[Suggestion] Raidwide Buff

Posted this on the official EU forums aswell, just figured I'd post it here aswell to get sum moar feedback (EU forums so dead!)
    So, as far as I know they want to somewhat keep the raidwide buff like they have in Icecrown Citadel now in Cataclysm aswell. So I came up with somewhat of an idea to not make it "ruin" the content.

Note: This is just an idea! No need to fla..nevermind! I'm not even gnna bother!

So the idea is, taking WotLK as an example, to increase the buff with 10% every time a new raid instance comes out with a content patch to a maximum of 10%.

Naxxramas was the first raid (ignoring OS and EoE). At first this raid will have 0% buff. Then in the next content patch Ulduar came out, the buff in Naxxramas will be increased to 10% in this patch and Ulduar will be at 0%. The patch after Ulduar, ToC came out, so the buff in Naxxramas will be increased to 20% and the one in Ulduar to 10%. Then Icecrown Citadel comes out, and well, I guess you understood the system now and you can figure out yourself what the buffs will be.

Lemme know what you think of this idea, this won't ruin content like it did in Icecrown Citadel right now (that's how I see it atleast, it just became to easy) but will still give the new players a boost to go through the content without to much trouble and keep up with the end game raiders eventually.

// Phine
    Bleh, not allowed to post a link to the official forum thread :<

Main problem with this is the gear, when you get to ICC getting gear is so easy (or early raid gear) that there is no need to go into naxx, and that will just make overgearing achievements like 'the undying' or 'the conquerer of ulduar' even easier because you would be overgeared for it and have a buff. What i'd like blizzard to do is give players a reason to turn the buff off if they can afford to, make the bosses drop 50% less emblems and 25% less loot if the buff is on, and make it able to toggle on and off meaning, on fights like the gunship simply turn the buff off to get more loot and emblems, and a fight like heroic lich king, turn the buff on.

I fail to see what this has to do with the ICC buff.

The ICC buff makes the last instance in the expansion easier, not the previous ones, like your idea would. The goal is to maximise the number of players that can see that last raid, which your proposal does not help with at all.

God this game is hard. I think we need more increasing buffs

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post

The ICC buff makes the last instance in the expansion easier, not the previous ones, like your idea would. The goal is to maximise the number of players that can see that last raid, which your proposal does not help with at all.
    Well, you could say that having people doing the previous tiers would help them gear up to the current one, increasing their chance of success. On the other hand, this is negated by having the previous tier purchasable with Hero Points, if they follow the current T9 availability.

Deleted
    The gear inflation already makes older content easier. Further nurfing it just makes it a complete faceroll that isn't necessary.

Instead of the stacking buff on the players, I'd recommend a stacking debuff on the Bosses. Every week reduces the damage done by his abilities and attacks, as well as his HP, by 1%. After 6 months, you'd be at -25%, similar to what we have now.

The advantage is that people won't feel weaker going into the next new tier of content. Or in the case of Cataclysm, Blizzard won't feel the need to double everyone's damage, just to compensate for the ICC buff.

I don't think they are doing it to compensate for the buff. After all, you automatically lose it upon leaving ICC, and it would affect a level 85 as well, so it's not actually changing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    Main problem with this is the gear, when you get to ICC getting gear is so easy (or early raid gear) that there is no need to go into naxx, and that will just make overgearing achievements like 'the undying' or 'the conquerer of ulduar' even easier because you would be overgeared for it and have a buff. What i'd like blizzard to do is give players a reason to turn the buff off if they can afford to, make the bosses drop 50% less emblems and 25% less loot if the buff is on, and make it able to toggle on and off meaning, on fights like the gunship simply turn the buff off to get more loot and emblems, and a fight like heroic lich king, turn the buff on.
    A quite similar reply I got on the official forums aswell.

i dont think that would be a great idea purely because as far as im aware of, hardly anyone raids naxx anymore and with all the great gear that we get from ICC and ToC and anything higher than naxx, why should it be made easier :L

on my server a decent geared person can do 7k dps in icc with the 25% buff easily so if that person went to naxx with the 30% buff ( because of the 3 patches ) they could probably solo dps it and it just isnt neccesary imo
    But the main reason noone does Naxx/Ulduar anymore is due to the badge system. Gear is way to easilly to obtain and thus noone has to go there anymore to get gear. I'm not entirely sure how they're gnna do that in Cataclysm but I'd like to see some changes there aswell tbh. I doubt it's their intention that new players can completely skip 70% of the content due to it being useless.
    About people comparing it with the current situation, ofcourse it will be overkill with how easy gear is to get nowadays. But if they make it so that you actually have to gear through "old" content to get to the latest content (aka no easy emblems farm through heroics to get the last tier gear etc) I'd say this is a fair way to allow players to not have to do old content for 3 months to finally progress further.

This whole idea is based on heroic gear staying the same quality and heroics emblems only giving the lowest tier of gear (a bit like how TBC used to be until one of the last patches). Kinda worded this weird, but I just suck at explaining properly! Live with it!

---------- Post added 2010-07-16 at 04:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post

As far as I've read (iirc) they want to start doing this for every raid instance over time in Cataclysm. I might have read this wrong but this is how I understood it. I just feel it's lame to give a buff in the raid instance that you should be progressing it, I feel that it ruins the content. People are like "ohwell, I guess we'll just wait 2 more weeks for the buff to be increased again, then we'll give it another try". It removes any effort that should be put into the game.
    Last edited by Forx; 2010-07-16 at 04:20 PM.