Horde/Alliance Hate

I don't understand people complaining about Alliance losing territory, or Horde having more lore or Varian being better than Garrosh or whatever.

"It's unfair on our side."

Who cares? Blizzard puts so much effort in to making thousands of new quests, why does it seam to me that most players only play one side. Missing out on just under half the quests. Which is a lot In my opinion.

"I can't play both factions I raid/pvp."

Doesn't make a difference at all. Raiding/PvP is almost exactly the same for both Horde and Alliance. So you only need to play one at max level. But when your main is Horde, why do you make a Horde alt and do Horde quests you've already done? Your missing out on a lot when you could just as easily make an Alliance alt instead.

It saddens me that there are Horde players out there who've been playing for years and have never leveled a human 1-30 through the 4 starting zones (Some of the best/most fun zones in the game in my opinion.) And It saddens me that I don't have a level 60+ Alliance character (yet) to do the Alliance equivalent of those Outland/Northrend quests which I enjoyed so much as Horde.

I can't see any reason to care about the balance in content between the two factions. We're all able to enjoy it all just the same.

Sure in PvP hating the other faction adds a bit of depth and fun to it. But the PvP is balanced between Horde/Alliance. Why must the community bring that hate into other parts of the game (like questing.) where there is no need for it.

Too long, didn't read : Play both sides.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the Alliance!!!

Horde smells lawl :P

Edit: OT I believe with everything I'm reading it's fairly even tbh...
    "The Tol'vir people must be really shy considering they don't ever speak to us.." -Zneebor LOL

Alliance is lame.

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

Started horde, switched to alliance as soon as my girlfriend started playing, switched back to horde with burning crusade. Have been horde ever since. No need to play anything else if you're already on the right side ;P

Started playing alliance, enjoyed it. Leveled multiple toons there, but always wanted to roll a big meanie tauren and orc.
    So after 2-3 years playing alliance i started leveling Horde, but i really really hate the barrens..
    Further is nice to experience both sides.

Tho i have the feeling Horde has more understanding in what they are doing (instances/raid/pvp) but that might be just me or my realm(s).

Taurens for burgers.
    Undeads for grave diggers.
    Orcs for exciting brainless box matches.
    Blood Elves to Argentina/Mexico.
    Trolls for...cant hate dem mons.

15+ Year Old Account
    As an Alliance, its not really that we lose it thats the problem, its the fact that every place that is "Enforced" in this expansion is either destroyed or taken over (at least, from sources so far).
    Not to mention how Andorhall gets taken by the Horde.

It seems a bit... strange...
    Dawwwwwww

have i mentioned the forums are acting retarded last couple of days.. so im sry for my double post.

edit: and now the double post is gone.. forum is messing me!

Deleted
    Afl :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Those honor less humans need to be wiped off the map... the rest of the alliance can stay...for now For the Horde!

You make a very good point, OP!
    Horde are superior to Alliance, thanks for pointing that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    Alliance is lame.
    Read your own sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat400 View Post
    or Horde having more lore
    the only lore horde get is the orc stuff relevant to warcraft 1/2/3 wars with humans and Thrall
    nothing about jungle trolls or tauren and blood elves is pretty much alliance race
    on the other hand you have huge bunch of text about night elves, humans, draenei and some about dwarves
    hope that was a joke..

Now, I strongly dislike alliance players
    immature, clueless, ignorant... Before blood elves, faction transfer and healers being really OP(most alliance are female and everybody roll their healer female.) horde were completely dominating alliance in battlegrounds and even though horde are less population wise they dominate arena charts even with alliance having the most OP human racial ever.

now this was before the time of wotlk dungeon tool
    levelling up as horde I met lots of intelligent skilled funny respectful people. Everybody on alliance side was either 12 year old cocky brat or someone that was really slow. In arathi basin rallying everybody to use tactics were answered with "stfu noob" or just silence in bg chat. Only time BG chat was in use was when someone would write "Let them win". In dungeons I was surprised at the amount of ninjas and griefers which came as a shock to me as it never happen horde side. Also due to the fact that I was getting free boosts everywhere(which lead me to believe alliance miss out on alot of skill practice. Doing a half ass job as a tank would be answered with lots of "good job", "I'm adding you to my friends list" and /whispers constantly "Can you come tank [X instance]

I am glad I am horde, even if we're carrying blood elves.

