Thread: Tanking in Cata

Tanking in Cata

I know the changes to stats and defense through talents or spells, but I havent seen any blue posts on the wow forums on what tanking will be like come 4.0.

From what Ive seen, health will be increased by a lot once you get quest greens from 78-82, heals will have to be smart and be conservative with their mana, and CC will be needed. Is that essentially all that has changed as a tank? Im sure I wont be able to keep my 969 rotation, but Im not worried so much about my rotation at the moment, rather than how different they are.

Is Cataclysm going to be more like later BC instances (Steamvault, Shattered Halls, those instances you can go in at from 67-75 in LFD)? Hopefully theyll be a mix of something like Azjol-Nerub, nice, short and quick, with a touch of the difficulty like Halls of Reflection.

Anyone able to give me some insight?

well im guessing your a paladin yes ? the rotation will be different for us it look slike there will be different rotations for aoe and single target which is cool nice to mix it up a bit. i would imagine we wont be so easy to play and require atleast some skill to play. but yea from the beta videos it looks like it will be mor elike bc dungeons not wrath which is good. however this is not set in stone so its too early to tell. remember what blizz says is not always what we end up with.

In Burning Crusade a lot of crowd control was used because non-paladin tanks didn't have proper tools to tank big packs of mobs (swipe and thunder clap being target-capped), which is now fixed. Not always the case, of course, just a crude generalization.

In Cataclysm I expect mobs with nasty abilities (such as fear, mortal strike, stuns, silences, stacking debuffs, or high party damage) being controlled, until you start getting raid level gear, just like it should be, in my opinion.

Kind of like the bosses in HoR, PoS, and FoS?
    Those mechanics were good. Challenging and short. Easier once you overgear it, but still hard enough so its not aoe faceroll (which its becoming, the closer we get to cata)