10+ Year Old Account

Leveling a warrior

So I'm leveling a warrior alt and he's level 42 atm. I bought dual specs because I had tons of cash left over on my main, and I'm wondering what spec is best for leveling solo. I was prot my first 40 levels but I thought I'd try leveling as a DPS spec and using prot for dungeon finder. When I tried leveling as fury after I got dual specs, though, my damage output was significantly lower and my survivability felt like crap. Am I doing something wrong? Is fury not good for soloing? I basically just hit Bloodthirst when I had the rage and used Execute when the mob got low on HP.
    Thank you dubbelbasse for the excellent sig!

Fury is bad for leveling, and currently should be used only when you meet the stat requirements at 80 (which shouldn't be hard to do these days). Arms is a great leveling and PvP spec. Prot is great at soloing, tanking, and it's actually pretty good at leveling due to low down time, and being able to take multiple mobs easily.

I'd recommend Arms to 60, then Prot or Arms to 80.
    If you want to do dungeons Prot would get queues quicker and thus would level quickly this way.
    Never go Fury for leveling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gramgaido View Post
    Fury is bad for leveling, and currently should be used only when you meet the stat requirements at 80 (which shouldn't be hard to do these days). Arms is a great leveling and PvP spec. Prot is great at soloing, tanking, and it's actually pretty good at leveling due to low down time, and being able to take multiple mobs easily.

I'd recommend Arms to 60, then Prot or Arms to 80.
    If you want to do dungeons Prot would get queues quicker and thus would level quickly this way.
    Never go Fury for leveling.
    Alright, thanks. I don't have the emblems to buy yet another heirloom weapon yet, so I guess I'll stick with prot for leveling for now. Is fury any good for DPSing in dungeons at lower levels, or should I just stick to tanking?

Arms until 60 is the best idea, then you can go prot and quest. Prior to that, prot isn't that great for soloing. Of course, you can always go tank for dungeons. :P

I have leveled 3 warriors total. the first one I leveled, I stuck arms all the way. The next 2 I leveled, i was arms till 70 and then went fury. For sure, swaping to fury at 70 made a difference in my leveling speed. It took 2days to level my human warrior from 70 - 80 as fury, and i had very little downtime between mobs. I have never leveled as prot, but a lot of people seem to support it.

I'd go with one spec Arms for questing and all your solo nonsense then Prot as the second so you can do a billion dungeons in a row for super xp.

How's revenge at low level nowadays? Leveled my warr long before the buff, so I wouldn't know. I did arms until about 65, then did prot for some levels and found it awesome, soloed all the Nagrand group quests easypeasymode. Tried fury at 69-70, hated it because I DID so little, and went back to prot all the way to 80. I'd recommend prot just because it's damn FUN to play as. Here's hoping for prot PvPs viability in cata.

Arms till 60, fury afterwards. Titan's Grip. That's the only and the most important reason why to go fury when you are able to pick it up. Bloodthirst with glyph = 0 downtime.

i leveld as arms all the way to 80 with a pretty fun spec designed to get second wind and bloodcraze so that any hp i lost while questing i normally got it back fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm absolutely starved for emblems on my main, could I go arms with a 1h and a shield, or is that just stupid?

10+ Year Old Account
    Stupid, sorry, but all of arms things depend on weapon damage.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    -Nietzsche
    Vanilla WoW was a diamond in the rough. Burning Crusade cleared the rough away and polished that diamond up. During Lich King, that diamond cracked from being over polished and in Cataclysm that diamond was replaced with a cubic zirconia.