Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Cata Healing Spell Summary

Thought I'd update a little table of healing spells current and announced in Cata made earlier:

Updates:
    - removed all non-directly healing, protection or effective healing abilities
    - moved Priest Leap of Faith to Cooldowns
    - added Druid's Rebirth and Efflorescence
    - added Paladin Healing Hands since Cataclysm preview is out
    - added Paladin Word of Glory
    - renamed Paladin new "Greater Heal" to Divine Light
    - added Paladin new cone heal "Light of Dawn" (thanks agdelian!)
    - updated Paladin Word of Glory to reflect Holy Power requirement (thanks Emaluri!)
    - moved Paladin Beacon of Light to ABILITIES (thanks Emaluri!)
    - updated Shaman Spirit Link to indicate uncertainty/lack of presence in the game (thanks Emaluri!)
    - changed Druid Tranquility to AOE heal (thanks Greenmahn!)
    - added Shaman Reincarnation (thanks emni!).

There's little point adding proc-based enhancements if they do not provide a completely different type of spell (e.g. aoe from single target, or HoT from direct).

Also, resists are damage specific protection and have not been added to the lists as a general heal - though this may change.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2010-07-19 at 12:52 AM.

Missed the new pally cone heal "light of dawn" but other than that, great.

Deleted
    even though its a very nice little overview i dont really understand the point of it?
    Ofc it might not be aimed a me...

Archangel and Power Infusion are missing in the priest list.

Why is Glyph of Holy Light included and not the rest of glyphs? xD

You should be specific when referring to the preventative damage (PW: Shield, Sacred Shield) vs. instant healing (Penance, Swiftmend, Riptide, Holy Shock) vs. heal over time (Renew, Rejuv). Beacon of Light isn't a healing spell, it just boosts healing. It'd fit under your Abilities category in that case.

Speaking of your AoE/Abilities category, you should separate out the purely defensive abilities and the healing abilities, i.e. Stoneskin Totem vs. Healing Spring Totem, Devotion Aura vs. Judgment of Light, and the standard buffs.

Spirit Link also doesn't (and it's looking likely that it never will) exist.

Don't forget, when dealing with the Holy Power-based abilities for Paladins, you should specify that. Word of Glory sounds great on your list - a free, instant heal - but that's not what it is. It costs Holy Power.

Basically, you should be more specific and reiterate the abilities and where they fit into your categories. Otherwise, it's a fairly comprehensive list - though for what (constructive) purpose, I may just be missing.

---------- Post added 2010-07-19 at 12:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zoros View Post

I imagine that's because Glyph of Holy Light creates an additional splash. Or, as I initially thought, it may just be to inaccurately emphasize the amount of abilities and tools Holy paladins will have. One can never be too sure.
    Last edited by Emaluri; 2010-07-19 at 12:20 AM.

Deleted
    Neither talent provides a separate heal.

This glyph applies a separate/additional heal. I believe this is unique in the game - please correct me if I'm wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    Neither does Divine Favor.

Also missed Tanquility on druids aoe heals(even though it is listed in cool down)
    Living seed which is a proc heal isnt listed but Efflorescence is?
    also you included the gaurdian spell for paladins that spell has been removed

As to the persont hat said beacon jsut increases heals no it jsut letsyou cast a heal on one player and another player recieve the same heal :P
    Last edited by Greenmahn; 2010-07-19 at 12:27 AM.

Well, if the point of this was to show the discrepancy between the amount of healing spells of each class, then nice. I like how paladins have a ridiculous amount of buttons to push, even more than priests who have 2 speccs merged into one list. :P

When it comes to cooldowns you should list Reincarnation with shamans (since you also list Rebirth). And priests are missing Divine Spirit and Shadow Resist buff in buffs.

(edit): You also missed mana tide for shamans (since you're listing buffs) and Ancestral Awakening (since you're listing Efflorescence)
    Last edited by emni; 2010-07-19 at 12:26 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaluri View Post
    Beacon of Light isn't a healing spell, it just boosts healing. It'd fit under your Abilities category in that case.
    Good point.

Speaking of your AoE/Abilities category, you should separate out the purely defensive abilities and the healing abilities, i.e. Stoneskin Totem vs. Healing Spring Totem, Devotion Aura vs. Judgment of Light, and the standard buffs.
    I'm trying to just keep it to broad categories for ease of comparison, but yes, I'll think about how best to do this.

Spirit Link also doesn't (and it's looking likely that it never will) exist.
    Also a good point!

Don't forget, when dealing with the Holy Power-based abilities for Paladins, you should specify that. Word of Glory sounds great on your list - a free, instant heal - but that's not what it is. It costs Holy Power.
    Your full of these good points!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by emni View Post
    Well, if the point of this was to show the discrepancy between the amount of healing spells of each class, then nice. I like how paladins have a ridiculous amount of buttons to push, even more than priests who have 2 speccs merged into one list. :P
    This is the problem. Holy Paladins have even more buttons to push - technically they could push Divine Shield for worry-less healing! And it lists abilities rarely used, like Hand of Sacrifice (why split the damage), Divine Sacrifice (why split your focus - they'll still need healing and you'll need even more), etc.

