Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
LastLast
  1. #201
    Mechagnome Aliok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Oregon, U.S.A.
    Posts
    669
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper Kazai View Post
    Waaait a second... If they have the ability to make mail be instant between players, then why don't they do it?! That's the lamest perk up there.
    I disagree. Anyone else remember a time when any items you mailed to one of your alts took 30-60 minutes? It changed because Blizzard had done overall hardware upgrades. Instantaneous mailing is limited to characters of the same account (and fellow guild members if that specific perk survives to live) because of the technical aspect - no matter how awesome the software, that same software will still be tied to the limits of the hardware.

    Now if you prefer a RP reason: The wizards that sort and teleport your item(s) and/or correspondence to their destinations don't get paid very well. As in, you get more money by slaying Hogger than mugging one of the wizards. Also, their health insurance is through a goblin HMO.

    ---------- Post added 2010-07-18 at 07:58 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Lumidar View Post
    i personally want to see someone trying to gank my paladin and i Bubble and Cast mass summon and have all my guildies kick his ass lol
    A hilarious mental image, but the ability will not work while in combat. You would have to run far enough away to drop out of combat.

    ---------- Post added 2010-07-18 at 08:18 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Adamant Power View Post
    I am wondering as a Shammie, does Hasty Hearth work for Astral Recall? Since AR is basically shared CD time as a Hearth.
    I seriously doubt it. Astral Recall has a CD completely separate from the Hearthstone, as well as having its own glyph that reduces the CD by 50%.
    Last edited by Aliok; 2010-07-19 at 02:53 AM.
    Originally Posted by Daeleht (Blue Tracker)
    Post constructively or I'll press some different buttons next time.
    Perfect summations of my feelings on CRZ - why I want to like it but can't.

  2. #202
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowIceAvian View Post
    Ten percent extra money isn't "nothing". Fifteen percent extra gathering materials (!) isn't "nothing". Ten percent extra experience, ten percent extra extra reputation, a doubled duration on powerful buffs and double the amount of flasks isn't "nothing" at all. If you seriously think that these aren't massive buffs that screw over people just like heirlooms do, go try leveling a character right now 1-80 with NO heirlooms at all.
    No, no, no, no, no.
    NONE of these things will effect you in combat. The reason those heirloom gears are good ISN'T the xp boost, it's the DPS and HP boost! It's because the arcanite reaper heirloom can 1-shot anything it touches at lower levels! And have you tried to find trinkets / shoulders at low level? The xp bonus is just an added luxury. Yes, you can still level fast without the xp bonus bits.

    The flask thing only relates to cauldrons. For those that missed them, in TBC there are/were certain cauldrons that your WHOLE RAID could get resistance pots from, like how health stones work. But the cauldrons aren't free, far from it - they're fairly expensive. That's right - these aren't "single player" buffs, they're EXPENSIVE raid buffs. In other words, flasks from the guild bank. Working for 2 hours. Like flasks on alchemists.

    This isn't game breaking stuff. These are pretty minor gains. The only strangely high up one is the extra mining / herbing one. But even then, i've not done herbing for ages, that's what AH is for.

  3. #203
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowIceAvian View Post
    Ten percent extra money isn't "nothing". Fifteen percent extra gathering materials (!) isn't "nothing". Ten percent extra experience, ten percent extra extra reputation, a doubled duration on powerful buffs and double the amount of flasks isn't "nothing" at all. If you seriously think that these aren't massive buffs that screw over people just like heirlooms do, go try leveling a character right now 1-80 with NO heirlooms at all.
    ^^^^ THIS

    To all those saying these are "mostly cosmetic things", have you ever played this game? These are HUGE buffs. If you are not in a maxed-out guild you will lose.

    Oh, and btw: extra gold == extra gear.

  4. #204
    Quote Originally Posted by rboa View Post
    ^^^^ THIS

    To all those saying these are "mostly cosmetic things", have you ever played this game? These are HUGE buffs. If you are not in a maxed-out guild you will lose.

