Thread: Prot paladin T9

Prot paladin T9

I just got my prot[ret os] paladin to 80 and was wondering how I should go about gearing him up. Gaining triumphs is cake because of course the ques as a tank are rather quick. Here's the link to my armory http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...wing&cn=Nomine. Along with my T9 pieces, are there any crafted items I should get (apart from the 264 stuff that I cannot afford right now)? Thanks for the help.

Deleted
    The only crafted pieces I'd recommend you to get are the 264 Legs and Boots and the 245 Bracers (which you already have). You can upgrade the 232 Tier pieces in TotC25 runs fairly easily as it's fairly puggable on most realms.

Personally I'd go for:

Head - Liadrin's Faceplate of Conquest
    Neckpiece - Fossilized Ammonite Choker
    Shoulders - Liadrin's Shoulderguards of Conquest
    Cloak - Eerie Runeblade Polisher
    Chestpiece - Liadrin's Breastplate of Conquest
    Bracers - Saronite Swordbreakers
    Weapon - Rimefang's Claw
    Off-hand - Splintered Door of the Citadel
    Libram - Libram of Defiance
    Gloves - Liadrin's Handguards of Conquest
    Belt - Shieldwarder Girdle
    Legs - Pillars of Might
    Boots - Boots of Kingly Upheaval
    Ring #1 - Mark of the Relentless
    Ring #2 - Clutch of Fortification
    Trinket #1 - The Black Heart
    Trinket #2 - Glyph of Indomitability

Exactly what Davantius said. That was how I worked my way up. But wait with the craftable leg and boots until you have a fair amount of defence since those parts left that out. That was my only troubles after getting the legs and boots. But enchant defence on chest and shield should help you out a bit.

Awesome! Thanks for the helpful answers guys

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    The T9 helm and shoulders are crap, you're better off going for the non set 245 helm and shoulders you can buy from the Emblem of Triumph vendors.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardolan View Post
    The T9 helm and shoulders are crap, you're better off going for the non set 245 helm and shoulders you can buy from the Emblem of Triumph vendors.
    That's what I'm planning to do when I start gearing. I don't need the +4 bonus, just the +2, so I can skip those two.

It's interesting that you've got more higher-end pieces than I do, and yet I've got more health and def? (I'm capped and then some, and I'm still mostly in blues). I hate to ask this, but what's your GS?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...redar&cn=Zyryl

I know you didn't ask for it, but your spec and glyphs are pretty dodgy.
    The general spec is this.
    If you want to hold on to divinity (mostly wasted as a lot of heals in WotLK are overheals, but it wont hurt with your level of gear) go something like this.

The major glyhps there are pretty much mandatory.
    Also don't forget to enchant your shit! You're below 535 defense yet you didn't enchant your chest, cloak and shield (defense over plating at first).

I appreciate your concern but I'm not going to spend a bunch of gold to enchant something that I'll just replace either a few hours from now or the next day. Like I got that chest piece last night to replace my heirloom.

"It's interesting that you've got more higher-end pieces than I do, and yet I've got more health and def? (I'm capped and then some, and I'm still mostly in blues). I hate to ask this, but what's your GS?"

Look at your helm, that's exactly why you have more HP then I do.
    Last edited by Covert; 2010-07-19 at 05:23 PM.

Go with Breastplate of the White Knight, and the Triumph head and shoulders. Get your 2-piece T9 from gloves and legs.

Unless you've got a guild pre-made going in, don't hold your breath on the regular HoR shield. Every group you are going to get through the finder will likely have a paladin queueing as heal and a ret or dps warrior, all there to roll need on the shield. Most of the time you're probably even going to get another tank who queued as tank/dps who got assigned dps, and sometimes they even get nasty about the fact that they're not tanking. On a warrior tank alt I occasionally play, I've tried running reg HoR at least once or twice a day, and every single time the shield has dropped (about ten times so far) somebody running as dps or heal has won it. About half of those times they dropped immediately after.
    Last edited by underdogba; 2010-07-19 at 06:36 PM.