Deleted

41 points ?? or did i miss something?

Is that all the points you get at lvl 85? (Im not sure, but it was mentioned that its for a lvl 50)
    With all the "what specs will you have going on and beta testing", will that be all of the points?
    i'm confused : / or are they limiting information for now?

Someone plz tell me thats not the case and that there will be 76 to play around with....

Yea 41 points is all your getting in cata

1 point per 2 levels from level 10

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    You will have 41 points at 85. In case you haven't noticed the trees also did get smaller which justifies this reduction in talent points.

The reason its set for lvl 50 is, in live you got 41 points at lvl 50, and they havent updated wowtal.com to not give 1 point per level.. At lvl 85 you will have 41 points.
    Enhancement Shaman, Kalokagathós, Burning Steppes-EU
    Death is a gift, Life is just the paper wrapped around it.

To clarify, you get 1 talent point per 2 levels from 10 to 80. 81-85 gives you 1 talent point per level.
    80-10 = 70 / 2 = 35. Add 1 because it's inclusive starting at 10. 36, + 5 for 81-85.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhigo View Post
    Yea 41 points is all your getting in cata

1 point per 2 levels from level 10
    It's not 1 point every 2 levels from level 10. It's a constant 1 point every 2 levels.

If it started from level 10 that would only give you 37 points by the time you got to level 84.

Well that was the plan at one point. Talent points on Odd levels (3,5,7,9 etc) skills on even level (2,4,6,8) So it basically alternated skill/talent/skill/talent/skill/talent/skill.

To clarify, you get 1 talent point per 2 levels from 10 to 80. 81-85 gives you 1 talent point per level.
    80-10 = 70 / 2 = 35. Add 1 because it's inclusive starting at 10. 36, + 5 for 81-85.
    That works too i guess.
    Last edited by Cernunnos; 2010-07-16 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyren View Post
    Good to see Blizz making the new system easier for new players ...
    Nobody seems to know ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ciros View Post
    Is that all the points you get at lvl 85? (Im not sure, but it was mentioned that its for a lvl 50)
    With all the "what specs will you have going on and beta testing", will that be all of the points?
    i'm confused : / or are they limiting information for now?

Someone plz tell me thats not the case and that there will be 76 to play around with....
    Under which rock have you been living lately?
    /Zetsumei

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    It's not 1 point every 2 levels from level 10. It's a constant 1 point every 2 levels.

If it started from level 10 that would only give you 37 points by the time you got to level 84.

Well that was the plan at one point. Talent points on Odd levels (3,5,7,9 etc) skills on even level (2,4,6,8) So it basically alternated skill/talent/skill/talent/skill/talent/skill.

That works too i guess.
    Talent Trees "Primary Skills"
    These skills are automatically learned when you pick your main talent tree at level 10.
    Talents are still gained only at level 10, where you learn your new tree and then are granted your Primary Skills for that tree.

Deleted
    Thanks for clearing that up.

Did see the talent trees before but was'nt sure. Somehow feels diversity and fun will be reduced.

Why are they making it 'easier' ? They already have 10~ million players who should know the game up to

an average standard and by simplifying the game more its only gona make the game lastability worse.

I can just WoW going down hill after the expansion. 2 new races and some different terrain wont save

the game, not to mention most races will be able to choose almost all clases, thats just rediculous.

This just feels like there's less choice and more restrictions.

I'm sorry, but plz tell, from what we've seen so far which talents will be fun that are'nt already?

---------- Post added 2010-07-16 at 11:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsumei View Post
    Did that make you feel better?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyren View Post
    Wonder if you took that from me or figured it out yourself :P

For OP the specs going around is not the beta testing specs seeing how you are limited to level 83 atm so they can't use all the 41 points yet ;P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zetsumei View Post

Deleted

Did see the talent trees before but was'nt sure. Somehow feels diversity and fun will be reduced.

Why are they making it 'easier' ? They already have 10~ million players who should know the game up to

an average standard and by simplifying the game more its only gona make the game lastability worse.

I can just WoW going down hill after the expansion. 2 new races and some different terrain wont save

the game, not to mention most races will be able to choose almost all clases, thats just rediculous.

I'm sorry, but plz tell, from what we've seen so far which talents will be fun that are'nt already?

Blizz has said that the talents aren't finished, but especially the Arcane tree. So don't worry about it yet until Blizz say the trees are closer to what they will look like at launch.

Also wtf is with the space after every line?! It makes what you write a lot worse to read.

Deleted
    Are you kidding? It was a valid question.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fysi View Post
    Also wtf is with the space after every line?! It makes what you write a lot worse to read.
    The screen im using atm is very small. Just made easier for me to see :/

---------- Post added 2010-07-16 at 12:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
    So was mine.

---------- Post added 2010-07-16 at 12:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
    So was mine.

Deleted

the underlined part doesn´t make sens.
    they aren´t making the game easier they make it better.
    wow won´t die, there are even ridiculous amount of ppl who don´t even like the game anymore and still play it.
    it´s not only 2new races and different terrain...you mention some of the big changes yourself.also there are tons of new quests/rewards/lore aspects etc.
    talents that aren´t fun are for example +1/2/3/4/5%crit and so on, gaining only 5%crit at during 5 lvls is just boringg.
    don´t be scared because something is changing
    Last edited by mmoc6d823f96e4; 2010-07-16 at 11:15 AM.

You get 42 points, but the 1 point is used to activate the initial tree meaning you get 41 talent points to spend. There ya go.