    Oh, and btw: extra gold == extra gear.
    Mostly. Cosmetic.
    You can pretty much split the list into 2 sections - leveling / rep gains, and raid tools.

    Anything which is rep-based, xp-based, or run-speed-outside-pvp based, is going to be almost useless after you've reached max level and got some gear from questing. These are ALL LOW LEVEL, so even your small alts guild will get these quickly.

    The raid tools are things like extended fish feasts / flasks, cheaper repairs, extra durability, mass resurrect, etc. These are all late on. These will make a raid go a bit smoother, but WON'T EFFECT YOUR RAID'S ABILITY TO KILL A BOSS. Simple as that.

  5. #205
    Mechagnome Aliok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Oregon, U.S.A.
    Posts
    669

    Post Re: Cataclysm Guild Perks, Stonecore Boss Videos

    Alright, time for a real post.

    I really like the guild perks as currently presented. They are fun and will not be game changers for end-game content, so players don't feel pressured to become a part of a guild so they can feel like they are performing at their best. It has reasonable restrictions in place so 10-man raiders do not feel pressured to recruit for & run 25-man content.

    I see my guild loving this just for the fact that the perks are, in a way, achievements AND very helpful for alts. (Many of the players in my guild, including myself, are achievement w****s. And serious altoholics. *nervous laugh* )

    Stonecore: Surprisingly, I found myself actually disliking the mechanics I saw in the videos. I normally either like something or don't mind it. The fights for the first few bosses seem very re-hashed, and that the only one which could require true concentration is the priestess battle - mostly because it would be a slight game to see how many adds the party could gib using the boss' own ability.
    Originally Posted by Daeleht (Blue Tracker)
    Post constructively or I'll press some different buttons next time.
    Perfect summations of my feelings on CRZ - why I want to like it but can't.

  6. #206
    Quote Originally Posted by icecreamtruck View Post
    HS on 15 min cd? rofl. world pvp is dead anyway... wait whats world pvp again ?
    Ganking someone while they are questing or farming mats in a pvp area or on a pvp server, just like its always been.

  7. #207
    I absolutely love the guild perks. <3

  8. #208
    I'm confused,... how exactly do you obtain these Guild Perks? They look really awesome but will my casual 10 man raiding guild have access to all of them?

  9. #209
    Stood in the Fire Orochiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    456
    The only thing I don't like about these guild perks is that the "Honorable Mention" and "Everyone's A Hero" are gained at different ranks, though Im quite sure that it will be possible to pick which one of them you want for your guild. Obviously serious raiding guilds would like to gain more Heroism points as fast as possible whereas PvP oriented guilds would most likely need the Honor points more.

  10. #210
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowIceAvian View Post
    Ten percent extra money isn't "nothing". Fifteen percent extra gathering materials (!) isn't "nothing". Ten percent extra experience, ten percent extra extra reputation, a doubled duration on powerful buffs and double the amount of flasks isn't "nothing" at all. If you seriously think that these aren't massive buffs that screw over people just like heirlooms do, go try leveling a character right now 1-80 with NO heirlooms at all.
    Totally agree with this one.

    Extra 1k on each 10k looted isn't really nothing.
    This 15% mining, skinning and disenchanting (!!!!!) bonus is somewhat insane. Someone without 15% bonus simply won't be able to compete in a saturated enchanting material market.

    People, who for some reason preffer to stay unguilded or in few person guilds, are getting quite massively screwed (read: forced to join some "We're frendly social guild, lf everything!").

    Gonna see how it works, in a worst case scenario I'll be forced to hire some drones to level one or two of my personal guilds up for free repair money or similar

  11. #211
    The Patient pouca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Paris (France)
    Posts
    242
    Quote Originally Posted by mafain View Post
    Increases the quantity of materials gained from Mining, Skinning, Herbalism, and Disenchanting by 15%.

