Thread: Just a typo?

Just a typo?

The warrior skills page lists Inner Rage as having the following effect: Whenever you achieve maximum Rage you enter an Enraged state, increasing damage caused by all abilities by 50% and increasing Rage cost by 15%. This effect is immediately cancelled when your Rage total drops below 30.

However, in the warrior class preview further down the page, Inner Rage is described as follows: Whenever the character reaches a full 100 Rage, he or she will gain a buff that causes attacks to consume 50% more Rage and do 15% more damage for a short amount of time.

So in the first one, we're doing 50% more damage and eating up 15% more rage; in the second one, we're doing 15% more damage and eating up 50% more rage.

I'm fairly certain that 50% more damage at a 15% rage cost is pretty OP, but I just want to make sure.

Also, is this enrage effect (whether it's 50% or 15%) going to apply to white hits too? The first description says it's applied to all abilities, while the second one says all damage.

50% would indeed be OP

"wait for 100 rage" Hit bladestorm for victory!

15+ Year Old Account
    it won't be 15% dmg. you should be rewarded for waiting for 100 rage. If it would be only 15%/15%, it wouldn't be a reward, it would be even worse to do so imho. so I'm sure it will be 50% more dmg for 15% more rage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post
    it won't be 15% dmg. you should be rewarded for waiting for 100 rage. If it would be only 15%/15%, it wouldn't be a reward, it would be even worse to do so imho. so I'm sure it will be 50% more dmg for 15% more rage.
    100% sure that you´re wrong

How could you really think it would be 50% more damage and 15% more rage? Ths talent should cancel if rage is below 30.

50% damage & 15% rage is a clear "keep this up or suck"-combination.
    15% damage and 50% more rage costs = "this will be active for only a short period"

Think once again. Which one makes more sense?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

it's not intended as a reward, rather as a way to make sure warriors don't have infinite rage but giving us a short buff to counter the rage loss. if it was too powerful we'd just do white damage until 100 rage then unleash every cooldown. and that would be a very bad design

Deleted
    I still think 20% more damage at 40% more rage-cost would be more in line. 15/50 just seems a little out of hand. you could almost drop below 30 rage using one ability.

I wonder how ling the buff lasts. I'd suspect roughly 6 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    How could you really think it would be 50% more damage and 15% more rage? Ths talent should cancel if rage is below 30.

50% damage & 15% rage is a clear "keep this up or suck"-combination.
    15% damage and 50% more rage costs = "this will be active for only a short period"

Think once again. Which one makes more sense?
    qft

i remember reading that they wanted to give us a slight buff when warriors hit max rage, but that its not necessary to keep it up. 50% dmg seems like something you would go out of your way to keep up, while 15% seems like a nice buff when you hit that mark but you dont always worry about having it.

I think it still needs to be tuned, since 15% more damage at 50% more rage cost would probably mean just what, one mortal strike and it's done? I think they want something a little looser to manage but still hard to keep up.

Thats exactly what they said the do NOT want, having warriors to stand around, waiting for 100 rage. It's supposed to be a bonus after getting some back to back white crits or rage from incoming damage.

I am on the beta atm, and I can confirm that Inner Rage = Whenever you achieve maximum Rage you enter an Enraged state, increasing damage caused by all abilities by 50% and increasing Rage cost by 15%. This effect is immediately cancelled when your Rage total drops below 30.

50% Damage by all abilities
    15% more Rage cost.

I think 15 and 50 should be 42 instead. Since everyone like 42

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    I think it still needs to be tuned, since 15% more damage at 50% more rage cost would probably mean just what, one mortal strike and it's done? I think they want something a little looser to manage but still hard to keep up.
    Yup, one MS (maybe one MS and one HS) and it's done. But hey, think closely. It's perfectly tuned. You will probably hit 100 rage a lot of times in a boss fights, so you're gonna hit this bonus a lot. You're gonna have to monitor this, so that you can time up perfectly your hard-hitting ability with it, even maybe a CD.

On the other hand, 50% damage increased with +15% rage cost ? It is SO unbalanced, you people cant see it ?

Defineitly NOT 50% damage increased. Waaaaaay too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Alianthos View Post
    On the other hand, 50% damage increased with +15% rage cost ? It is SO unbalanced, you people cant see it ?

Defineitly NOT 50% damage increased. Waaaaaay too high.
    I do agree with you, but I do have a beta access and Inner Rage is currently at 50% Damage and 15% Rage.

50% damage and 15% rage would be so fecking OP, currently one can stay above 30 rage all the time in raids

Quote Originally Posted by Cjeska View Post
    Thats exactly what they said the do NOT want, having warriors to stand around, waiting for 100 rage. It's supposed to be a bonus after getting some back to back white crits or rage from incoming damage.
    This is exactly what i have read.

Its only 50% more damage till you hit 30 rage. We are going to be balanced around an assumption of X uptime of it anyways, but it will FEEL cool, because every few hits, you will see your normal 15k crits hit for 22k.

With the removal of HS/Cleave as a spammable attack, this gives a more tangible and fun way to burn rage (Fewer big numbers vs spammed lower numbers.)