Thread: kara in cata?

10+ Year Old Account

kara in cata?

wondered just now, will karazhan change/stay/.. in cata? anybody checked this?

10+ Year Old Account
    well i hope it will not become a lvl 85 raid instance... :/

Fury Warriors: GRAAWR IM SO DAMN MAD MY BLOOD FREAKIN RAGES. A WARLOCK! NEED TO KILL HIM, NEED TO SEE HIM DEAD!! RAAAAWRR WTF HE FEARED ME F*** I DONT CARE CUZ IM SO MAD MY RAGE BREAKS IT!! CHAAARGE OH WHAAT HE HURT ME?? DAMN THAT ENRAGES ME EVEN MORE RAAAWRR!! WTF NOW I RAGE SO HARD IT MAKES ME EVEN MORE MAD!! I BLEED BUT I DONT CARE CUZ IM SO FUCKIN MAD MY WOUNDS CLOSE THEMSELVES!! ..Ok now I'm somewhat calm again

10+ Year Old Account
    Traversing through The Luminiferous Aether.
    They have stated that NO instances or Raids will be removed from Cataclysm.
    Although many will have levels re-assigned to match the levels of the zone.
    (For Example they have already changed Stratholme from a level 60 to a level 40 instance, to match the level change in the zone to level 40-50)

10+ Year Old Account
    not quit right. if i saw right, ZG will be an open area and no longer an instanced raid

Both Karazhan and ZG (yes, instanced) are still there, at least in the beta. I see no reason why they should remove them either?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chelmo View Post
    not quit right. if i saw right, ZG will be an open area and no longer an instanced raid
    Source?

Quote Originally Posted by KhameleonN View Post
    Source?
    TankSpot's zone prezentation of Stranglethorn (youtubecom/zamofficial). It's nothing 100% sure though as yet.[COLOR="red"]

Honestly i hope for Karazhan to become some kind of Gilnean place. It's just fits in their style(Victorian). Btw. If blizzard said that the whole old world is gonna change i think they won't leave karazhan in a ''time stuck''.

I doubt Kara will be changed, but I wonder if Blizz plans to add anything to the zone. Currently it serves no real purpose other than to house Karazhan.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajectod View Post
    TankSpot's zone prezentation of Stranglethorn (youtubecom/zamofficial). It's nothing 100% sure though as yet.[COLOR="red"]
    you can fly over it and land inside no npcs available yet it is still a raid instance you can ZONE in and thus face the npcs but you cant just fly over the wall land and kill the npcs cause without zoning in there is nothing there but the buildings/ground/water et al...

THEY ARE NOT BEING REMOVED. You can get into ZG insanely easy already. Would you rather they just didn't show anything there and have it look stupid or put up a "fake" instance in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Traversing through The Luminiferous Aether.
    Quote Originally Posted by chelmo View Post
    The source is from multiple videos, so far Stranglethorn vale has been covered by BluePLZ, TankSpot and I think OMFGCATA (not so sure about OMFGCATA)
    Whilst it is true that the place is empty if you fly over it (and into it for that matter) , the instance is still there.

Heck in TBC, you could fly into bits of Hell-fire Ramparts that normally would contain bosses in the instanced version, and they would be completely empty.
    Last edited by GeorgeParty; 2010-07-16 at 08:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Worgen do not receive their own capital, maybe Kara could serve as it.

Just an idea, I think it'd be cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    thanks, my question was answered, the instanceportal will still be there ..

the occulus exists as an instance and the landmarks that comprise it exist in the open world too.

Zul'Farrak and Zul'Gurrub have allways existed in the open world but have been inaccesible aside from their instanced versions. Flying has only given you the ability to see outdoor instances exist on the world map.

Why would seeing that they exist and the instance portal isnt a magic portal to a place that doesnt exist on the world map make you assume they are being removed?.

Quote Originally Posted by KhameleonN View Post
    Source?
    Nvm

15+ Year Old Account
    it would be nice if they changed all old-school raids to include options to run them as a 5-man dungeon.

Currently all the older raid content is totally useless. At least let people use it to level or something!
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster
    Generally it is not the "hardcore" players whining about these changes, they are just enjoying the hard mode content etc and most of them couldn't give a rat's ass about who wears what kind of epic gear.

The whiners are usually little scrubs that want to sound "cool" to other little scrubs, so they claim they have cleared everyting and how "zomg easy" it was, while in reality they are usually still stuck on their blue/naxx10 geared characters, with no gems and enchants on their gear and no clue how to play their class.