Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Trust me, a lot of people are excited about Cata, me included. Unfortunately the whiners are also the loudest

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure everyone looks forward to cata. What all the QQ is about is primarily anxiety in regard to whether Blizz will make/not fix the same mistakes as in wotlk, and there was plenty.
    "What can be asserted without proof, can be dismissed without proof."

I haven't seen that much complaining to my knowledge. Most of the negativity was from Real ID. A couple post that do QQ tend to be about a specific change, but doesn't normally bash Cataclysm to it's entirety.

As for me I'm really looking forward to Cataclysm. I'm an old-timer I suppose, been playing since early 2005, and I'm really looking forward to all the changes to the old world and as well as all the new features we are hearing about (questing, races, new content etc.). I also feel that Cataclysm is going to be really great. Though I would have to admit that I have always anticipated all of WoW's expansions in the same manner.

well that makes me a bit happier i usualy lurk the offical (sp?) forums since im perma'd and it seems every other thread in general is "<insert something cata is changing> is gonna fail" and "worgen suck"

Forums are usually filled with complaining bitches
    Pandaren Warrior - Lv 95, full T17
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonus View Post
    Since this was early in the patch, we decided to go with the 4 tank strat. We ask him to go tank Lord Mograine. He then instantly tells us that "he cannot tank the godfather of DK's, it wouldnt be right to raise my axe against him". He instantly gquits and hearths out.

Sort of excited, but I can't help thinking it'll be another wotlk. Here's hoping it wont.

Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    Sort of excited, but I can't help thinking it'll be another wotlk. Here's hoping it wont.
    This.

I dislike loads of the gameplaychanges, especially the talent trees, which look pretty boring for the most classes I enjoyed playing - but yeah, there is still hope that they might be more fun in a future built.
    Otherwhise I really want to explore the new dungeons,...so far, they look way more exciting than what WotLK delivered.

No you're not

I pretty much predicted Cataclysm-well the whole revamping old world part-it was something I suggested on the WoW fourms a couple months before Cata was announced. So to me they are doing what they should be for this next expansion..

But otherwise... Stuff will fail, stuff will succeed... There will never be a perfect 100% balance and harmony in WoW, but Blizz is taking it in the right direction...ish

Sek

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cataclysm is gonna be legen... wait.... dary!

Did you really have to ask?
    Am very excited myself, even the people complaining can still find things they like im sure.

Deleted
    [QUOTE=Shawaam;8375812]The theme "death" and "undead" becomes very boring really fast. The dungeons are dark, the mobs are dark, the gear is dark.

I agree fully. The greatest thing about Cataclysm is that it's bringing the colourful elementals back into the game along with more vanilla-like stuff instead of sci-fi'ish space/an island with zombies and vikings on it.
    Last edited by mmoc3c85dad98b; 2010-07-19 at 02:01 AM. Reason: The quote didnt work so made the post abit clearer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorack View Post
    Me. I don't want wotlk to end in a sense that it was bad. I just want Cataclysm to begin, because it will be better.

Wotlk really wasn't horrible. ICC is my favorite raid so far. Many people differ from your opinion.
    WotLK PvE is AoE faceroll. It's really awful at the moment. WotLK also introduced vehicle-PvP, which is freaking horrible. I hate SotA and IoC more than anything.

I hate WotLK. I miss TBC. I hope Cataclysm will be more like TBC than WotLK.
    Vol'jin fanboy

im quite excited about cataclysm, and suprisingly the thing im most excited about are all the new Q in botht he new and the remade lowlvl zones. most of all hyjal, that place will definetly be where i start leveling and im quite excited about killing all the 4 elemental lords (or mby it's only ragnaros we kill?, i really havnt checked but i whould like to down Al'akir Neptulon and Therazane aswell D), thou i hope that in some patch we maybe will able to meet (and kill ) the naga queen azshara! And then its all the other kinds of instresting stuffs in the maelstorm! (everyone likes big badass fishes right?)

only fly skill you might be paying in cata is the 310% one, i haven't heard of Azeroth flying skill yet.
    I recall a blue post making a joke about "Old Weather Flying". To answer the question, I, like just about everyone else, am extremely psyched for cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawaam View Post
    ...WotLK also introduced vehicle-PvP, which is freaking horrible. I hate SotA and IoC more than anything.
    Vehicle combat certainly is still clunky, but I tend to give it a pass. Main reason? Vehicles give Blizz a place/a way to implement mechanics that would be ridiculously OP on players. Examples: Maly drakes have an infinitely stacking dot. The heal side also has that combo-point-based AOE heal. Neither of those have counterparts in player mechanics, and it's not clear either ever would.

Of course, because vehicles still seem to take players forever to learn, the mechanics have to be very simple, which sort of undermines their usefulness for this purpose.

Of course, I'm a theorycrafter and I love mechanics. Vehicles are one way for Blizz to keep adding new mechanics somewhat rapidly, without having to worry about whether they fit into the existing pvp/pve framework. I like that. I want them to flex their creativity as much as possible, because that's what keeps me playing.

Quote Originally Posted by luke_lol View Post
    Actually all the people who liked vanilla seem to like cataclysm.
    Counts for me. Probably because the people playing since Vanilla have leveled all kind of toons on horde & alliance side, so you've seen every corner of Azeroth. It's nice that the whole "old" world will change, which will make leveling new chars fun again (at least that's what we hope for). Phasing will also make the world a lot more interesting, I hope. Personally, I also don't mind stuff like armor pen etc getting kicked out of the game as well, not a 'hardcore' player so I don't care much for all those stats which don't add anything and just complicate new chars.

So yeah, a bit more "back to basic" sure ain't bad for me.

this is the world of warcraft fan base. I read a joke once that said that blizz could make the second coming, and people would still complain about it somehow.

15+ Year Old Account
    i think we all are excited about the expansion. like who would want to sit in Wrath any longer then what we have to right now? the game is so boring people are quitting left and right waiting for the expansion to hit.

I have seen a handful of posts accusing cataclysm of ruining the game, but I see very little content in those posts.
    Most of those are players not even in the beta, and again being in beta there is still much opportunity for things to change as the talent tree overhaul demonstrates all too well.
    Those complaints are directed at imcomplete and prone to change information, based on something yet to be released and rarely offer any arguements or points we can relate to.

There are much more posts talking about how Cataclysm won't be good or certain new things will be bad vs the praising threads. People want to give feedback, so they'll post about things they dislike. No one really cares if you think a new ability is awesome, since Blizzard and everyone else knows it is.