.

Spellcleave is the best comp now, followed by beastcleave, then RMP.[COLOR="red"]
    Wrong.

African Turtle Cleave is the best one out there. In almost all battle groups.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

I hope African Turtle stays, I love playing it.

What the hell is an African turtle cleave?
    Nobody is perfect. I am nobody. I am perfect.

What the hell is an African turtle cleave?
    Prot Warrior Hunter Healer

The reason why RMPS is doing so well is becouse they can CC the healer until something dies or they can CC a peeler or w/e long enough for the healer to die. With the increased health and reduced burst RMP might become crap. no one knows.

There is no such thing as "the best comp" every comp counters something and every comp is countered by something. That being said, if there was a best comp, african turtle would not even come close. The highest rated on the only BG that matters, BG9, isn't even 2700. Everything below that is 2400 or lower. WLD, RLD, LSD dispel cleave and many other comps are capable of much higher ratings and are played at 2800+. If I had to vote for the closest to best comp, I would probably say LSD. No skill required whatsoever from the shaman is needed, as proved by Cirranis getting 3k.

ATC does so well because it can wreck a lot of spell cleave teams, and seeing how every bg is crawling with spell cleave, it does well. RLS, RLD, MLD, WLD, RPS are all very strong. I am more annoyed facing these comps currently than any pmr. Haste is making arenas painful, and more classes having lust is going to be annoying, but we'll see how it plays out.

and arenas wasnt a mistake, its one of the few ways to portray any type of actual skill.