Thread: Throwdown!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I approve on this ability.

Gimme...
    & while your at it throw in a 50 ft riceball of death named joe as a vanity pet please.

Great! More ways to make the Warrior look epic. Now all I need is a Tri-spec
    "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes unto the Father, but by me." - Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by Gps View Post
    Q: What do you think warriors will be more unique for in PvP now that Mortal Strike is available to other classes and reduced to 20%?
    A. We don’t think warriors need a unique ability that is so awesome that you just have to have a warrior on your Arena team. That is bad mojo for all the other classes. We do want warriors to be useful in PvP, however. One ability we are trying out for Arms is "Throwdown," which lets them knock an opponent to the ground for five seconds. Since it’s usable in Battle Stance, they can also use it as a Pummel in a pinch.

I hope this goes live!
    So you hope the "major" nerf goes live????

Quote Originally Posted by warlesswarrior View Post
    So you hope the "major" nerf goes live????
    WARRIOR GETS NEW ABILITY...WHAT A NERF!!!!!!

No idea of what you just said right :-( ?

Is it an interrupt?

This may be a stupid question, but will Throwdown work as an actual interrupt like shield bash or pummel? Are we really going to get a spell-interrupt we can use in battle stance without a macro? If so, I might just cry a single tear of joy.

For now it sounds kinda like the Rolling throw that the warrior NPC have in Trial of the Champion

to answer what a knockdown is... watch this video 35 sec in it shows what knockdowns are. i know its a shaman vid but earthquake has a chance to knockdown
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZt3QvGtXDk

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    What moonkins and elemental shammies do is knockBACK, "throwdown" (also implied by the name) is a knockDOWN
    Typhoon and Thunderstorm are knockBACKS yes,
    but i was refereing to Starsurge and Earthquake, which are knockDOWN effects.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

With this change there will be literally no reason to play a warrior if you're interested in pvp. With MS given in a form or another to all classes, which also happen to have more utility and survivability ( as they were balanced around the lack of MS ), warriors will in pvp will be just run of the mill gimps.

Unless, ofc, the devs give warrior more survivability to make up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anth3m View Post
    Knockdown effects still confuse me slightly. If you're knocked down for 5 seconds, are you able to trinket out of it?
    Strictly speculation on my behalf, but I would say yes. You can trinket being stunned/cloned/blinded ect so I don't see how getting knock on yo ass would be any differnt.

And basing it also on the pvp trinket tooltip its says somthing along the lines of 'anything that makes you loose control of your charcter'

I can see how this is kinda a grey area becuase you'll kinda just be sitting on the ground.
    ALL DAY SON ALLLLLLLLLLLLL DAY.

Concerning the "OMG 5 second knockdown and I'm dead" worries, the health pools will be big enough for that not to happen. Currently, on the beta, at the 83 cap, clothies are at around 60k hp unbuffed. Unless its 5 on 1, a 60k burn in 5 seconds isn't going to happen.

15+ Year Old Account
    Tauren warriors throwdown on a gnome....bur.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Tauren warriors throwdown on a gnome....bur.
    Gnome Warriors throwing Tauren down...

Disarming glare was fairly unbalanced... Throwdown seems much, much better. The CC PvP warriors were looking for, basically.

Throwdown looks like fun!

Charge healer, Throwdown healer behind pillar, intercept kill target, Profit!

Now to decide whether to drop the prot or fury spec...

Quote Originally Posted by Alianthos View Post
    The CC PvP warriors were looking for, basically.
    kinda ya, kinda nah.

its just a 5 sec stun, (nice change no doubt!) but I wouldnt really call that CC. Its a undispellable HoJ, basically a Conc Blow.

But not what I would call CC, such as charm, poly, cyclone, ect. recastable, spammable CC

wonder what the CD on it will be, I'd guess 1min + ... hopefully it is useable in all stances.

just give us pummle in Battle stance blizz, its that EZ .. oh Phowl back too plz!
    ALL DAY SON ALLLLLLLLLLLLL DAY.