Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by icecreamtruck View Post
    HS on 15 min cd? rofl. world pvp is dead anyway... wait whats world pvp again ?
    Ganking someone while they are questing or farming mats in a pvp area or on a pvp server, just like its always been.

10+ Year Old Account
    I absolutely love the guild perks. <3

I'm confused,... how exactly do you obtain these Guild Perks? They look really awesome but will my casual 10 man raiding guild have access to all of them?

Deleted
    The only thing I don't like about these guild perks is that the "Honorable Mention" and "Everyone's A Hero" are gained at different ranks, though Im quite sure that it will be possible to pick which one of them you want for your guild. Obviously serious raiding guilds would like to gain more Heroism points as fast as possible whereas PvP oriented guilds would most likely need the Honor points more.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowIceAvian View Post
    Ten percent extra money isn't "nothing". Fifteen percent extra gathering materials (!) isn't "nothing". Ten percent extra experience, ten percent extra extra reputation, a doubled duration on powerful buffs and double the amount of flasks isn't "nothing" at all. If you seriously think that these aren't massive buffs that screw over people just like heirlooms do, go try leveling a character right now 1-80 with NO heirlooms at all.
    Totally agree with this one.

Extra 1k on each 10k looted isn't really nothing.
    This 15% mining, skinning and disenchanting (!!!!!) bonus is somewhat insane. Someone without 15% bonus simply won't be able to compete in a saturated enchanting material market.

People, who for some reason preffer to stay unguilded or in few person guilds, are getting quite massively screwed (read: forced to join some "We're frendly social guild, lf everything!").

Gonna see how it works, in a worst case scenario I'll be forced to hire some drones to level one or two of my personal guilds up for free repair money or similar

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mafain View Post
    Increases the quantity of materials gained from Mining, Skinning, Herbalism, and Disenchanting by 15%.

How would this work?! I mean, how can you gain 15% extra on 1 ore? or 2 flowers? or 1 skin? ._O Anyone care to explain? im stumped. Should it be possible "Gives the player a chance to gain an additional resource gained from Mining, Skinning, Herbalism, and Disenchanting by 15%."?
    Easy.
    You have 33% chance to have one herb, 33 % chance to have 2 herbs and 33% to have 3 herbs.
    After the bonus that you could have 18% to have 1 herb, 41 % to have 2 herbs, 41% to have 3.

You gain 15%.

Quote Originally Posted by pouca View Post
    Easy.
    You have 33% chance to have one herb, 33 % chance to have 2 herbs and 33% to have 3 herbs.
    After the bonus that you could have 18% to have 1 herb, 41 % to have 2 herbs, 41% to have 3.

You gain 15%.
    I can see that theory working with everything but skinning. Skinning random mobs almost always yields 1 piece except on elites or bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
    I can see that theory working with everything but skinning. Skinning random mobs almost always yields 1 piece except on elites or bosses.
    Raw 15% chance to double your loot solves everything.

The % distribution really does not matter, since all 15% loot increase means than in the long run instead of 1000 pieces you are gonna have roughly 1150 pieces of loot.

Umm im nub but wtf is heroism points

Quote Originally Posted by Maim View Post
    Umm im nub but wtf is heroism points
    Currency that you are gonna get from 5 man heroics in Cata.

Deleted
    >>> 2 Increases speed while mounted by 5%. Not active in Battlegrounds or Arenas. <<<<

I`ll bet, this will not stack, with Aura, Talents or Enchants.

Quote Originally Posted by skyesfury View Post
    It wasn't the crying that got the content nerfed. Nice try on blaming the majority based on the vocal minority, though. The reason the bosses in LK die so fast now is because of how outrageously the average group outgears the content. When LK first came out, very few bosses went down in less than two minutes (though I'm sure there will be plenty of epeeners that want to claim otherwise). The majority of the content that was nerfed doesn't even directly relate to the bosses themselves, but rather the trash leading up to them (i.e. less trash, easier to kill, etc.).

WOLTK Heroics were never, ever, hard. I was playing back then. Sad thing, Naxx was even easier than most heroics (outside of Saphiron/KT) and you could jump into heroics AND Naxx with BT/Sunwell gear and clear them easily. The only moderatly hard part were the achievemnts to obtain the red proto-drake, but a few weeks into naxx, they were already a lot easier in Ilvl 213 gear, and some of them were already nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    1. It does not screw you over since the benefits aren't that special.
    2. MMO. Enough said.
    So if these are not a massive "screw you" to the unguilded and casual guilds, just double the perks for them.

And just because it is an MMO DOES NOT MEAN you have to belong to a big guild

Quote Originally Posted by Stratorogue View Post
    Amazing. I wonder if the mass rez really has the unlimted range. Meaning If a guildy of mine died while leveling and didn't want to run back to his corpse if he could simply invite me to group and have me mass Rez him... Hm..
    Keep in mind that, typically rezzing someone puts them where the person rezzing them is located. :P

---------- Post added 2010-07-19 at 09:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by greyghost View Post
    Well, I can easily see them at some point in the future making Guild Housing a possible reward from the guild leveling/perks system. Looking good -- the Bountiful Bags perk is exceptionally interesting. Imagine harvesting those Pure Saronite veins in Ulduar with that perk.... 8)
    This would definitely make me a happy panda. I've been talking about wanting Guild Houses foreeeeever. Would be cool to be able to have spots for all those random knick-knacks we get, too... like slots for them or something to decorate said houses. :P

Guild perks

Quote Originally Posted by Doomspirit View Post
    omfg, this is gonna be insane.
    Especially the guild bank money, mass rez, mass summon.
    I just have one question, or maybe a few but; what is going to happen to all the gold already in the guild bank, and if we have titles assigned to us as guild officers, regular members and alts with different guild perks depending on rank, what is going to happen to those?

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowIceAvian View Post
    go try leveling a character right now 1-80 with NO heirlooms at all.
    I LoL'd.

I guess I have to give up on real life and devote all my life to WoW so I can be in a guild full of virgins and have an equal chance at the perks. Thanks Blizz. This is the beginning of the end of WoW. Can't wait for The Old Republic to come out.

---------- Post added 2010-07-21 at 03:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by chorx View Post
    Wow, imagine a pally with Aura mastery, Crusaders aura, 310%, and mount up...
    None of those stack. So imagine, 330% is max still. Yay.

---------- Post added 2010-07-21 at 03:28 AM ----------

PS you guys are nerds. Guild officer titles *sniffle*. Fatasses.

Bank Guilds

What if you have your own guild, that you use to mail things to your alts, and store things in... How do you get rep with yourself? I wonder how that will work.

Deleted
    Lol ok sure this might be good but people saying other mmo´s copy wow now is proven to be false. This Actualy is COPY&PASTE of Age of Conans Guild Leveling . Blizzard sure dont have any creative ideas at all anymore. they had but ye its lost now