Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    HS on 15 min cd? rofl. world pvp is dead anyway... wait whats world pvp again ?

Amazing, simply awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by greyghost View Post
    Well, I can easily see them at some point in the future making Guild Housing a possible reward from the guild leveling/perks system. Looking good -- the Bountiful Bags perk is exceptionally interesting. Imagine harvesting those Pure Saronite veins in Ulduar with that perk.... 8)
    I'm honestly not sure why certain people are so dead set on Guild Housing.

It's not going to happen, they like their major cities to be populated. Give it up instead of lying to yourselves, please.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberzombie View Post
    I'm honestly not sure why certain people are so dead set on Guild Housing.

It's not going to happen, they like their major cities to be populated. Give it up instead of lying to yourselves, please.
    this.

especially when it will offer nothing new and just lead to people not seeing other people. Everything that can be done in a guild house can be done in the middle of the street of a major city.
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster
    Generally it is not the "hardcore" players whining about these changes, they are just enjoying the hard mode content etc and most of them couldn't give a rat's ass about who wears what kind of epic gear.

The whiners are usually little scrubs that want to sound "cool" to other little scrubs, so they claim they have cleared everyting and how "zomg easy" it was, while in reality they are usually still stuck on their blue/naxx10 geared characters, with no gems and enchants on their gear and no clue how to play their class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grantji View Post
    I wonder if the perks are available for every character on an account... or do i have to grind guild-reputation with every alt to gain access to the higher tiers
    The only thing it mentions about alts/new-joins is that they won't be able to immediately buy a lot of the guild-items, and nothing about the perks being locked to them. So my guess is that once the guild unlocks the perk, it's there for everybody, but only those who contribute can spend their guild points to buy the items.

Guild skills are looking great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by loftus View Post
    this.

especially when it will offer nothing new and just lead to people not seeing other people. Everything that can be done in a guild house can be done in the middle of the street of a major city.
    Yeah c'mon, you'll be able to deal those drugs to your guildies by the bank of your nearest capital just as easy as if you were in a guild house.

But in all seriousness, I saw very little point to guild housing in GW, just the same as player housing in EQ2. The only MMO that's done any kind of housing right is FFXI, and even then only because the crowd around the moogle to change jobs otherwise would be horrendous.

What are people looking for when requesting guild housing that isn't available already, if someone could answer?

Either that hunter is really bad or the new focus that hunters has sucks big time. Having to spam steady shot twice between your other shots really takes the piss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasz View Post
    Either that hunter is really bad or the new focus that hunters has sucks big time. Having to spam steady shot twice between your other shots really takes the piss.
    http://www.wowtal.com/#k=.9mn.hunter

If you take a look at the second tier of Marksmanship, you'll notice a talent called Improved Steady Shot.

This should explain why he's using steady shot the way he is. If it does not, you may want to reconsider playing this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberzombie View Post
    http://www.wowtal.com/#k=.9mn.hunter

If you take a look at the second tier of Marksmanship, you'll notice a talent called Improved Steady Shot.

This should explain why he's using steady shot the way he is. If it does not, you may want to reconsider playing this game.
    I understand the mechanics of hunters in cataclysm thanks very much you don't need to explain it, so don't give me that "you may want to reconsider playing this game" bullshit.

If you look at his cooldowns while using steady shot, you will notice two are off cooldown at all times, and three when killshot can be used. So the rotation is a little like SS,SS,CS,SS,SS,AS,SS,SS but you never have enough focus to use all of your shots. So you have just used Chimera shot, and you have 6 seconds left on improved steady shot but you are now drained of focus; and even though you still have imp SS, you have no focus to cast any of your other shots.

Do we know who gets to use the active abilities ?
    I hope at least officers may use them as well, because our guild leader tends be not as hardcore as some of our other members. It would be kind of dull if only the guild leader, who does an awsome job at it, were the only one to use it and he is just present for 50-60% of our raids .
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasz View Post
    I understand the mechanics of hunters in cataclysm thanks very much you don't need to explain it, so don't give me that "you may want to reconsider playing this game" bullshit.

If you look at his cooldowns while using steady shot, you will notice two are off cooldown at all times, and three when killshot can be used. So the rotation is a little like SS,SS,CS,SS,SS,AS,SS,SS but you never have enough focus to use all of your shots. So you have just used Chimera shot, and you have 6 seconds left on improved steady shot but you are now drained of focus; and even though you still have imp SS, you have no focus to cast any of your other shots.
    Fair enough but who's to say why he's doing it, except himself. It seemed like he was determined to keep the buff up at all times (moving not withstanding), and given that it's a new mechanic he could have simply been trying to see if it worked / was worth it.

Best to reserve judgement if the evidence is inconclusive rather than assuming he's an idiot. As for the focus issue...I don't know. From the videos I'm not happy with it, but a lot of things change in any beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    i have a very small guild (7 of my irl friends)can we still benefit from the guild perks?...

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess I will have to leave my small, social guild and join one of those big raiding guilds... sigh

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe its obvios but what are Heroism points?

Wow, these guild levels and perks have me so excited! I can't wait to hear more about this. Thanks so much for this list, Boub. Maybe if you get your hands on any info on specific perks, like mounts and so on, we could hear about that soon, too. I can't wait to contribute and help my guild build these levels. I can't raid, but I can run heroics, quest, have maxed professions, etc. So, I like that all those things count, as well. I think this is really going to be one of my favorite things about Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    i have a very small guild (7 of my irl friends)can we still benefit from the guild perks?...
    from what blizz said last time only the 10 top [?] contriubutors in the guild count so a guild with 400 members isnt better than a a grp of 10 friends

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Yeah, as far as I know, you should definitely be able to take advantage of them, just as much as any larger guild. Even though you may not have enough people in your guild to do a 10man raid with, anytime one of you does a raid, it will count towards the guild's progression with these levels. And, the same goes for all the other things that help a guild to progress - like quests and dungeons, professions, other achievements, etc. To my knowledge, there are going to be all sorts of things that help a guild progress. All sorts of ways for each guild member to make an impact. So, your smaller guild shouldn't be hurt by this at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thooms View Post
    Guess I will have to leave my small, social guild and join one of those big raiding guilds... sigh
    from what i have read you should get exactly the same benefits in a small, hard working guild as you will in a big, hard working guild.

as matiwariat said, as far as i have heard only the top few people in a guild contribute anyway, to stop people just whoring players to get higher levels i guess.

You should be able to stay in your guild whatever size it is.

I think the idea (besides fun progression + bonuses) is to attempt to deter people from deleting guilds/creating guilds every day of the week. Now they will have more substance and guilds should mean a bit more and stick around for longer, hopefully possesing more loyalty.
    Last edited by loftus; 2010-07-18 at 11:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster
    Generally it is not the "hardcore" players whining about these changes, they are just enjoying the hard mode content etc and most of them couldn't give a rat's ass about who wears what kind of epic gear.

The whiners are usually little scrubs that want to sound "cool" to other little scrubs, so they claim they have cleared everyting and how "zomg easy" it was, while in reality they are usually still stuck on their blue/naxx10 geared characters, with no gems and enchants on their gear and no clue how to play their class.

Is there any indication yet how fast guild levelling will be? Will character level make any difference, e.g. will a guild of 10 level 10 players gain guild xp as fast as a guild with 10 level 85 players? Is guild xp gain simply players x activity or does the size of a guild matter at all? (e.g. would a small guild of say 10 players who are '100%' active level at the same rate as a guild with 40 players that are only '50% active'?)