10+ Year Old Account

KgPanel & Dominos question

Hy,

I have two small questions.

- I have 2 sticky action bars with Dominos and they are hidden when the mouse is not hover. Is there a way that when the mouse is over a bar and so that this bar is shown that the over bar is also shown ?

- I was wondering if there is a way to make a bar fade in/out witch KgPanel.

Thanks

Deleted
    Didn't quite understand your first question. You have kgPanels as a background to your Dominos bar and want it to hide/show with the bar, right?
    If so, run /framestack to get the Dominos bar frame name, then "Parent" your kgPanel to it (simply enter the Frame name under Anchoring settings).

For your second question, kgPanels has the option to define scripts - however, you need to know LUA to create those. SetAlpha() would be the API to control what is generally called "fading".

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for you answer.

I didn't explain well my first question.

I have 2 bars that are hidden when the mouse is not over.

I want to have both bars shown when I put my mouse over one of the bar.

It has nothing to do with KgPanel.

Deleted
    Hmm, that's a tricky one. I never used Dominos, so I don't know if there is a setting for it. The only way I can imagine is hooking both SetAlpha functions and respectively adjusting the other...that would be complicated however. I'll look into it later if I have time.

I imagine it could be achieved in a similar fashion to how you do the pop out bars as used on the side of LUI (was it ?) where you click a kgPanels button which will then display a bar.
    Was a tutorial about showing how to do that for Bartender, with the dominos documentation on wowace I belive describing a similar setting for the alpha.

And actually kgPanels may prove to be a potential solution, with a hidden panel which a mouseover script to handle the toggling of both bars.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Dominos has the ability to link the shown/hidden status of bars that are "stickied" together. I'll pull up a screeny here for you in a couple of minutes.

the option is in the main dominos config - /dom. I believe it's the first checkbox.

---------- Post added 2010-07-16 at 12:25 PM ----------

Sorry, it's the 2nd option, "Docked bars inherit opacity," not the first.

It means that when you have 2 bars docked together via the stickybars, any opacity setting that affects one affects the other, from my reading of the setting on the Dominos page.

Last edited by Taryble; 2010-07-16 at 05:34 PM.

Deleted
    If its to complicated for you you can always switch to bartender ;P real easy to that with bartender. Just to check fade out and choose how much you want it to fade.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Arphendess, he's not having trouble with the fading - but he wants to have 2 bars that fade as if they were one bar. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I didn't see this option thank you for your answer

EDIT:
    @Treeston:

I have issu to answer the other post I don't know why so here are the numbers

For the right bar 13->24 and for the other 25->36