Thread: -Inception-

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Thumbs up -Inception-

Wow. My description of this film won't do it justice.

Morgan Freeman narrating Shakespeare's, Robert Frost's, Kubrick's, and Tolkien's description of this movie would only do this justice! Yes, it is that good.

Ok, maybe I exaggerated a little bit. It's still fucking amazing though. There were times where I forgot to breathe, it was that captivating. It's acting was great, not exceptional. What really blows you away is the screen play adaptation and the cinematography. Best movie hands down I have seen since No Country for Old Men. It probably even tops this. I wouldn't rank this in my top 5...top 10 definitely.

Only sort of info I'll give to the people that haven't seen it is: It's like Memento, Fight Club, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and Matrix all mixed into one, great idea. Go see it!

I just wish Ellen had a more feminine body. Unless you are looking in the face, you can't tell Ellen, Leo, or Cobra Commander apart.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I just wish Ellen had a more feminine body. Unless you are looking in the face, you can't tell Ellen, Leo, or Cobra Commander apart.
    She's tiny (154cm). A more feminine body (curvier) would look odd. I like just the way she is tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Foosha View Post

Morgan Freeman narrating Shakespeare's, Robert Frost's, Kubrick's, and Tolkien's description of this movie would only do this justice!
    I just imagined that... brb changing pants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

Anyone else notice the unintentional [or was it?] similarities between this movie and an MMORPG?

I won't mention any of the details, but it was definitely something that I picked up on and had a good chuckle when mentioning it a friend of mine.

Deleted
    One of the best films I have seen in a long time (and im a massive movie geek). Chris Nolan is a genius and I wont be surprised if he doesn't get nominated for best directer at the oscars for this fantastic film
    Wont give any clues about the story nor a proper review, just go see this movie.

84% of critics said it was fresh, and their reviews were averaged at 8.2 out of 10.
    http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/inception/

I went and saw it, and had a blast. One of the few movies out there that does not treat you like a idiot, and had some imagination to it.

RottenTomatoes and IMDB suck...I posted this huge post about it, but it didn't want to post and then deleted from the screen. The just of it was Mad Max 2 is on RT's top films, and Jaws is ranked above 12 Angry Men. Why would you trust a site like that?

IMDB has Inception outranking Godfather 1 and 2, and soon to be Shawshank Redemption! Along with other notables like Pulp Fiction and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Inception IS NOT BETTER THAN THOSE MOVIES!!!!!!!

Damn... I wanna see this movie already, but it premieres here only at 22nd of July... Thursday is so far. >.<

Deleted
    RottenTomatoes and IMDB suck...I posted this huge post about it, but it didn't want to post and then deleted from the screen. The just of it was Mad Max 2 is on RT's top films, and Jaws is ranked above 12 Angry Men. Why would you trust a site like that?

IMDB has Inception outranking Godfather 1 and 2, and soon to be Shawshank Redemption! Along with other notables like Pulp Fiction and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Inception IS NOT BETTER THAN THOSE MOVIES!!!!!!!
    You're wrong, it's people who rank the movies, not IMDB and that doesn't make the site suck. Also the fact that there are most voters on IMDB makes it more reliable guideline than other movie critic sites.

And there's not enough votes yet to make a conclusion, there's only about 20 000 votes for inception.. out of the several hundreds of thousands of votes some movies have. And by the way, top 250 list is only affected by regular voters so random spam doesn't make it go up or down.

Quote Originally Posted by meroosher View Post
    Damn... I wanna see this movie already, but it premieres here only at 22nd of July... Thursday is so far. >.<
    This. This. This. This. This. I've been waiting all week... still 3 days away =(
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

I really enjoyed it. I went to watch it without really knowing what it was about on Opening day. I was thrilled the entire movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    You're wrong, it's people who rank the movies, not IMDB and that doesn't make the site suck. Also the fact that there are most voters on IMDB makes it more reliable guideline than other movie critic sites.

And there's not enough votes yet to make a conclusion, there's only about 20 000 votes for inception.. out of the several hundreds of thousands of votes some movies have. And by the way, top 250 list is only affected by regular voters so random spam doesn't make it go up or down.

The whole point of IMDB is the voting, and who makes the voting? Obviously the people or (regular voters) which can be anyone from Mr. Smith to Obama. So connecting the dots from my previous post here, if IMDB sucks, the people, do indeed suck. Also, there are Top 250 movies there that have sub 100,000 votes, and Inception is already 3rd. Look at Avatar: #108. Sure the movie had awesome cinematography, great music and ofcourse the special effects, but the acting was so-so at best, and the writing was pretty bad... Looking, oh look No Country for Old Men is #116, which for anyone who has seen the movie it was far, far better than Avatar in almost every way.

The problem with IMDB is the people. They are distorted by hype, a name, a certain actor, or director and so forth. The fact that Inception got to #3 after 4 days since its release...could it be more obvious? It's a great site and has very useful information, I'll give it that. Now combining Rotten Tomatoes with IMDB, that would be a useful site, with a fairly accurate overall review.

Deleted
    The whole point of IMDB is the voting, and who makes the voting? Obviously the people or (regular voters) which can be anyone from Mr. Smith to Obama. So connecting the dots from my previous post here, if IMDB sucks, the people, do indeed suck. Also, there are Top 250 movies there that have sub 100,000 votes, and Inception is already 3rd. Look at Avatar: #108. Sure the movie had awesome cinematography, great music and ofcourse the special effects, but the acting was so-so at best, and the writing was pretty bad... Looking, oh look No Country for Old Men is #116, which for anyone who has seen the movie it was far, far better than Avatar in almost every way.

The problem with IMDB is the people. They are distorted by hype, a name, a certain actor, or director and so forth. The fact that Inception got to #3 after 4 days since its release...could it be more obvious? It's a great site and has very useful information, I'll give it that. Now combining Rotten Tomatoes with IMDB, that would be a useful site, with a fairly accurate overall review.
    But the thing is that it's merely your opinion, and the general opinion says otherwise.

And Avatar was an excellent drama movie with a great story. People who mistook it for just special effects lump just can't see / don't like the beautiful drama behind it. Anyway, when I see movies in top 250 list I usually take it as a guideline, I don't consider movies better if they are a few slots higher than the others. In fact, I think the 250th movie is quite close to the top 1-3 movies.

And I haven't seen Inception yet, but I can't possibly be better movie than the Lord of The Rings trilogy.
    Last edited by mmocf0c1a2ac32; 2010-07-20 at 07:37 AM.

And I haven't seen Inception yet, but I can't possibly be better movie than the Lord of The Rings trilogy.
    I'd say it's just as good, but on a different level since they're two totally different types of movies.
    It was a brilliant film, and the end will have people debating the entire movie for months.

Deleted
    This film is one them films, you just can't take your eyes off when watching!
    Christopher Nolan is a brilliant Director. (For those who haven't watch Memento by him its just as amazing.
    Inception for me is the best film this year so far!
    Tom Hardy is fantastic in it as well which is always a bonus!

15+ Year Old Account
    Great movie, and defiantly going to see it again, had the pleasure of watching it on the Imax, and wow some of the scenes were just breathtaking. I would recommend this movie to anyone that is tired of the same ol "check your brain in at the door" type movies. A film with a story, a film that will make you think, and a film that will have you talking afterwards, i cant even talk about the story or anything without giving too much away, just go see it.

SPOILER: Side note, is it me or was this Titanic 2? (espically the ending)/SPOILER

This movie was amazing, went to see it with my girlfriend, the plot is new and refreshing, not like other movies with the same ideas but a more futuristic version of a movie.

Overall I would put this up as one of my top 10 favorite movies by far, acting was amazing, storyline was amazing, and characters were amazing.

Deleted
    after this movie i just want to play more wow

After reading alot of the interpretations of the movie/ending, I want to see it again in a week or two just to refocus on a few things.