Thread: Piercing shots

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirahadori View Post
    I'm actually disappointed that they even decided on possibly removing Piercing Shots. It's such a staple mechanic of Marksmanship. It actually changes the rotation up, which not many other talents do. That, and the fact it's basically our ignite is cool.
    Ugh. The talent could say "Increases the critical strike damage of your Aimed, Steady, and Chimera Shots by 30%" and you'd never know the difference. It's a boring, passive talent.

Are you sure the new PS damage adds to the previous one?

Correct me if I'm wrong but if you hit an Aimed Shot for 10k. It will bleed for 3k for 8 seconds. If you then hit it with a 5k Steady Shot crit, then it would bleed for 4.5k for 8 seconds now? (or less assuming the previous one ticked once for example)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squall13 View Post
    Are you sure the new PS damage adds to the previous one?

Correct me if I'm wrong but if you hit an Aimed Shot for 10k. It will bleed for 3k for 8 seconds. If you then hit it with a 5k Steady Shot crit, then it would bleed for 4.5k for 8 seconds now? (or less assuming the previous one ticked once for example)
    The damage rolls, like Ignite. It always gives you the full 30% damage, adding all of the separate procs together into one bleed, but the damage will go up and down as procs are added and removed from the total. If you proc it with Aimed Shot and then Steady Shot three seconds later, the bleed will tick for eleven seconds: three seconds of the Aimed proc, five seconds of both procs, and three seconds of the Steady proc.

In terms of fun that talent is more fun and more interesting than marked for death, and does a noticable increase in damage, (Heck on fights like Twin Valkyr and Blood queen it went up to 25% of my damage at times.) One talent that they really didnt have to remove, imp steady shot is just a buff, anyways MM needs more talents in its tree why not put it back, it was a 3 point talent, interesting, and noticable increase for damage unless it will be tied passively to mm.

They removed the talent, because its passive when critting you get the bleed affect on beta at this time in all specs

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    Ugh. The talent could say "Increases the critical strike damage of your Aimed, Steady, and Chimera Shots by 30%" and you'd never know the difference. It's a boring, passive talent.

Damn you beat me to it ):