Poll: What do you think of this model?

Thread: Chunky boots

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hate Rock Steady Treads, big gigantic fugly boots with little hooves poking out the bottom

no thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorGuides View Post
    the chunky boots look amazing in my opinion, i think they should be bigger. It really gives me a "badass" feeling walking around on my Dwarf.
    A million times this!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    /bitchslap
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Fuck you, I was working.

I'm not really concerned with the size, but I do hope more detail is added to my armor.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as they do away with everything looking skin tight, it looks so wrong

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I hate Rock Steady Treads, big gigantic fugly boots with little hooves poking out the bottom

no thanks
    Haha, and that's exactly what I like about them: They're big, gigantic boots. As WarriorGuides puts it: They give you a badass feeling
    Quote Originally Posted by Omen321 View Post
    Tirion has joined the guild
    [Guild][Tirion]: /brofist
    [Guild][Bolvar]: /brofist
    Tirion has left the guild
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximen View Post
    Warriors will dead...

Those models are for plate wearing boots, feel free to roll a warrior/paladin/death knight if you want to have chunky boots like us cool kids

I love the big boots, its like ready for battle where as the thin boots are for travel.

maybe for plate, but leather armor is kinda supposed to be a bit tight

Quote Originally Posted by cannibalghoul View Post
    maybe for plate, but leather armor is kinda supposed to be a bit tight
    Why can't leather/cloth boots be stuffed with something? Especially in the cold climate of Northrend that would've made sense. Stuffed boots to keep your feet warm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omen321 View Post
    Tirion has joined the guild
    [Guild][Tirion]: /brofist
    [Guild][Bolvar]: /brofist
    Tirion has left the guild
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximen View Post
    Warriors will dead...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wælcyrie View Post
    I love the big boots, its like ready for battle where as the thin boots are for travel.
    Agree completely. The only reason I ever bought Boots of Kingly Upheavel was because they used the chunky model. Otherwise I'd still be using the Ulduar crafted ones.

Seriously though, I do love chunkier armor designs. The awful skinny-boot look should be for leveling greens only.
    ~ Vengaul | Jaréth | Vengaul | Kettrícken | Astríd | Aribëth | Beauregarde | Lechùck | Guybrùsh | Nozomî ~

Armor must look like armor and not like something painted on your skin
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post

Also, alextrazsa has the spells Detect Pregnancy and Track Babies.

yeah those "chunky" boots looks nice, but i hope its only for mail and plate, cos i want leather to still be a "glove" fit cos i want to feel like im a ninja when on my rogue

Quote Originally Posted by greevir View Post
    Well, the heavier, more clunky boots were obviously designed to make stepping on gnomes less work. The heavier the boot, the less force you have to put on the gnome to crush it's skull.

I mean, ya.... they look better...
    I like your way of thinking... *laughs maniacly*

On topic, I like the huge boots as a plate wearer, the skin tight ones is more fit for cloth / leather boots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Yelling at the leaky gas tank is much less effective than patching it up.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningStick View Post
    On topic, I like the huge boots as a plate wearer, the skin tight ones is more fit for cloth / leather boots.
    I have a set of walking boots that are made of leather and cloth and certainly are not skin tight, and are quite bulky. There is no reason why the boots have to be so thin they're practically only a texture, but there's no reason why they always have to be knee high, considering most leather/cloth walking boots only cover ankles.

What we also need are trousers for cloth/leather wearers that are loose and baggy and cover the top of boots, like robes do.

Quote Originally Posted by Creed86 View Post
    Never quite understood people playing humans. Isn't the point of a fantasy game to be something else not something you are irl, then again you dont exactly encounter dragons irl either unless you count my sister.

The "chunky boots" look much better. I was very happy when I got them on my paladin. Until I got paladin T10 and they were covered.