Thread: Celestial Steed

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Wings make it look fat when it is not flying

Deleted
    I think its always looked good, just the fact that everyone can get it and you have to buy it is what made it ugly :3

10+ Year Old Account
    I have nothing against the Celestial Steed, I just like it less than I like $25

25 bucks puts that mount at about 25-30k gold "worth" (by gold markets on many servers). For 25-30k gold you can buy runs and get 2-3 mounts. Price/performance just isn't there. Those bragging they have 25 bucks to blow seriously make be crack up.. the economics just isn't there to justify the price. 10 bucks.. yeh, maybe.. but nearly 2 months of wow subscription costs for something you don't really use? nah.

Yeah, Celestial Steed is terrible!

I mean, god forbid having to pay to experience new game content after having already bought that game, amirite! We should only have to pay for WoW and ALL it's content ONCE, and ONLY once!!!

... oh wait...

Money well spent ... oh wait

10+ Year Old Account
    Didnt got one and i never will buy it, its just so ugly :x I've got my zehvra mount for my main and the netherray as the flying mount, i find them quite original =)

Nimryas - EU-Kazzak ~ My youtube channel

It says that the owner have a celestial steed... nothing else imo although I think it's butt ugly..

My excuse: It was a mount on the road to 100... Red dragonhawk/time-lost-proto ftw!
    -- And as things fell apart Nobody paid much attention --

Celestial Steed or go away.
    "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes unto the Father, but by me." - Jesus Christ

It sparklez!, like twilight. I want my money back from That Retarded Horse.

Aside from having it mailed to every character I ever create, I like that it has the logic built in to only mount up as the type I can use.

None of you people who bought the steed are rich billionaires, so cut that act.

If you bought the steed, you paid for two months of wow, for a mount. A reskined mount, not even unique.

Its not that three people have it, its that its now the most popular mount around because all you retards bought it, which means now the store will have more and more things for you to piss your money away on.

15+ Year Old Account
    old

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pushealer View Post
    None of you people who bought the steed are rich billionaires, so cut that act.

If you bought the steed, you paid for two months of wow, for a mount. A reskined mount, not even unique.

Its not that three people have it, its that its now the most popular mount around because all you retards bought it, which means now the store will have more and more things for you to piss your money away on.
    Oh look, a butthurt poor person. Hiya peasant!
    Skullmaster - Slathe - Duat - Tamriel

Absolutely everything happens for a reason - Omnia Causa Fiunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuitous View Post
    I'm a totally mindless and easy to manipulate player because I liked the way the horse looked and thought it was convenient not having to buy ground/flying mounts for all my characters. Spending $25 on something I like is completely affordable for me as well.

Clearly I'm the small minded one here.

I guess it makes more sense for people to spend $1000 on a pair of jeans, just because some stitching spells out a designer name.

People spend $25 to transfer servers just so their pixels are in a physical different location. People spend $30 just to see their pixels change faction. People spend $150 on Blizzcon tickets, when all of the information is available online.

Clearly, again, I'm the small minded one here because I'm judging how others spend their money.
    You are totally mindless. The "I dont have to buy mounts" argument is extremely weak, especially considering the mount prices at lower level.

Server transfer and faction trasnfer arent a change of pixels, its a change of time. Its a person saying "Do I want to spend three months only playing this same class on a different server to get him up to Xs level, or transfer?"

You said
    "Hey do I want to spend 4mns traveling to the mount vendor to pay 20G, or pay $25 in real money for it, real moneys!"

Plus most of the good players already have 10 of each class with some form of mount, or dont care to level anymore classes, and if we do, its not worth $25 for a short walk.

God none of you would have gotten to level 30 in the original game.

---------- Post added 2010-07-18 at 03:56 PM ----------

Oh look, a butthurt poor person. Hiya peasant
    Its kinda depressing that you think buying things = rich and better person.

Truth be told, your probably in a ton of debt, like most people who just buy stupid crap for no reason. Anyway I am out.

Quote Originally Posted by Garekh View Post
    I can understand spending $25 on a mount, just not that mount.
    When the Celestrial Steed was data mined everyone agreed that OMFG THIS IS THE COOLEST MOUNT EVER!!

Funny how $25 changed that.

I bought it because I wanted my 117th mount (at that point), though I do use it on some of my alts because it looks better than vendor-mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Pushealer View Post
    Its kinda depressing that you think buying things = rich and better person.
    It's kinda depressing that I can't spend my money the way I want to without having to deal with holier than thou crap from random people....

Or, it would have been if I actually cared about people hiding behind internet anonymity.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thCozard View Post
    Video that put TotalBiscuit on the map.
    He was (and still is) "on the map" a while before making that video.
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2010-07-18 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuitous View Post
    I'm a totally mindless and easy to manipulate player because I liked the way the horse looked and thought it was convenient not having to buy ground/flying mounts for all my characters. Spending $25 on something I like is completely affordable for me as well.

Clearly I'm the small minded one here.

I guess it makes more sense for people to spend $1000 on a pair of jeans, just because some stitching spells out a designer name.

People spend $25 to transfer servers just so their pixels are in a physical different location. People spend $30 just to see their pixels change faction. People spend $150 on Blizzcon tickets, when all of the information is available online.

Clearly, again, I'm the small minded one here because I'm judging how others spend their money.
    "People spend $25 to transfer" - True, money can be saved by just leveling at another server... but that takes a lot of time also let's say you want to move to another guild you have to level to 80 again and gain all your gear and such all over again - that takes a lot of time that is saved by paying some real money.

"People spend $30 for change faction" - Also the same argument there. Some servers are INSANELY imbalance ally-horde wise and some people decided to go with "if you can't beat them join them" approach and that is also a time-saver. You wouldn't wanna go all over and farm your way to 80 again when all that can be avoided by paying $30... A lot of people have done it, true - but if I already have a main on this server and I just wanna roll horde/alliance (Depending on what I don't have) - I use heirlooms and level faster than I would if I'd reroll on another server.

"People spend $150 for Blizzcon" - I agree with you there... Blizzcon might be cool and all that, and I'm a big fan on nerd-conventions. But $150 is just too much.

But faction change and server transfer actually have an impact on the game... a mount doesn't, heck - I could get that mount by model-changing my regular one by adding it wings and colorize it the way I want, I wouldn't fly any faster, I wouldn't ride any faster, I wouldn't be able to give people a ride on it (Like a mammoth).
    It's just a mount with different look - And if you ask me : sure that mount looks nice and all that... but I'd spend $25 on a server transfer, subscription time or faction change instead of an ingame mount.

"It saves me from buying mounts on my alts so I save lots of gold" - What's the difference between that and buying gold ?