Thread: Holy Power

Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Holy Power

Q: What is the goal when re-designing the paladin class? How do you plan to change rotations, talents, etc?
    A. All of the paladin specializations will make use of a new resource called Holy Power. Holy Power accumulates from using Crusader Strike, Holy Shock, and some other talents. Holy Power can be consumed to augment a variety of abilities, including:

* An instant mana-free heal: Word of Glory
    * A buff to increase holy damage done: Inquisition
    * A massive physical melee attack for Retribution paladins: Templar’s Verdict
    * Holy Shield’s duration is now extended by Holy Power
    * Divine Storm’s damage is now increased by Holy Power

We also introduced several new heals for Holy Paladins including Healing Hands (an AoE heal-over-time that is applied to all players standing near the paladin), Light of Dawn (a cone heal with a 30-yard range), as well as a new heal called Divine Light, which is similar to a priest's Greater Heal, and the new instant heal mentioned above, Word of Glory.

damn this sounds awesome

Wont replace mana, one of the options is a mana free heal, so its probably another resource like soulshards for locks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I said this idea to a friend ages ago for a joke... apparently Blizz hears all

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn... that was just... DAMN!

I had to read it two-three times and i was still wondering if it was a joke from Blizz. Just didn't sound like them to call something Holy Power -.-

This means we get 4 new heals in Cata.
    CAN'T WAIT!!
    Summergale 85 Paladin - Holy/Prot dual specced.
    The Insane Progress:
    Steamweedle: Exalted (done: 999/1000)
    Bloodsail: Honored (done: 1618/12000)
    Darkmoon: Friendly (in progress: 275/6000)
    Ravenholdt: Revered (in progres: 4000/21000)

Overhauling paladin totally once again, i smell OP palas facerolling battlegrounds in 4.0
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    When i read this, i shat bricks! Really, i sat there doing that weird breathing-in-breathing-out-silenced-scream thing i tend to do when i read something awesome.
    Really looking forward to it (presumably, it'll replace mana?).

Damn... can they really make the class look like it's gonna get any more of a makeover? o_O
    If I had to guess, it'll either be another bar a bit like a warlock has a secondary resource cache or it will just be a number in a circle. 1-100 or something It doesn't seem like it'll be a mainstream resource ala mana, but rather something different to fall back on... I guess a bit like runic power. You generate it alongside doing your normal abilities and use it as you have it.

Sounds kinda like combo points to me. Except that you also get a passive bonus if you don't use them.

15+ Year Old Account
    When i read this, i shat bricks!

Ô,ôrly?
    i did too..
    Quote Originally Posted by Aramore View Post
    I said this idea to a friend ages ago for a joke... apparently Blizz hears all
    well thats been asked for since vanilla beta so you didnt invent the idea

This is exciting stuff!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ElitehunterDS View Post
    well thats been asked for since vanilla beta so you didnt invent the idea
    I thought I invented everything though... wasn't World of Warcraft my idea???

Rogues using both energy and combo points
    Death Knights using both runes and runic power
    Warlocks using both mana, and now the new soul shards
    Boomkins using both mana, and now the new eclipse
    Paladins using both mana, and now the new holy power

I'm seeing a trend here.

"Q: Can you give us a sneak peek at one or two of the new Retribution abilities or talents?
    A. Templar’s Verdict: An instant weapon attack that causes a percentage of weapon damage. Consumes all applications of Holy Power to increase damage dealt:

1 Holy Power: 55% Weapon Damage
    2 Holy Power: 125% Weapon Damage
    3 Holy Power: 225% Weapon Damage

Word of Glory: Consumes all Holy Power to heal a friendly target for a specific amount per application of Holy Power (0 mana cost, 0 cooldown, instant cast)."

Combo points it is!
    I don't think it'll quite be combo points, but a sort of runic power for the holy side (ie, scale of 0-100). There are certainly similarities (ie, Glyph of Death Strike, perhaps Glyph of Crusader Strike to follow suit) but with healing, there are bound to be plenty of differences. Nix that, looks like the scale won't quite go to 100.
    Last edited by Iselian; 2010-07-17 at 01:32 AM.
    I stream many games! WoW, SC2, TF2, old SNES games and mods, and many more! Find my stream here! I also upload many of my stream VODs and many offline recordings (usually of SC2 casts) to my YouTube, found here!. Follow, subscribe, and thanks!

0-100? i think it will be 1-3/5 because you could end up with 999999999% weapon damage from Templars verdict
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iselian View Post
    I don't think it'll quite be combo points, but a sort of runic power for the holy side (ie, scale of 0-100). There are certainly similarities (ie, Glyph of Death Strike, perhaps Glyph of Crusader Strike to follow suit) but with healing, there are bound to be plenty of differences. Nix that, looks like the scale won't quite go to 100.
    Yeh, if you had 225% Weapon damage at 3 points 100 points would be like 1,000,000% xD

Edit: I get the impression that if they are anything like combo points they will be self buffs rather than on the target as otherwise Holy would be screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aramore View Post
    Yeh, if you had 225% Weapon damage at 3 points 100 points would be like 1,000,000% xD
    i'd still want my interrupt

---------- Post added 2010-07-17 at 01:44 AM ----------

Q: Any word on that cosmetic Tree of Life Form glyph? Some players are sad to lose Tree of Life Form completely.
    A. The only new glyph we are ready to announce right now is the Glyph of Divine Shield, which reduces the cast time of your Hearthstone whenever Divine Shield is active.

WOOT

Holy Shit!
    Pun intended

*recovers from awesome powered pass out*
    /looks back at Holy Power
    /passout

Oh look, bricks everywhere..
    Mains:
    Paladin: Calphius
    Warlock: Caltorei
    Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion: destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    Sounds kinda like combo points to me. Except that you also get a passive bonus if you don't use them.
    zomg combo points are strikes!

more like holy runes imho, but maybe they fade out if not used, target dies etc..

F holy power i want Light of Dawn!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well after 5 years they finally gave us a secondary resource system and some variety in how we do our respective jobs, now we just have to pray they don't completely screw up balancing again.

I for one would finally like my main class to be balanced well and hopefully after 5 years they balance all the specs at least simi right or at least keep them in line with their counter parts from other classes.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Well I'd say Paladins got the biggest announcement in this chat. I doubt it'll be as game-changing as the mana->focus conversion or the new soul shard system, but it'll still make playing Paladins much more interesting and dynamic.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.