I like the Alliance because its epic. Pure and unadulterated epic.

I dont mind playing on my Horde character but i dont feel the "awesome vibe". I also strongly detest the egotism and hatred of the Alliance playerbase that the Horde has (that i've seen). Hated of the other faction itself is fine.

FOR THE ALLIANCE!
    Last edited by Krunk; 2010-07-16 at 04:09 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well,
    i play alliance, and ive got to admit, we're getting pounded on my battlegroup, and there's a lot of retards. everyone can screw up sometimes, but allys screw up big.
    But i cant help it, i dont want to be a cow or a corpse or something, i love my big eared 7ft smurf.

edit: also i remember an epic speech about the horde spoken by a 60yo guildie during vanilla: "what kind of races are those, overgrown frogs,necrophilliacs and charging bipedal cows that shoot lightning from their hooves, screw that"
    Last edited by Vitorog; 2010-07-16 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Theres the edit up there see!

15+ Year Old Account
    I leveled multiple characters on both sides. It's a matter of faction pride. I'm still and always will be Alliance. I'm slightly annoyed because most of the attention in terms of a dynamic story line seems to being put towards the Horde. Yeah we have little things.. we get to deal with Old Blanchy's death ( ) um.. Defias stuff I think.. and I suppose we're making a half assed effort to combat the Horde in the Barrens.

But it's annoying that the Horde seems to be Blizzards main priority in terms of story telling.. to the point where an obviously divided Horde dealing with political turmoil, can still make a large effort to gain territory with little trouble against the Alliance who in population, Technology and power is supposed to be bigger than the Horde.

People tend to forget the Horde isn't big. Lore-wise it's made up of a bunch of races who almost all fought extinction. The Tauren were almost wiped out by the Centaurs, The Orcs by humans, The Trolls by.. (hehe) murlocs. The Blood Elves by that whole magic deal and the Undead by everyone.

Lore-wise I don't think the Horde as a whole would be much larger than the humans. Remember they only formed less than 15 years ago? so it's not like they've had time to grow.

Quote Originally Posted by jealouspirate View Post
    Read your own sig.
    Not an opinion, studies have shown that Alliance is lame.

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    Not an opinion, studies have shown that Alliance is lame.
    [citation required]

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    I leveled multiple characters on both sides. It's a matter of faction pride. I'm still and always will be Alliance. I'm slightly annoyed because most of the attention in terms of a dynamic story line seems to being put towards the Horde. Yeah we have little things.. we get to deal with Old Blanchy's death ( ) um.. Defias stuff I think.. and I suppose we're making a half assed effort to combat the Horde in the Barrens.

But it's annoying that the Horde seems to be Blizzards main priority in terms of story telling.. to the point where an obviously divided Horde dealing with political turmoil, can still make a large effort to gain territory with little trouble against the Alliance who in population, Technology and power is supposed to be bigger than the Horde.

People tend to forget the Horde isn't big. Lore-wise it's made up of a bunch of races who almost all fought extinction. The Tauren were almost wiped out by the Centaurs, The Orcs by humans, The Trolls by.. (hehe) murlocs. The Blood Elves by that whole magic deal and the Undead by everyone.

Lore-wise I don't think the Horde as a whole would be much larger than the humans. Remember they only formed less than 15 years ago? so it's not like they've had time to grow.
    lorewsie Horde Alliance population relation is like around 600,000 to 800,000. The BE are the largest of the group with around 270-290,000. The Forsaken, Orcs, and Goblins right for second, third, and fourth and then the Tauren and finally the Trolls.

As for Alliance it goes Humans in first with a population of around 250-400,000. NE come in second followed by the Dwarves then Gnomes then finally Worgen and Dreanei are last with a small population like 1000-10,000.

Quote Originally Posted by psycon View Post
    Started playing alliance, enjoyed it. Leveled multiple toons there, but always wanted to roll a big meanie tauren and orc.
    So after 2-3 years playing alliance i started leveling Horde, but i really really hate the barrens..
    Further is nice to experience both sides.

Tho i have the feeling Horde has more understanding in what they are doing (instances/raid/pvp) but that might be just me or my realm(s).
    with that signature you should be playing critters
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