Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apostolic View Post
    Why do we have these DW Frost questions weekly? Can nobody read the stickies? Ever?
    No they can't, they see stickies at the top and think what I need to know can't possibly be in the compiled DPS compendium's that our mods have spent I'm guessing many hours on. In all seriousness everyone should just stop replying to them.
    Last edited by Ahpuch; 2010-07-19 at 05:33 PM.

No, they can't. We get more new "halp maek mai deeps biger plox" threads than we get posts in the stickies. I'm starting to believe that the majority of the dk community isn't capable of being helped. This forum could greatly benefit from asking for help outside of the relevant stickies being made a bannable offence.
    Last edited by Shiira; 2010-07-19 at 05:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    This forum could greatly benefit from asking for help outside of the relevant stickies being made a bannable offence.
    Please yes

Except some people actually enjoy, you know, discussing things.

The stickies are basically the same thing as someone asking you a question about something and you just send him a link rather than talking about it.

Fleshing it out allows people to exchange ideas on the why and how and illuminates packets of ignorance far better than telling someone to go click on a link.

The real value of these help threads is probably not in the help it provides to the person actually asking, but rather in the exchange of ideas and flow of information that other people experience -- people who probably thought they knew everything they needed to know, wouldn't have asked, and then learned something new.

If you wanted to ban people asking things in the stickies, we'd have about 3 posts a day on the forums.

There is a difference of "Is GoD better to use then GoIt" when it was first released and "My Deeps sux, so give me a reason to use GoD".

The Discussion threads should be saved for Cataclysm theory crafting (and even that is limited to beta testers). All the rest just need to read the stickies. The current information has already been simmed, discussed, tested, and is in use (since the beta for the patch).

Not trying to be a pompous a-hole. But come on, 90% of wow players can read English. Put that skill to use.
    Last edited by Apostolic; 2010-07-19 at 06:34 PM.
    I don't heal STUPID, Stupid SHOULD HURT!
    Syntyche - Disc Priest

Yeah discussion is good, that's what forums are for.

But there is no reason to repeat discussion that has already been done. Stickies exist to minimise this. Posting new threads asking questions that have been answered in the stickies just shits up the front page with useless threads. If someone wants to bring up something new or mention a new angle on currently known stuff that we haven't considered before that's when to post a new thread.

I look forward to not seeing any responses from both of you unless it is regarding something completely novel that has not been discussed in the stickies.

Have fun cross-referencing your comments to make sure you comply.

Telling people that they should be posting in the stickies is just about all I do here anyway, I look forward to a time when my class doesn't have the worst community of terrible players who cry for hand holding instead of putting in any effort to better themselves.

On a similar note, what we could really use is the Search Feature back.
    Even if they don't post in the stickies looking for help, they could use the search.
    Or really, we could go back to replying, "Try the damn search feature, we just answered this exact question 2 days ago ffs".
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

yeah, I have to admit that the daily questions of "Is 2h Frost viable?" and "is Armor Pen good for Frost?" are starting to get on my tits.

Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes View Post
    Plague strike is cap'd jackass. And a missed icy touch is generally easier to compensate for as it only costs me 1 rune where as a missed pestilence would force me to IT and PS again.
    but what is key is that pest uses a blood rune wich is much less valuable if you pull off a well timed pest. you don't seem stupid so i assume you know why a frost rune would be more helpful.