What Blizzard should have done with Cataclysm IMO

Cataclysm as we all know if Blizzard's next expansion. We know rebuilding the entire old continents must have been a daunting task. New races, new trade skills, new levels and quests, and new spells are always welcome, but I feel Blizzard could've done more with this expansion. The fact of the matter is that WoW is feeling rather long in the tooth at this point and here are some things I think Blizzard should have done to "reinvigorate" the game:

1. Release a high resolution graphics pack - Everquest did it so why can't WoW? We know WoW's art style is cartoony, but at this point, it's really, painfully looks like a 6 year old game. Now I know Blizzard wants to keep the system requirements low to appeal to it's huge userbase, however, a high rez graphics pack would've been a very welcome addition for those of us with beefier computer.

2. Hero/Arch classes - I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but instead of giving us 5 pointless levels, how about making them mean something. The addition of arch classes was huge for other RPG expansions, so why not WoW? Some new ways to play your character would ensure even greater longevity for the game.

3. Bring back true world PVP - give us some real incentive for wanting to kill the other factions. Put the "massive" back in to PVP. I know they are revamping the battleground system but giving players more incentives to keep a particular territory, while balancing out some of the server populations, would be huge.

In the end, I just fear that once we reach level 85, Cataclysm is going to feel like just more of the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Granpa View Post
    Cataclysm as we all know if Blizzard's next expansion. We know rebuilding the entire old continents must have been a daunting task. New races, new trade skills, new levels and quests, and new spells are always welcome, but I feel Blizzard could've done more with this expansion. The fact of the matter is that WoW is feeling rather long in the tooth at this point and here are some things I think Blizzard should have done to "reinvigorate" the game:

1. Release a high resolution graphics pack - Everquest did it so why can't WoW? We know WoW's art style is cartoony, but at this point, it's really, painfully looks like a 6 year old game. Now I know Blizzard wants to keep the system requirements low to appeal to it's huge userbase, however, a high rez graphics pack would've been a very welcome addition for those of us with beefier computer.

2. Hero/Arch classes - I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but instead of giving us 5 pointless levels, how about making them mean something. The addition of arch classes was huge for other RPG expansions, so why not WoW? Some new ways to play your character would ensure even greater longevity for the game.

3. Bring back true world PVP - give us some real incentive for wanting to kill the other factions. Put the "massive" back in to PVP. I know they are revamping the battleground system but giving players more incentives to keep a particular territory, while balancing out some of the server populations, would be huge.

In the end, I just fear that once we reach level 85, Cataclysm is going to feel like just more of the same.
    I think blizzard need to really work on the end of expansion gameplay. Wow to me right now is just insanely boring, as it was while i was waiting for WOTLK to be released, the main dissapointment is knowing im going to be bored as fcuk on wow for the next 2-3 months minimum.

They needed to draw out Wotlk's story line so Cataclysm was released maybe 1-2 month's after the last content patch (the LK)

perhaps adding Ajol Nerub raid, maybe a world event where the scourge went on the offensive. Perhaps a new battleground (other that IoC). Etc.

Adding high res pack while keeping the old one would virtually double the time needed to prepare the new content.

Or at least so I think , I'm not really into creating computer graphics.

1) Super Realism = Super hard to tell wtf is going on. I don't want World of Gears of Warcraft. The bright colors and sharp contrasts make the game easier on the eyes. All I can think that could be improved is the clipping plane. Be great to fly up from Booty Bay and see Stormwind way in the distance.

2) There's 10 classes presently, we don't really need any more. They're get another class or two eventually, but we've got all the bases covered at present, really. I -would- like to see more ways to improve a character beyond just gear, aka Alternate Advancement. That, however, is a tangent from Blizzard's design of WoW being more casual friendly, so I doubt it'll happen and if so, it'll be rather minor improvements.

3) The only way 'true' world PvP will occur is if they separate the PvP activity with the PvE.. otherwise it'll just be griefers and gankers.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. no, the cartoony style MAKES the world of warcraft we currently play.
    2. no, come with that idea when you have all classes lvl 80 (85) and have played every each spec at end-game.
    3. world pvp ftw, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    *punches ThunderBlunder in the face*

world pvp will never be back, because in order that to happen they have to remove tons of stuff which will be bad for the rest of the gameplay, except for world pvp itself

They should have made it hard.

Firstly here's an idea for you to reinvigorate the game. Stop playing for several months, it'll help.

Quote Originally Posted by Granpa View Post

They're already sort of doing this, everything new or redone is of a lot higher quality to TBC and older content. At the moment though a full scale revamp to every single model and texture is too much of a strain on resources for blizzard (and contrary to popular belief hiring a shit load of new developers to work on it is not a viable solution).

Blizzard is already dedicating huge resources into balancing the classes at the moment, adding any more is just going to increase their workload exponentially. If you're just talking about an extension to each class then, well, that's kind of an arbitrary addition. What you're talking about would essentially add new skills, mechanics, rotations etc. to the existing classes. Which is exactly what they're doing now.
    3. Bring back true world PVP - give us some real incentive for wanting to kill the other factions. Put the "massive" back in to PVP.
    True world pvp back in the day was just a load of 60's camping BRM or stranglethorn, ganking lowbies or people who were trying to get to an instance. On the few occasions that people did attack Southshore/Xroads they did it without any incentive, other than having fun and kicking ass.

I know they are revamping the battleground system but giving players more incentives to keep a particular territory, while balancing out some of the server populations, would be huge.

Do you remember Tabula Rasa? Territories were a god damned pain, imagine trying to hand in a quest or do some grinding, only to find the opposing faction has taken over and is teabagging your allies' corpses. With WoW's current world model, territories would be a mess, the only way I could see it working is if they released a few dedicated zones (like ongoing wintergrasps) for people to play in, but again, that's more work for them. Also balancing server populations would involve either separating players or merging servers (check the latest news on aion to see why that's not as good as it sounds) Just to finish:

If you want world pvp brought back to your server, do something about it! Organize battles, get the community involved, incite rivalry between the two factions. The only reason why large scale world pvp isn't as prolific is because people aren't engaging in it more.