Deleted
    Thanks a lot, very nice list. I was actually thinking of making smth similiar to this, mostly out fom boredom just for me to compare. Now you took it away from me!

Deleted
    Neither does Divine Favor.
    100% critical chance for the next heal is basically another way of saying a whole free heal or doubled heal!

I'm trying to just keep it to broad categories for ease of comparison, but yes, I'll think about how best to do this.
    HEALS
    Bread and butter heals

HEAL OVER TIME (HOTs)
    Renew, etc.

DAMAGE PREVENTION
    PW: Shield, Sacred Shield, Earth Shield

AOE HEALS
    Healing Rains, Healing Hands, Chain Heal, Circle of Healing, etc.

BUFFS
    PW:F, Kings, Might, Gift, etc.

HEALING COOLDOWNS
    Divine Favor, Desperate Prayer, Nature's Swiftness, etc.

DEFENSIVE COOLDOWNS
    Divine Sacrifice (if you must include it), Guardian Spirit, etc.

COOLDOWNS
    Rebirth, Reincarnate, the spells more focused on utility than actual healing throughput, etc.

---------- Post added 2010-07-19 at 12:31 AM ----------

100% critical chance for the next heal is basically another way of saying a whole free heal or doubled heal!
    20% more healing done is basically another way of saying a whole free heal every 5 heals! It should be included if you're including things like Divine Sacrifice, Divine Favor, Tidal Power, etc.

Also you have swiftmend listed in heals and it does have a 15 sec cooldown :P

But yes they are adding alot of abilities to holy paladins and your complaining?

or just pointing out that paladins will now have more spells then the other classes where as they used to have the least? I am confused on the whole point of this thread
    Last edited by Greenmahn; 2010-07-19 at 12:33 AM. Reason: spelling ugh

And Divine Favor, Hand of Sacrifice, Hand of Protection, Power Word: Barrier, Devotion Aura... ?

This glyph applies a separate/additional heal. I believe this is unique in the game - please correct me if I'm wrong!
    Priests have 3 glyphs with separate healing: Glyph of Dispel Magic, Glyph of Power Word: Shield and Glyph of Prayer of Healing.

Besides if you considere Glyph of Holy Light, you should include Empowered Renew and even Radiance, the new holy mastery. And I'm just talking about priests, I'm sure that the rest of classes have similar tools.

For some reason the list is trying to make Paladins the class with more healing skills. xD

Glyph of PW:Shield

Why have Flash of Light(hot) listed? why not Regrowth(hot) or Empowered Renew?
    Devo Aura? Stoneskin Totem? are these really healer abilities?

it looks like you are trying to make paladins look like they have the most healing abilities...

Deleted
    For some reason the list is trying to make Paladins the class with more healing skills. xD
    No, not at all. I guess I know more about what paladins bring than I do about other classes. That's my failing, I guess

Also, paladin changes have been numerous and announced many times as Cata has been developing. Guess Blizzard really do mean business about sexying up their "rotations".

But thanks for the Priest glyphs, I'll look into them straight away!

---------- Post added 2010-07-19 at 02:00 AM ----------

HEALS
    Bread and butter heals

HEAL OVER TIME (HOTs)
    Renew, etc.

DAMAGE PREVENTION
    PW: Shield, Sacred Shield, Earth Shield

AOE HEALS
    Healing Rains, Healing Hands, Chain Heal, Circle of Healing, etc.

BUFFS
    PW:F, Kings, Might, Gift, etc.

HEALING COOLDOWNS
    Divine Favor, Desperate Prayer, Nature's Swiftness, etc.

DEFENSIVE COOLDOWNS
    Divine Sacrifice (if you must include it), Guardian Spirit, etc.

COOLDOWNS
    Rebirth, Reincarnate, the spells more focused on utility than actual healing throughput, etc.
    Awesome suggestion! I need to get some sleep for now, but I'll work on it later. Thanks very much!

Seriously, I wouldn't add glyphs. The glyph system will change a lot and we don't know how many glyphs will remain the same. Glyph of Prayer of Healing for example has no sense with the new holy mastery. And with Healing Hands, Glyph of Holy Light could suffer a drastic change.

Besides, even if some Glyphs have its own healing, it's not fair to considere Glyph of Holy Light a new skill, and Glyph of Wild Growth not. Both heal additional targets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doddilus View Post
    Why have Flash of Light(hot) listed?
    It's due to this: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=53576

That is a Paladin talent which causes Flash of Light to apply a separate HoT heal in certain circumstances.

---------- Post added 2010-07-19 at 02:07 AM ----------

Seriously, I wouldn't add glyphs. The glyph system will change a lot and we don't know how many glyphs will remain the same.
    That's a very good point...I'll remove them tomorrow - I must get some sleep!