    How would this work?! I mean, how can you gain 15% extra on 1 ore? or 2 flowers? or 1 skin? ._O Anyone care to explain? im stumped. Should it be possible "Gives the player a chance to gain an additional resource gained from Mining, Skinning, Herbalism, and Disenchanting by 15%."?
    Easy.
    You have 33% chance to have one herb, 33 % chance to have 2 herbs and 33% to have 3 herbs.
    After the bonus that you could have 18% to have 1 herb, 41 % to have 2 herbs, 41% to have 3.

    You gain 15%.

  12. #212
    Quote Originally Posted by pouca View Post
    Easy.
    You have 33% chance to have one herb, 33 % chance to have 2 herbs and 33% to have 3 herbs.
    After the bonus that you could have 18% to have 1 herb, 41 % to have 2 herbs, 41% to have 3.

    You gain 15%.
    I can see that theory working with everything but skinning. Skinning random mobs almost always yields 1 piece except on elites or bosses.

  13. #213
    Quote Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
    I can see that theory working with everything but skinning. Skinning random mobs almost always yields 1 piece except on elites or bosses.
    Raw 15% chance to double your loot solves everything.

    The % distribution really does not matter, since all 15% loot increase means than in the long run instead of 1000 pieces you are gonna have roughly 1150 pieces of loot.

  14. #214
    Umm im nub but wtf is heroism points

  15. #215
    Quote Originally Posted by Maim View Post
    Umm im nub but wtf is heroism points
    Currency that you are gonna get from 5 man heroics in Cata.

  16. #216
    >>> 2 Increases speed while mounted by 5%. Not active in Battlegrounds or Arenas. <<<<

    I`ll bet, this will not stack, with Aura, Talents or Enchants.

  17. #217
    Quote Originally Posted by skyesfury View Post
    It wasn't the crying that got the content nerfed. Nice try on blaming the majority based on the vocal minority, though. The reason the bosses in LK die so fast now is because of how outrageously the average group outgears the content. When LK first came out, very few bosses went down in less than two minutes (though I'm sure there will be plenty of epeeners that want to claim otherwise). The majority of the content that was nerfed doesn't even directly relate to the bosses themselves, but rather the trash leading up to them (i.e. less trash, easier to kill, etc.).

    WOLTK Heroics were never, ever, hard. I was playing back then. Sad thing, Naxx was even easier than most heroics (outside of Saphiron/KT) and you could jump into heroics AND Naxx with BT/Sunwell gear and clear them easily. The only moderatly hard part were the achievemnts to obtain the red proto-drake, but a few weeks into naxx, they were already a lot easier in Ilvl 213 gear, and some of them were already nerfed.

  18. #218
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    13,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Airath View Post
    People, who for some reason preffer to stay unguilded or in few person guilds, are getting quite massively screwed (read: forced to join some "We're frendly social guild, lf everything!").
    1. It does not screw you over since the benefits aren't that special.
    2. MMO. Enough said.

    Quote Originally Posted by jfuze View Post
    I'm confused,... how exactly do you obtain these Guild Perks? They look really awesome but will my casual 10 man raiding guild have access to all of them?
    Yes, you will have them all.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Try to boil everything down to a negative catch phrase all you want. We're still going to spend countless hours making Warlords of Draenor the most epic expansion possible.

  19. #219
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    1. It does not screw you over since the benefits aren't that special.
    2. MMO. Enough said.
    So if these are not a massive "screw you" to the unguilded and casual guilds, just double the perks for them.

    And just because it is an MMO DOES NOT MEAN you have to belong to a big guild

  20. #220
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    13,073
    Quote Originally Posted by rboa View Post
    So if these are not a massive "screw you" to the unguilded and casual guilds, just double the perks for them.

    And just because it is an MMO DOES NOT MEAN you have to belong to a big guild
    You don't have to be, even a 10 man guild will give you the things.
    The bonuses are even that small that you don't NEED a guild.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Try to boil everything down to a negative catch phrase all you want. We're still going to spend countless hours making Warlords of Draenor the most epic expansion possible.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •